Koncentrated K brand of Vitamin K

Jon2547

Is the Koncentrated K a good brand of vitamin K? I've had so much experience with buying vitamins and supplements and often I'll buy something only later to find out that it is not the best type.

I have seen various brands talked about in regards to vitamin K, but this Koncentrated K seems to have really high levels of MK7 and MK4.

Is it good or is there another brand that is better?

It is very concentrated in vitamin K. It also has all the main common forms: phylloquinone( K1), menaquinone 7( MK7) and menatetrenone( MK4). The only problem I see is the excipients. It contains some soy derivatives, which Peat isn't in favor of. Aside from that, it seems like an interesting supplement.

In terms of price, Thorne gives you 1,2 grams( 1200 mg) of vitamin K2 MK4 per bottle and costs about 70 dollars.

That Koncentarted K brand gives you 1,5 grams( 1500mg) of MK4 per bottle, along with a lot of K1 and some MK7 too and costs 45 dollars, so it is a lot cheaper.

Haidut's vitamin K2, Kuinone, gives you 1,44( 1440mg) of MK4 per bottle and costs about 50 dollars.

Thorne is expensive compared with the other two. Haidut's Kuinone is trustworthy for sure, so that's a cheaper but still high quality option to the expensive Thorne's K2. The Koncentrated K product has fillers, which you may or may not tolerate.

OP
Jon2547

Jon2547

Ok thank you for the information, Rafael. Are there any other brands that you are aware of?

Ok thank you for the information, Rafael. Are there any other brands that you are aware of?
I used to use one from a brand called Now, but I stopped because the dose was too low, and it was only MK7.

meatbag

Is the Koncentrated K a good brand of vitamin K? I've had so much experience with buying vitamins and supplements and often I'll buy something only later to find out that it is not the best type.

I have seen various brands talked about in regards to vitamin K, but this Koncentrated K seems to have really high levels of MK7 and MK4.

Highly recommend the toxinless site, he's put in a lot of time to provide a list of the purest sources of various things;
Directory of foods and supplements without questionable additives - Toxinless

johnwester130

healthnatura make a good one

It is very concentrated in vitamin K. It also has all the main common forms: phylloquinone( K1), menaquinone 7( MK7) and menatetrenone( MK4). The only problem I see is the excipients. It contains some soy derivatives, which Peat isn't in favor of. Aside from that, it seems like an interesting supplement.

In terms of price, Thorne gives you 1,2 grams( 1200 mg) of vitamin K2 MK4 per bottle and costs about 70 dollars.

That Koncentarted K brand gives you 1,5 grams( 1500mg) of MK4 per bottle, along with a lot of K1 and some MK7 too and costs 45 dollars, so it is a lot cheaper.

Haidut's vitamin K2, Kuinone, gives you 1,44( 1440mg) of MK4 per bottle and costs about 50 dollars.

Thorne is expensive compared with the other two. Haidut's Kuinone is trustworthy for sure, so that's a cheaper but still high quality option to the expensive Thorne's K2. The Koncentrated K product has fillers, which you may or may not tolerate.

It took me 4 years of research, searching and many rejected samples before I was able to find this beautiful vitamin K2. I thought finding K2 would be simple to source, but I was astounded at the shear volume of low quality vitamin K2 on the market, to the point I'm convinced this is a systemic problem. While researching this product I made a shocking discovery. Over 90% of the samples tested either did not contain any Trans isomer or had significantly less Trans isomer than stated by the manufacturer. This is important, because only the Trans isomer form is biologically active. The inactive Cis isomer form is found to some degree in all K2 products, the problem, Cis isomer K2 is easy to produce, hard to filter out and not required to be stipulated on the label. As a result, MOST companies cheat and only disclose the total K2 content of their product and not the active content. The second problem common in the industry is stability, or the degradation of the Trans isomer over time. According to an industry review as well as my personal testing, over 60% of the retail K2 supplements were below 50% of the stated label value less than a year after manufacture. So even if the starting K2 concentrate was of high quality, how it is handled during the manufacturing process and what it is mixed with are both VERY important.

We GUARANTEE a full, as labeled yield, of Trans isomer vitamin K2 up to 3 years after the date of manufacture. We test every batch for active Trans isomer K2, adjust for any variations we may find and use our strict proprietary process to yield a stable, high performing Truly Active Vitamin K2.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Their website says the capsule contain astaxanthin. This is not good as astaxanthin is a reductant (also marketed as antioxidant) and is highly unsaturated, and as such easily peroxidizes when taken with oxidizing agents (quinones) like the various types of vitamin K in the same capsule. Similar issue with combining larger doses of vitamin K and E, with the difference that vitamin E is much more resistant to oxidation by vitamin K and does not generates toxic peroxides like the unsaturated astaxanthin does.

amd

How to choose the right Vitamin K2 supplement
https://omegavia.com/how-to-choose-the-right-vitamin-k2-supplement/

OP
Jon2547

Jon2547

I've been conflicted for years and years regarding MK-4 and MK-7. I do have a tiny amount of understanding but not nearly as much as some of the chemists on this forum.

What is the takeaway? Which form is best?

meatbag

I've been conflicted for years and years regarding MK-4 and MK-7. I do have a tiny amount of understanding but not nearly as much as some of the chemists on this forum.

What is the takeaway? Which form is best?
MK-4

Ben.

MK-4 actually does something positive for me (Thorne) in combination with taurine, can't say mk7 does as much from personal experience.

I personally am looking for a complex to buy in europe containing mk1, mk4 and mk7 all trans.

So far i've only found vitamaze (made in germany):

• 2.200 mcg Vitamin K per sreving
  • 200µg Vitamin K2 (Menaquinon MK-7 all-trans) + 1.000µg Vitamin K2 (Menaquinon MK-4) + 1.000µg Vitamin K1 (Phytomenadion)

Ingridients: Filler (Mikrokristalline Cellulose), Menachinon MK4 (Vitamin K2), Capsule (Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose), Phytomenadion (Vitamin K1), Rice extract, Menachinon MK7 (Vitamin K2)

or another one i've found is fairvital:

Vitamin K 2200μg / 2933%
of which:
Vitamin K1 1000μg
Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone-4) 1000μg
Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone-7) 200μg
L-leucine 20mg

ingredients: bulking agent microcrystalline cellulose, menaquinone MK-4, glazing agent hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (capsule shell), phytomenadione, L-leucine, menaquinone MK-7

We GUARANTEE a full, as labeled yield, of Trans isomer vitamin K2 up to 3 years after the date of manufacture. We test every batch for active Trans isomer K2, adjust for any variations we may find and use our strict proprietary process to yield a stable, high performing Truly Active Vitamin K2.

Nice, wonder where i can purchase it in europe without paying a huge sum for international shipping for a single bottle.

OP
Jon2547

Jon2547

Does anyone have a coupon code for Idealabs?

Grapelander

We also have Health Natura at $ 49.99 for 1200 mg.

amd

RP said that the K vitamins are similar and that he uses vitamin K1.

P

Peatness

Would love to know how Dr. Peat is getting that K1, supplement or food

ironfist

How to choose the right Vitamin K2 supplement
https://omegavia.com/how-to-choose-the-right-vitamin-k2-supplement/
So, life extension makes a k vitamin with Mk4, mk6, mk7 and mk9. It's called super k elite. It's like 20 dollars for 30 quantity.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals