My Sister Is Pregnant, Has Placenta Previa

milk

I don't mean this to sound too dramatic.

She's about to turn 29. First pregnancy. I think about 8 months now (yes, I should know this more accurately). She had a vaginal bleeding a few months ago and her husband rushed her to the doctor, which is when she found out about the placenta previa. Baby otherwise seems to be doing very fine. They gave her progesterone when the bleeding occurred, which she took for a while, I think something like two weeks.

She had bulimia when she was 11 or 12. Which is probably why one of her ovaries was not in very good shape, as she told me once, years ago. This is probably related to the placenta previa, isn't it? Placenta previa is commonly caused by previous health issues, and it's an ovary we're talking about.

That's probably why she had trouble getting pregnant for a while. But she managed to get pregnant, and according to the latest ultrasound the baby is doing well, as mentioned.

She's scheduled for a C-section next month. Does anyone know of anything that might help this final stage of her pregnancy (and the C-section delivery) be as safe as possible?

I don't expect anyone to know particular peaty advice for cases of placenta previa, but there are some really smart and well-informed people here, so I think it would be a good idea to ask.

OP
M

milk

C-section has been performed three days ago and baby and mother are doing fine.

I realize everyone is hesitant to give advice when it comes to pregnancy.

I thought maybe "placenta previa" would ring a bell, maybe Peat would have mentioned it here or there, maybe someone would have a handy tip. But it's all good.

Tansia

This is an interesting topic, it's a shame there's no further info added. I would think thyroid is a bug factor but need to look for studies on this subject

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals