Low Thyroid And Pregnant

BrianF

My partner has always been low thyroid, I have pushed for her to do something about that but just could never get her to see beyond the dogma of the day in relation to sugar, salt, etc. And thyroid, jeez forget it. Bit by bit, she has come to realise I was correct and now she would like to do something about it but she is pregnant.

Now I know that nobody would advise me to start dosing The Mrs with T3, while four months pregnant, but I would like to know what people think would be the consequences of a little supplementation to a pregnant woman? What are the risks?

HDD

My partner has always been low thyroid, I have pushed for her to do something about that but just could never get her to see beyond the dogma of the day in relation to sugar, salt, etc. And thyroid, jeez forget it. Bit by bit, she has come to realise I was correct and now she would like to do something about it but she is pregnant.

Now I know that nobody would advise me to start dosing The Mrs with T3, while four months pregnant, but I would like to know what people think would be the consequences of a little supplementation to a pregnant woman? What are the risks?

From "Nutritiin for Women" (E. Nutrition and brains.) pg 8

"Additionally, when the mothers' general health is so poor that nutrition just during pregnancy can't overcome the lifelong deprivation, the use of hormones could keep the mother in good health during pregnancy, and act as a buffer between the fetus and the mother 's metabolic instability. In some areas, thyroid hormone would be crucial. In every area, for a large percentage of women, progesterone can improve gestation."

The quote above followed a paragraph discussing the effects of malnourishment in villages of Latin America and how the brain size and mental development of the baby can be increased by a little improvement in the diet of the pregnant woman.

You might find some useful information in this thread:

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/pregnant.2560/

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals