• Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Mothers PTH Level Is High

forterpride

My mother recently got her PTH checked and the doctor said "something wrong with" her Parathyroid gland.
Her PTH levels came back as 103.0. The lab range on the report says 15.0-65 pg/ml. She's going to see an endocrinologist soon but I'm worried he'll giver her some rudimentary establishment type advice to correct it. The only supplement she takes is 4 drops tyromix AM and PM, 8 drops estroban a day, 15mg K2 a day and daily 325mg aspirin. Her tsh is 1.15. Her D-25oh is 30.4 (lab range is 30-100ng/ml). Her total Calcium is 9.3 (lab range is8.5-10.5mg/dl) I also have her t3 and free t-4 labs and a few other labs on the report if those are helpful.They told her her thyroid is good.

Can anybody give me some pointers on how she can address this(her PTH)? Thank you.

ps. from what ive read on RP articles he says that taking niacin and calcium (eggshells?) could help. He also mentioned having the parathyroid gland removed completely. Is this safe? Any guidance on dosing would be very much appreciated

Last edited:

mrchibbs

As far as I can tell, complete removal of the parathyroid glands is not only safe, but very therapeutic

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
EmperorOfMan Is there any truth to inheriting your mothers fathers hair? Hair & Nails 4
M “Mothers can give babies cancer through amniotic fluid” Cancer, Degenerative Diseases 2
M Why My Whole Family (mothers Side) Has Health Issues? Ask For Help or Advice 7
Drareg Neonatal Hypothyroidism Due To Mothers VEGAN Diet Scientific Studies 60
honeyinthesun Study Shows Infants Do Better On Developmental Tests When Their Mothers Consume More Fruit Science 2
haidut Mothers Can Transmit Psychiatric Issues (due To Stress) To Their Children / Grandchildren Scientific Studies 17
haidut Children Of Older Mothers Are Taller And Do Better In School Scientific Studies 56
D Low PTH, low hair tissue calcium, and constantly craving high calcium foods. Help. Ask For Help or Advice 10
Mauritio PTH - the connection of all stress hormones Science 23
haidut High PTH, low vitamin D implicated in bipolar disorder (BD) Scientific Studies 2
BearWithMe Does NDT supplement, T3/T4 or iodine raise PTH? Natural Dessicated Thyroid 9
M Supplement Calcium when PTH is low? Calcium 8
Bogdar Low PTH, Low D, High Calcium - How Is It Possible? Blood Work, Labs 16
Zpol How To Assure Calcium Getting Utilized Properly? PTH Only? Blood Work, Labs 1
J High Calcium And High PTH Blood Levels? Blood Work, Labs 1
nigma Why Should PTH Cause Soft Tissue Calcification? Ray Peat Topics 28
jamies33 High Vitamin D Has The Same PTH-countering Effects As High Calcium, Right? Symptoms, Causes 3
milk_lover Aspirin And PTH Ray Peat Topics 2
haidut Caffeine Lowers Parathyroid Hormone (PTH) Scientific Studies 7
haidut Famotidine Lowers PTH By Almost 50% Scientific Studies 33
J Vitamin D And PTH Articles & Scientific Studies 3
Lokzo Long-term mildronate treatment increased Proteobacteria level in gut microbiome, increases anxiety and causes dysbiosis Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
aliml Elevating the level of hypoxia inducible factor may be a new potential target for the treatment of depression Scientific Studies 0
J High brix level, stays around 4.9. Could it be PUFA related? Blood Sugar 0
Lizb Covid temperature safe level? Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 2
G Living 200 metres/650 feet BELOW sea level - health consequences? Altitude, Bag Breathing, CO2, Light, Weather 17
E Visual simulation of level of stimuli non-autistic people experience compared to autistic Autism 11
md_a COVID-19 Is a Vascular Disease: Coronavirus’ Spike Protein Attacks Vascular System on a Cellular Level Scientific Studies 6
Drareg Biden’s Nominee for New Cabinet-Level Science Position Is Epstein-Linked Geneticist Society 1
F Any good place to test your minerals level in the UK? Ask For Help or Advice 0
F External Peer Review of RT-PCR Test Reveals 10 Flaws at Molecular & Methodological Level Articles & Scientific Studies 3
T My Thyroid Level Is 1.7? Blood Work, Labs 3
Highserotonin90 Low Pyruvate Level ? Metabolism 10
Mito Low Serum Cholesterol Level Among Patients With COVID-19 Infection Scientific Studies 49
N Maintaining A Higher Level Of Metabolism Health 4
K What Do You Think Is The Testosterone Level Of This Guy? Health 20
Y Coconut Water Decrease The Level Of Serotonin In Brain Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 5
Mito Google Is Taking Censorship Of Health Websites To The Next Level The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 13
Kingpinguin Could Someone Explain How Inflammation Causes Diabetes (metabolic Disease) On Cell Level Metabolism 7
F 'DHT Sensitivity' = Level Of Inflammation? Hair & Nails 4
Ptolemy What Is An Acceptable Level Of Heavy Metals In A Supplement? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
B Gilbert Ling’s Life At The Cell And Below-Cell Level Book Book Recommendations 0
A Help! I Need To Control My Kynurenic Acid Level Ask For Help or Advice 38
Captain_Coconut Cellular Membrane Bilipid Layer, Pufa Fluidity, Triglyceride Repletion Of Pufa At Cellular Level Etc Ask For Help or Advice 45
T I Need This Explained At A 3rd Grade Level Ask For Help or Advice 2
Nicolas Noyola Maternal Glucose Level And Male Blastocysts (Chances Of Having A Boy) Scientific Studies 11
RWilly Increasing Pregnenolone Level Through Diet Diet 0
Pulstar Current Forum Frame Size And Color At 100% Zoom Level Suggestions, Complaints, Board Glitches 3
vulture Glucocorticoids Inhibit Gonadotropin-releasing Hormone By Acting Directly At The Hypothalamic Level Scientific Studies 3
T Potassium Ascorbate With Ribose For Cancer (With Cell Level Explanation Inside) Possible Treatment Cancer 32