Experiences With Thorne 3-K Complete ?

Frankdee20

Looking to try a different K product than the LE Super K. That product was not terrible, but to get a better amount of MK4, and not too much K1, I have decided to try Thorne K3. It has 4 MG of MK4, about 90 MCG of MK7, and some K1. I take ASPIRIN about 4 times a week, sometimes 2 standard caps a day. No bleeding or bruising issues were noted. I am looking for something to balance with Vitamin D, I take about 2-5K IU a day, and am probable still at 30ng/dl Level.

baccheion

Thorne also has liquid MK-4 drops. 10 IU D3 : 2 mcg+ MK-4.

If serum isn't responding and you don't have a magnesium deficiency, jump to 300 IU/kg/day. 50-100 IU/kg/day should be sufficient, but some need more.

3-K complete seems great to me, but I've never tried it. Matches well with their 25,000 IU vitamin D3 product. And sufficient magnesium.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Thorne also has liquid MK-4 drops. 10 IU D3 : 2 mcg+ MK-4.

If serum isn't responding and you don't have a magnesium deficiency, jump to 300 IU/kg/day. 50-100 IU/kg/day should be sufficient, but some need more.

3-K complete seems great to me, but I've never tried it. Matches well with their 25,000 IU vitamin D3 product. And sufficient magnesium.

One Amazon reviewer said the product has 5mg of Silica in it. Thorne does have a lot of excipients in their products these days.

BigChad

One Amazon reviewer said the product has 5mg of Silica in it. Thorne does have a lot of excipients in their products these days.

The 3-K thorne product actually has 15mg silicon in just one capsule which is just ridiculous.
There is relentless improvements product on amazon. no fillers, 15mg MK4 per capsule. they advise taking 3 capsules a day which I think isn't necessary, 15mg even a few times a week should be good.

If you have autoimmune type condition, vitamin K seems to cause hair loss, receding hairline for whatever reason.

there is codeage ADK product on amazon. 300mcg mk7, 1.5mg MK4, 1mg K1, along with 5000Iu D3 and 3000IU of A. The MK7 can be helpful its supposedly better at increasing MK4 levels than MK4 itself, so it may be worth doing a combination of the ADK product a couple times a week, than a separate D and relentless improvement K product a few times a week.

Thorne's 3-K product has 5mg MK4 iirc. life extensions super K product has MK7 from soy so these other options are better, as Codeage sources their MK7 from bacterial fermentation from algae which may be better than the geroniol sourced K.

A to an extent also is needed to balance D I think in terms of IU as a minimum maybe 50% A relative to D in IU so 2500Iu A per 5000IU D3 from diet/supps combined.

baccheion

The 3-K thorne product actually has 15mg silicon in just one capsule which is just ridiculous.
There is relentless improvements product on amazon. no fillers, 15mg MK4 per capsule. they advise taking 3 capsules a day which I think isn't necessary, 15mg even a few times a week should be good.

If you have autoimmune type condition, vitamin K seems to cause hair loss, receding hairline for whatever reason.

there is codeage ADK product on amazon. 300mcg mk7, 1.5mg MK4, 1mg K1, along with 5000Iu D3 and 3000IU of A. The MK7 can be helpful its supposedly better at increasing MK4 levels than MK4 itself, so it may be worth doing a combination of the ADK product a couple times a week, than a separate D and relentless improvement K product a few times a week.

Thorne's 3-K product has 5mg MK4 iirc. life extensions super K product has MK7 from soy so these other options are better, as Codeage sources their MK7 from bacterial fermentation from algae which may be better than the geroniol sourced K.

A to an extent also is needed to balance D I think in terms of IU as a minimum maybe 50% A relative to D in IU so 2500Iu A per 5000IU D3 from diet/supps combined.
A sufficient to meet the RDA may be all that's required. At least 2.4x as much vitamin D3 (2.4 IU : 1 IU) would be needed to handle A. Vice versa if A is the main thing.

A may be better adjusted via labs. Take whatever else, then check vitamin A levels. If too low, increase vitamin A dose. The same can be done with vitamin K, especially if just wanting enough to support vitamin D.

MK-7 raises MK-4 levels better than an equivalent dose of MK-4 IIRC. The dose of MK-7 is small enough that it would be effectively irrelevant in that regard.

BigChad

A sufficient to meet the RDA may be all that's required. At least 2.4x as much vitamin D3 (2.4 IU : 1 IU) would be needed to handle A. Vice versa if A is the main thing.

A may be better adjusted via labs. Take whatever else, then check vitamin A levels. If too low, increase vitamin A dose. The same can be done with vitamin K, especially if just wanting enough to support vitamin D.

MK-7 raises MK-4 levels better than an equivalent dose of MK-4 IIRC. The dose of MK-7 is small enough that it would be effectively irrelevant in that regard.

What do you mean A or D the main thing.
One thinh i remember reading even 100mcg mk7, resulted in elevated levels days later while mk4 only stays elevated a few hours even big doses.

lvysaur

What do you mean?
K3 is a synthetic analog of vitamin K with toxic effects.
The product name is 3K, and it's easy to assume that it's a product containing K3.

baccheion

What do you mean A or D the main thing.
One thinh i remember reading even 100mcg mk7, resulted in elevated levels days later while mk4 only stays elevated a few hours even big doses.
More A than D3 or more D3 than A. Sometimes the combo is taken for the effects of D3. Sometimes for the effects of A.

MK-7 has a longer half-life. As MK-7. I suppose during that time there could be a steady drip of MK-4. On the other hand, it's an amount proportional to the dose of MK-7 (ie, not much).

MK-7's half-life is relevant, but not to the point it replaces MK-4's unique effects. It can be used (100 mcg per 5,000-10,000 IU D3) on its own without issue if the effects of MK-4 aren't desired. Again, there are labs that indirectly measure vitamin K status (percent carboxylated osteocalcin, which is what's relevant in this case really) if concerned or wanting to know if enough (or too much) is being taken.

Experienced

Looking to try a different K product than the LE Super K. That product was not terrible, but to get a better amount of MK4, and not too much K1, I have decided to try Thorne K3. It has 4 MG of MK4, about 90 MCG of MK7, and some K1. I take ASPIRIN about 4 times a week, sometimes 2 standard caps a day. No bleeding or bruising issues were noted. I am looking for something to balance with Vitamin D, I take about 2-5K IU a day, and am probable still at 30ng/dl Level.
I've ordered my self Thorne Vitamin D3/K2 Liquid it'll arrive soon.