Nicotine Withdrawals, Norepinephrine Increased

OP
Drareg

Drareg

B3 is probably the most talked about vitamin on this forum and in Ray's articles. And in some situations we're talking about ultra high megadoses, not something that would ever be possible with food nor allowed in a human study.

Yes I'm aware.
I commented on food in relation to the tobacco user.

DavidGardner

I'm sure if you go to any forum where people are in denial of an addiction they will tell you they can take it or leave it, addicts always claim to use less. These anecdotes are redundant when speaking of an addictive substance,i'll take a guess and say addicts may be inclined to lie from time to time about their substance use,call me cynical.

Many people claim a small few lines of cocaine a day is no problem either,just a smidge, their not hooked they say,even have passion for pure sources.
Same with cannabis culture, many different spins offs culturally around it from the spiritual type cannabis guy,science type cannabis guy and what about intellectual cannabis guy etc
The tobacco pipe guys are the same, let me go to extraordinary lengths to justify my addiction, I'm not addicted I just have passion for hand carved pipes and hipster styled beards, maybe a 100% sheeps wool jumper would fit the tobacco forum guy archetype nicely. I imagine Nietzsche is popular on said forum ,discussing how they are carrying issues from childhood however is a no go,maybe epigentically this is the reason for tobacco use but they will never know,sigh....

It would be great if some could say,hey it is an addiction but it's my life and I can choose how to live. (Small problem however is clogging up the health service with lung cancer,erectile dysfunction etc etc based on said reasoning)

OK. I'm addicted to nicotine, and caffeine. I can admit it. More badly to caffeine though because I've been using it longer. I've also had a history of heavy substance use my entire adult life, starting with (lots of) prescribed psychiatric meds in high school and college. Came off of those and used coffee and alcohol to self medicate. Have experimented with cannabis, kava, kratom, phenibut, and literally hundreds of dollars worth of supplements. I quit drinking this year and experienced horrible withdrawals which have intensified over time--uncontrollable shaking and anxiety. Nicotine, cannabis, and clonazepam are the only three thing that stop the shaking. I take niacin daily, and sometimes also use progesterone. I won't do weed anymore and was never willing to take clonazepam regularly because of the sedation. Hence, I'm using snus now daily. So, yeah, I'm addicted. But try living a day in my shoes without it.

Might I also mention that before I ever took anything psychoactive, I could barely function due to crippling anxiety, manic-depressive episodes beginning in childhood, and severe ADD. I have a high natural tolerance for both stimulants and relaxants, all of which indicates dopamine, norepinephrine, and GABA deficiencies. Probably high serotonin. I don't know.

Nutrition and supplements are beneficial, but not enough in my case, or for anyone with a lifelong history of severe mental illness or substance abuse, that ain't gonna cut it. So choosing between amphetamines and benzos, or coffee and tobacco, I'll pick the latter, which can at least be kind of enjoyable otherwise. Either way I'm addicted, which is something I can't change.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

OK. I'm addicted to nicotine, and caffeine. I can admit it. More badly to caffeine though because I've been using it longer. I've also had a history of heavy substance use my entire adult life, starting with (lots of) prescribed psychiatric meds in high school and college. Came off of those and used coffee and alcohol to self medicate. Have experimented with cannabis, kava, kratom, phenibut, and literally hundreds of dollars worth of supplements. I quit drinking this year and experienced horrible withdrawals which have intensified over time--uncontrollable shaking and anxiety. Nicotine, cannabis, and clonazepam are the only three thing that stop the shaking. I take niacin daily, and sometimes also use progesterone. I won't do weed anymore and was never willing to take clonazepam regularly because of the sedation. Hence, I'm using snus now daily. So, yeah, I'm addicted. But try living a day in my shoes without it.

Might I also mention that before I ever took anything psychoactive, I could barely function due to crippling anxiety, manic-depressive episodes beginning in childhood, and severe ADD. I have a high natural tolerance for both stimulants and relaxants, all of which indicates dopamine, norepinephrine, and GABA deficiencies. Probably high serotonin. I don't know.

Nutrition and supplements are beneficial, but not enough in my case, or for anyone with a lifelong history of severe mental illness or substance abuse, that ain't gonna cut it. So choosing between amphetamines and benzos, or coffee and tobacco, I'll pick the latter, which can at least be kind of enjoyable otherwise. Either way I'm addicted, which is something I can't change.

You should read more of Peats ideas on addiction, your on the right track with the right attitude imo.
Addiction is just being used here for the sake of argument, Peat and many more are pointing out that addiction is a form of lowering stress hormones etc. Many things can do this with a longer half life and less side effects.

Obviously changing environment is the best way but very difficult for most to achieve.

Niacinamide is better than niacin in most cases. Niacinamide acts like a benzodiazepine in some cases with less side effects.
T3 has been shown to be successful for treatment of severe depression that did not respond to status quo treatment.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals