Metabolism And Professions?

J

j.

Is there a study that compares the metabolic rates of people in different professions? The metabolism of mathematicians, against musicians, etc.?

onioneyedox

Re: Metabolism and Professions

A mathematician is a machine for turning coffee into theorems. -Paul Erdős

I don't know. people with that kind of professions (highly creative) seem to live relatively long, at least the famous ones.

edit. I was thinking classical musicians / composers.

Attachments

• preg.png
    preg.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 21

onioneyedox

Ok my response started to bother me, so I checked some list. Maybe I just had image that many classical composers lived long, i don't really know.

The famous mathematicians (also other similar scientist) living long maybe just be the sedentary/safe lifestyle they have.

gretchen

I was thinking of something similar the other day on my walk; the professions of cat versus dog people.... Cat people are said to be in to research and the medical profession.

I think professions can also be influenced by blood type-- active and independent professions are for blood type Os; cooperative As work in groups and for collective goals (for harmony)....... etc. The Japanese people study this:
http://www.bloodcenters.org/docs/type.pdf

frustrated

Almost every intelligent person I've encountered lives off coffee and sugar and is skinny or skinny-fat.