New Book : **** Portion Control From Nathan Guy Hatch

OP
theLaw

theLaw

Nate is offering to answer questions on Facebook here if anyone is interested:

**** Portion Control

"This page is in support of my book, **** Portion Control, a story about my struggle and success against many health problems including depression, weight gain, and cancer, and the insights into health and human physiology which resulted from that journey. This page is also for readers and friends to submit questions or inquiries about health and wellness or to share their own experiences! Please feel free to post to this wall any questions you may have for me about my own journey, the book, or your own personal experience with health issues. This is not a space for coaching, so please keep inquiries short and concise (and I might refer you to purchasing the book if anything requires too much of an explanation—that's the point of the book). Coaching is offered through my Patreon page."

johnwester130

Book: The Blog

cover2b.png

Yes—I have figured out why hair loss happens and how it can be restored! But you'll have to buy the book for this one. It has a ton of new stuff, better writing, new cures, new stories, and best of all, almost NO spelling errors!

• The Cure for Hair Loss
• Heal Varicose Veins and other Venous Insufficiency
• Eliminate some viral Infections like Herpes
• The Cure for Depression & Learned Hopelessness
• Regenerating Tissue through GABA
• Naturally Lean through Nutrition
• The Cure for Erectile Dysfunction
• The Cure for Insomnia
• More insight into Steroids/Sex Hormones/Endocrinological Function
• Lots of Gay Stuff
• And all the great content from this blog, updated.

Of particular note in this book are new insights into curing hair loss, regenerating varicose veins, spider veins, and varicocele and other tissues through GABA, fasting to remove some types of viral infections, curing learned hopelessness, insomnia, and depression, as well as better insights into aging, iron control, thyroid, sex hormones, and erectile dysfunction than what is currently on my blog, and of course stories of my life. *Please note that like the articles on my blog, these are not pharmacological interventions to disease but simpler ideas on healing which require certain adherents to diet and behavior which not all readers will be willing or able to employ.

The book can be purchased here or by clicking on the image to the left. I will make it available on bigger sites like Amazon once there is more demand. Since this is a pre-order the delivery is subject to everything going well with my printer and fulfillment. I will provide updates and anticipate it shipping mid-March.

Here is a list of the chapters (still subject to change) so you can preview the book. Thanks for all your support!

**** PORTION CONTROL, THE BOOK
Introduction
CHAPTER 1: The Staff of Life
CHAPTER 2: The Truth About Fat
CHAPTER 3: The Truth About Sugar
CHAPTER 4: Misleading Science
CHAPTER 5: A Proper Human Diet
CHAPTER 6: Food Supply, Not Genetics, Determines Growth and Sexual Appeal
CHAPTER 7: How To Perform Self-Therapy
CHAPTER 8: SIBO, Metabolic Disease, and Gut Microbiota
CHAPTER 9: Niacin Therapy
CHAPTER 10: Infectious Diseases
CHAPTER 11: Brain Fog, Migraines, Headaches
CHAPTER 12: Dioxins, Toxins, and Pesticides
CHAPTER 13: The Cure For Depression
CHAPTER 14: Iron and Disease
CHAPTER 15: The Cure for Hypothyroidism
CHAPTER 16: Vitamin C Therapy
CHAPTER 17: The Cure for Cancer
CHAPTER 18: Fasting Removes Viral Infection
CHAPTER 19: Curing Erectile and Libido Dysfunction
CHAPTER 20: The Cure for Insomnia
CHAPTER 21: Vascular Insufficiency and General Regeneration with GABA
CHAPTER 22: Permanent Weight Loss
CHAPTER 23: Naturally Lean Through Nutrition
CHAPTER 24: Building Muscle
CHAPTER 25: For the Love of Dairy
CHAPTER 26: Good Bread
CHAPTER 27: Progesterone Heals Everything
CHAPTER 28: Curing Social Perception Disorder (Alcoholism and Drug Addiction)
CHAPTER 29: The Comorbidity of Disease States
CHAPTER 30: The Cure For Hair loss
CHAPTER 31: The Endocrinological Origin Of Institution And Social Discord
CHAPTER 32: God and Spirituality
CHAPTER 33: The Duality of Character Weaknesses and Achieving Balance
CHAPTER 34: Acne
CHAPTER 35: Love and Happiness
CHAPTER 36: Aging

Excellent Work!!! Would love to see Nathan on Danny Roddy's livestream:thumbsup:

so..............what is the cure for balding ?

Jsaute21

I think it's just wisdom that comes from being in the health-o-sphere for a long time and not necessarily a lack of enthusiasm. Sometimes the more you learn about health the more you realize how unique everyone's situation is and while we can learn from one another it is ultimately going to be up to the individual to put the pieces of their own health puzzle together.
Hard to put it better than this.

OP
theLaw

theLaw

Nathan wrote somewhere that people shouldn't consume creatine due to its phosphorus content. Perhaps he had in mind creatine phosphate. Creatine monohydrate is the usual supplement and I checked the composition: couldn't find any P there.

Creatine monohydrate
Phosphocreatine

Peat responds to a question about "Creatine Hydrate" (Monohydrate) here (24:43):

His answer is a bit complex, but basically says that is is similar to Urea with no mention of phosphorus content.

Scenes

So does anyone have opinions on Nathan’s cure for hair loss? Happy to briefly summarise it here if that’s not frowned upon...

Scenes

Posted in a hair specific thread but basically he says optimising the kynurenine pathway is the cure...converting tryptophan into nad.

Has a quick fix therapy to achieve this for a brief period, but basically a healthy metabolism should mean a healthy kynurenine pathway anyway I would’ve thought?

Things that help are taurine, b vits, vit c, a source of niacin and sugar.

Things that hurt are grains, estrogen and bad fats.

Seems pretty much what everyone on peat would already say, but no one is reporting hair regrowth...

Unless I’m missing something...

Arnold Grape

That's because you're doing it wrong - ahahaha! Seriously, though, I think this is one of those things that you must interpret as "suggestions" which may or may not work for you. If there is a flaw in above guy's writing it is that he wants to convey a message that one thing will work for everybody. Meanwhile, some of his suggestions have been helpful to me.

OP
theLaw

theLaw

That's because you're doing it wrong - ahahaha! Seriously, though, I think this is one of those things that you must interpret as "suggestions" which may or may not work for you. If there is a flaw in above guy's writing it is that he wants to convey a message that one thing will work for everybody. Meanwhile, some of his suggestions have been helpful to me.

Having read most, but not all of the book so far, I think that Nate is trying to cover as much ground as possible while giving user-friendly suggestions for improving a number of specific health issues.

The Cure for Hair Loss (Chapter 30)

First off, he spends the first 7 pages talking about the overall stress of life, which might be frustrating for those who are looking for a quick-fix, but there's an enormous amount of wisdom here that I don't think should be overlooked. Haidut has tried nearly everything under the sun, and still has not achieved 100% regrowth, but posted an anecdote of a guy he met who achieved full regrowth of hair after losing it completely only after basically moving away from civilization, so perhaps the focus on general stress is not to be overlooked.

His overall "cure" :

Niacin (therapy)
B-Vitamins
Fructose
Sunlight
Vitamin C

+Iodine-infused saturated-fat hair paste (note: if this alone was an easy solution to hair loss, Nate probably would have just sold it as a product, so I assume it won't work alone)

Plus some discussion of Progesterone, Iron, Riboflavin, DHT, NAD, Omega-3, and Ammonia, and how they fit into the picture.

Not to sound like a shill for Nate, but for anyone interested in Peat's work, this book is packed with a ton of practical ideas, and highly-recommended.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

With regards to his marketing-language, it might be a bit over-the-top, but the book has enough solid info that it's worth it imo.

Last edited:

Scenes

Having read most, but not all of the book so far, I think that Nate is trying to cover as much ground as possible while giving user-friendly suggestions for improving a number of specific health issues.

The Cure for Hair Loss (Chapter 30)

First off, he spends the first 7 pages talking about the overall stress of life, which might be frustrating for those who are looking for a quick-fix, but there's an enormous amount of wisdom here that I don't think should be overlooked. Haidut has tried nearly everything under the sun, and still has not achieved 100% regrowth, but posted an anecdote of a guy he met who achieved full regrowth of hair after losing it completely only after basically moving away from civilization, so perhaps the focus on general stress is not to be overlooked.

His overall "cure" :

Niacin (therapy)
B-Vitamins
Fructose
Sunlight
Vitamin C

+Iodine-infused saturated-fat hair paste (note: if this alone was an easy solution to hair loss, Nate probably would have just sold it as a product, so I assume it won't work alone)

Plus some discussion of Progesterone, Iron, Riboflavin, DHT, NAD, Omega-3, and Ammonia, and how they fit into the picture.

Not to sound like a shill for Nate, but for anyone interested in Peat's work, this book is packed with a ton of practical ideas, and highly-recommended.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

With regards to his marketing-language, it might be a bit over-the-top, but the book has enough solid info that it's worth it imo.

Where has Haidut written about his experience with hairloss and that anecdote you mentioned?

OP
theLaw

theLaw

Where has Haidut written about his experience with hairloss and that anecdote you mentioned?

Haidut Email Advice Depository

I lost a lot of hair over the course of a very short period (maybe 6 months or so) around 2008/2009 when I was at the height of my Paleo days. Since they I regrew at least 50% of it, so I went from almost bald to having a "receding hairline" as the dermatologist I saw called it. The period of most intense hair loss coincided almost perfectly with the period of high cortisol/prolactin/estrogen measured on blood tests, which have since normalized. To me there is no doubt that these hormones cause hair loss, the only disconnect I see with Peat is to what degree this can be reversed. The only person I know of who lost all his hair in a typical MPB pattern and got it ALL back was a mountain climber I knew back in college. He went almost completely bald in his mid-twenties and went to live with a community in the Tian-Shen mountains. I saw him maybe 5 years later and his hair had come back completely. He told me he would never go back to the modern world and there are things he could "feel" in the air, "taste" in the food and "see" around us that he could never explain but were obvious to people who lived in the wild. He said even one of those "things" was enough to cause serious health issues over time. He studied Selye as well and said once the "stress syndrome" starts it can be stopped but not reversed in the modern world we live in. That world is engineered AND optimized for stress and he thought he needed a complete reset to recover. He did seem to recover his hair fully and it did look real (no surgery or fake implants). And he went back to the mountains and seems to not have any interest in coming back. Maybe it is the CO2, maybe it is the freedom he enjoys there. But the difference in how he looked, not just because of hair regrowth, was striking. I don't think I could pull off leaving the civilized world for good, but every once in a while I wonder if there is any point in doing a more extended "reset" like him. Peat keeps going to Mexico and cuts off the world completely for months. There must be a reason for that. He also said a few times that changing places/experiences in a dramatic fashion can change things for good for people who do not respond to anything else.

TreasureVibe

Just a fyi, Nate apparently had a varicocele that he cured. Mind if someone could ask how he did it? Thnx.

OP
theLaw

theLaw

What is Niacin therapy for hair loss? Does it involve taking niacin to cause the niacin flush effect?

About half of what you see was regrown the first time I "accidentally" regrew it while developing niacin therapy (this is a chapter in my book which explains how to stimulate endogenous niacin synthesis and is not the same as taking supplemental niacin).

Hair Regrowth Progress

Since he's not detailing this on his blog, I'm not posting it here. The book is well worth the purchase price for anyone interested imo.:thumbsup:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals