Maintaining A Higher Level Of Metabolism

Sagitarrius90

Hello All

Is shooting for a high metabolic state a wasteful effort if one cannot maintain the increased metabolism? I feel as I improve my health I get all of the signs of increased metabolism but then eventually I feel my body cannot maintain that level of metabolism and resorts back to increasing cortisol, adrenaline.
Sometimes when I feel like I am in this state I consume more fruit/sugars to lower cortisol but eventually I always end back to low metabolism/high cortisol

Does long term peat-ing eventually help my body adapt to a higher metabolic rate thus improving energy, healing skin/hair and all the other benefits that come with having improved metabolism/mitochondrial health? Or do I have to make a conscience effort of keeping calories up, carbs protein up and allow my body to heal?

Quick recap below of what I am currently taking and eating; follow the majority of peats guidelines with regards to my nutrition- when I don't exercise with weights I am consuming 2400 calories when sedentary. Sleep 8 hours

Currently supplementin
-taurine (3-6g)
-vitamin e (800 iu)
-vitamin a (10-20 000 iu)
-1500 mg calcium
-b complex (100 mg of each)
-10 mg progesterone
- L-Thenanine (300 mg daily)
- Vitamin D (3000-4000 iu daily)

140 protein minimum
2-3 tablespoon coconut oil daily
Fruits and simple sugars

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hello All

Is shooting for a high metabolic state a wasteful effort if one cannot maintain the increased metabolism? I feel as I improve my health I get all of the signs of increased metabolism but then eventually I feel my body cannot maintain that level of metabolism and resorts back to increasing cortisol, adrenaline.
Sometimes when I feel like I am in this state I consume more fruit/sugars to lower cortisol but eventually I always end back to low metabolism/high cortisol

Does long term peat-ing eventually help my body adapt to a higher metabolic rate thus improving energy, healing skin/hair and all the other benefits that come with having improved metabolism/mitochondrial health? Or do I have to make a conscience effort of keeping calories up, carbs protein up and allow my body to heal?

Quick recap below of what I am currently taking and eating; follow the majority of peats guidelines with regards to my nutrition- when I don't exercise with weights I am consuming 2400 calories when sedentary. Sleep 8 hours

Currently supplementin
-taurine (3-6g)
-vitamin e (800 iu)
-vitamin a (10-20 000 iu)
-1500 mg calcium
-b complex (100 mg of each)
-10 mg progesterone
- L-Thenanine (300 mg daily)
- Vitamin D (3000-4000 iu daily)

140 protein minimum
2-3 tablespoon coconut oil daily
Fruits and simple sugars
Hey Nick,
The metabolism is make to run optimally so pushing yourself to a "fast metabolism" is not really pushing, its restoring it how it should be. Recovering takes time and as long as you keep calories up, eat frequently (or at least prevent low blood sugar) and eating a nutritious diet, you'll be able to maintain a healthy state.
As you are recovering it might be easy to regress due to stress, too little calories, gut irritation or just a lack of vitamins and minerals.
But as you recover quite a bit it is much easier to maintain a more optimal metabolism as you do become much more stress resilient.

So basically, just be super persistent.

Lastly, why the high dose vit E, A and B complex? Just eating a nutritious diet will be more than enough. I'd rather use a B-vit with lower amounts or a thorne multi vitamin and mineral. They have good amounts.
I'm a bit apposed to refined sugar though as it quickly depletes you of essential vitamins and minerals and do prefer to get my vitamins and minerals from whole foods only and avoid the refined foods.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

Appreciate the post @Hans....

I noticed with recovery I get great body temp, heart rate and great mental clarity, a strong sense of who I am with sustainable energy levels then I crash. I doubt its stress hormones causing the euphoric feeling because when I feel high cortisol my face swells and my thoughts are really erratic and all over the place.

Maybe its because my calories fluctuate. For instance, in the AM I consume a good amount of calories from carbs, fats and proteins then I pretty much slow down for the rest of the day and it could also be the generous caffiene intake first thing in the AM and maybe I'm just feeling the crash from that (I always ensure I'm eating enough sugar and calories when I consume caffiene)

No idea why I take so much b vitamins and fat souble vitamins maybe I should lower them definitly overkill

lampofred

I think low vitamin D, glycine, calcium and excess iron, glyphosate, phosphate has that effect of making you feel like you are operating beyond your means, forcing yourself to eat then forcing yourself to metabolize via thyroid and repeating that cycle.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Appreciate the post @Hans....

I noticed with recovery I get great body temp, heart rate and great mental clarity, a strong sense of who I am with sustainable energy levels then I crash. I doubt its stress hormones causing the euphoric feeling because when I feel high cortisol my face swells and my thoughts are really erratic and all over the place.

Maybe its because my calories fluctuate. For instance, in the AM I consume a good amount of calories from carbs, fats and proteins then I pretty much slow down for the rest of the day and it could also be the generous caffiene intake first thing in the AM and maybe I'm just feeling the crash from that (I always ensure I'm eating enough sugar and calories when I consume caffiene)

No idea why I take so much b vitamins and fat souble vitamins maybe I should lower them definitly overkill
If you energy is fluctuating during the day then it's definitely diet related. Like you mentioned, you slow down as the day goes on. Make sure you eat as much in the PM as you do in the AM. Always support your body with whole foods, not quick burning sugar or even fruit juice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals