New class of opioid-related pain/mood supplements

bagotage

Don't see any posts about these on the forums so thought I'd drop this and see what folks think:

See "The 2020 Revolution" section here: https://opioids.com

Emotional and physical pain are primarily a disorder of the opioid system (cf. Endogenous opioid system dysregulation). Existing opioid-based treatments of mental and physical pain tend to activate the negative-feedback mechanisms of the CNS. Therefore the cycle of misery continues. But in 2020, researchers at the Department of Infection and Immunity of the Luxembourg Institute of Health developed the novel agent LIH383.

The LIH383 molecule binds to, and blocks, a previously unknown opioid receptor in the brain, the atypical chemokine receptor ACKR3. ACKR3 functions as a "scavenger" receptor that sequestrates naturally secreted opioid peptides. By binding and trapping the brain's endogenous opioids, the ACKR3 receptor reduces their mood-brightening, pain-killing, stress-relieving and anxiolytic activity - and darkens our default hedonic tone. The novel LIH383 molecule promises to dampen this sinister mechanism of feedback-regulation. So potentially, LIH383 could be used either alone or in conjunction with selective kappa opioid antagonists to revolutionise the treatment of pain disorders, anxiety and depression - and maybe elevate the default hedonic tone of the nominally well. The therapeutic and societal implications are momentous.

More links:
https://opioids.com/lih383/lih383.pdf

Also, conolidine, derived from the crepe jasmine plant and used in traditional Chinese medicine for ages:

https://nature.com/articles/s41392-021-00548-w

Found these through researching opioid antagonism, which is seen as fairly Peaty on here, if I'm not mistaken. Thoughts?

GTW

Opiods are 19th century drugs with little redeeming value and high level toxic effects. It's a Pharma Pimps scam to hold onto and milk maximum profits.

OP
bagotage

bagotage

@GTW did you read my post at all? These are not opiates, that's why I wrote "opioid-related" and specifically mentioned opioid ANTAGONISM...

GTW

I did read.
Opiods act on/within the opiod system just as cannabinoids act within ECS.
Diabetic neuropathy blocks pain/nerves too.
Dulling pain by blocking nerve signals is not addressing the cause, the pathology, inflammation, trauma.
Who needs another opiod wonder-chemical?
Par contre,
>Moreover, E. purpurea extracts demonstrated generally a more robust anti-inflammatory activity than clinically used anti-inflammatory drugs (dexamethasone, diclofenac, salicylic acid, and celecoxib). Therefore, E. purpurea extracts may be used to develop new effective therapeutic formulations for disorders in which the immune system is either overactive or impaired.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals