Metabolism And Professions?

J

j.

Is there a study that compares the metabolic rates of people in different professions? The metabolism of mathematicians, against musicians, etc.?

onioneyedox

Re: Metabolism and Professions

A mathematician is a machine for turning coffee into theorems. -Paul Erdős

I don't know. people with that kind of professions (highly creative) seem to live relatively long, at least the famous ones.

edit. I was thinking classical musicians / composers.

Attachments

• preg.png
    preg.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 16

onioneyedox

Ok my response started to bother me, so I checked some list. Maybe I just had image that many classical composers lived long, i don't really know.

The famous mathematicians (also other similar scientist) living long maybe just be the sedentary/safe lifestyle they have.

gretchen

I was thinking of something similar the other day on my walk; the professions of cat versus dog people.... Cat people are said to be in to research and the medical profession.

I think professions can also be influenced by blood type-- active and independent professions are for blood type Os; cooperative As work in groups and for collective goals (for harmony)....... etc. The Japanese people study this:
http://www.bloodcenters.org/docs/type.pdf

frustrated

Almost every intelligent person I've encountered lives off coffee and sugar and is skinny or skinny-fat.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Iron metabolism in aging Scientific Studies 0
BearWithMe Boosting metabolism causes huge stress reaction in very well fed body Ask For Help or Advice 29
Velve921 Sunlight Intensely Enhancing Metabolism Ask For Help or Advice 0
haidut Blocking PUFA/prostaglandins restores metabolism and reverses brain aging Scientific Studies 0
R I'm starting a website based on the metabolism and Dr. Ray Peat's ideas. Ray Peat Topics 28
GreekDemiGod Wealth / money will improve your metabolism more than anything Miscellaneous 42
D Anemia in senior male - any iron metabolism Wizards / practitioners in here? Ask For Help or Advice 2
P Hashimoto, metabolism and ssri Metabolism 2
rothko Recommendations for Books on Evolution of Metabolism Metabolism 0
Herbie Ray used thyroid to slow his metabolism down. Everyone else doing the opposite. Danny Roddy 29
haidut Low energy production (glucose metabolism) may cause andropause Scientific Studies 0
Hans An optimal metabolism: a look at the furnace within Articles & Scientific Studies 11
Starship Is It Possible To Keep Metabolism High And MTOR Low? Metabolism 2
Doludolu COPPER - Very Important For Mitochondria-metabolism. Toxic Or Important - Depends On The Form Metabolism 16
haidut Low, Not High, Metabolism Creates Oxidative Stress Scientific Studies 6
JayDee 2020.10.31 : Danny Roddy #38 : In Defense Of Mexican Coke | The Authoritarian Metabolism | Etc Audio Interview Transcripts 10
H Does Tropical Weather Inhibit Metabolism? Metabolism 12
Mito The Metabolism Of Every Part Of The Body Is Affected By The Redox State Of The Blood Scientific Studies 5
md_a Early Trauma Influences Metabolism Across Generations Scientific Studies 6
A Long‐term Magnesium Supplementation Improves Glucocorticoid Metabolism Scientific Studies 0
S Cancer Therapy Based On Metabolism Dysfunction Cancer 4
J Male 25 / Pregnenolone 50mg - Hot Flashes - Raising Metabolism? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
A Visceral Fat Due To Impaired Metabolism/Fatty Liver Digestion 0
D Insulin Resistance / Cellular Metabolism / NDT Reaction Metabolism 0
Harryedgar Fat Loss, PUFA, Estrogen Detox And Increased Metabolism Weight 0
haidut Low Metabolism, Cellular Debris May Cause Huntington Disease (HD) Scientific Studies 0
haidut Cytokine Storm In COVID-19 / Sepsis Due To "cancer Metabolism" (Warburg Effect) Scientific Studies 6
johnwester130 Metabolism, CFS And Shadow People With Art Bell Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 0
D Low Pufa, Plant Based + Lean Wild Meat? Better Metabolism? Diet 10
R 5 Years Of Fasting Daily And 3 Years Of Low Carb - I Need Help On Metabolism Ask For Help or Advice 4
haidut Restoring Glucose Metabolism May Treat Crohn's Disease (CD) Scientific Studies 4
S.Seneff The Energy Maintenance Theory Of Aging: Maintaining Energy Metabolism To Allow Longevity Scientific Studies 1
Evgenij Acids Regulate Metabolism, Not Alkalis Acidity vs. Alkalinity 4
haidut Restoring Metabolism Prevents / Reverses "permanent" Nerve Damage Scientific Studies 29
zarrin77 Very High Salt Intake (50g A Day) Increases Metabolism, Makes People Energetic And Happy Scientific Studies 147
A The Minimum Amount Of Oral Thiamine HCL Required For Fixing Metabolism? Ask For Help or Advice 19
Tarmander Gut Protocol For Insulin Resistance, Metabolism, And Energy Digestion, Gut Flora 41
C Benefits Of Slow Metabolism? (Ayurvedic Perspective) Thyroid and Hormones 13
C Riboflavin Metabolism In The Hypothyroid Human Adult Thyroid and Hormones 8
Such_Umami What Percentage Of Fat Is Burned During Resting Metabolism? Ask For Help or Advice 2
Inaut How To Restore Liver Glycogen For Increased Metabolism Metabolism 9
Peatogenic Do You Think Supplementary Efforts At Increasing Metabolism Or Immunity Can Actually Suppress Them? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 6
N Maintaining A Higher Level Of Metabolism Health 4
Mauritio Mainstream Article: "Slowing Down -- Is Aging Caused By Decreased Cellular Metabolism?" Scientific Studies 1
haidut Increasing Metabolism May Reverse Alzheimer Disease (AD) And General Aging Scientific Studies 3
Ficini Cholesterol - Vitamin D - Carbon Dioxide As Markers For Metabolism Blood Work, Labs 20
Chris-R Learning To Appreciate The Stress Metabolism (weird I Know) Logs 13
haidut Hypoxia, Nutrient Deficiency Rapidly Rewires Cells For Cancer Metabolism Scientific Studies 0
haidut Male Fertility Depends On Intensity Of (sperm) Metabolism Scientific Studies 4
haidut Aging Likely Caused By Decreased Respiration / Metabolism, Not Genetic Mutations Scientific Studies 2