Is this hypogonadism and/or estrogen overproduction ?

Hello and thank you for reading
I am a Franco-Spanish man, 19 years old, 1m82, 72kg, currently a student, in the northwest of France, even if I have already said so.
I eat more or less "peaty", averaging just over 3000 calories, I track my hunger.
I have several characteristics that make me think that I have had serious testosterone problems for several years:
-I have larger nipples than most other men, including overweight. Except when I'm cold or playing sports.
-I naturally have little energy and I recover slowly, despite bodybuilding I have the same physique, even less muscular, than the somewhat effeminate sedentary people I saw in high school.
-I have a large amount of fat on the reeds,
-I literally have girly wrists, while my dad's wrists are pretty big and so are my mom's relatives.
-I don't have an androgynous appearance but I'm a coward, I've always crushed in front of authority. I'm almost afraid of making phone calls or things like that.
-When I confront myself with other men, my first reaction is to be afraid for event almost crying, the only times I'm "brave" is mostly "bluffing", I never have a dominant reaction naturally.
-I have never attracted a girl
-I am obsessive, I ruminate permanently and I have a tendency to depression.
-I have a very low libido
-I have sometimes had very self-destructive behavior, I feel guilty and it is a powerful vector of anxiety.
-I think I have mild chronic anxiety
etc., etc

I plan to do a testosterone test (among others), in case this is confirmed, would you recommend a particular treatment, for those who would be competent in andocrinology.
I'm thinking clomid.

Cordially

Risingfire

This kills me. Though I wouldn't take clomid. It will increase more estrogen. Have you gotten any bloods done recently?

steel_reserve

You sound like me.

Clomid was a disaster.

I felt great on oxidal but my Testosterone got even lower. I believe the relief I got was the oxidal increased conversion of T to DHT.

I believe I have low T production and low DHT conversion.

Related thread

Risingfire

Not yet, I'll make one when I can in a week or two
I'm not sure how much your doctor will allow for blood tests for your age. See if you can get DHT, Test, DHEA-S, Prolactin(and/or Estrone-S).

Do you test your temp and pulse?

Do you generally eat liver and oysters?

OP
ValeryZeSpanich
I'm not sure how much your doctor will allow for blood tests for your age. See if you can get DHT, Test, DHEA-S, Prolactin(and/or Estrone-S).

Do you test your temp and pulse?

Do you generally eat liver and oysters?
I don't need a doctor, I can do it directly in a laboratory, it's not too expensive where I live.
I did not take my temperature, but when I eat well I have a fairly above average thermogenesis, my pulse is quite low (54bpm).
The liver doesn't seem to do anything, I think my testicles got bigger after eating a few oysters once but it's probably a coincidence/placebo.

OP
ValeryZeSpanich
You sound like me.

Clomid was a disaster.

I felt great on oxidal but my Testosterone got even lower. I believe the relief I got was the oxidal increased conversion of T to DHT.

I believe I have low T production and low DHT conversion.

Related thread
It's weird, I guess it depends on people, I've seen reports of hypogonadal people going to above average testosterone on this drug.

steel_reserve

It's weird, I guess it depends on people, I've seen reports of hypogonadal people going to above average testosterone on this drug.
My test went from low to low normal but I totally zapped my energy and focus. People at work were asking me if I was OK. Management started asking about my clocking in late most days.

Risingfire

I don't need a doctor, I can do it directly in a laboratory, it's not too expensive where I live.
I did not take my temperature, but when I eat well I have a fairly above average thermogenesis, my pulse is quite low (54bpm).
The liver doesn't seem to do anything, I think my testicles got bigger after eating a few oysters once but it's probably a coincidence/placebo.
You sound hypothyroid

Vanset

you need to take a blood test my dude. total t, shbg, free t. lh, fsh, thyroid panel. stop guessing.

B

Blaze

Hello and thank you for reading
I am a Franco-Spanish man, 19 years old, 1m82, 72kg, currently a student, in the northwest of France, even if I have already said so.
I eat more or less "peaty", averaging just over 3000 calories, I track my hunger.
I have several characteristics that make me think that I have had serious testosterone problems for several years:
-I have larger nipples than most other men, including overweight. Except when I'm cold or playing sports.
-I naturally have little energy and I recover slowly, despite bodybuilding I have the same physique, even less muscular, than the somewhat effeminate sedentary people I saw in high school.
-I have a large amount of fat on the reeds,
-I literally have girly wrists, while my dad's wrists are pretty big and so are my mom's relatives.
-I don't have an androgynous appearance but I'm a coward, I've always crushed in front of authority. I'm almost afraid of making phone calls or things like that.
-When I confront myself with other men, my first reaction is to be afraid for event almost crying, the only times I'm "brave" is mostly "bluffing", I never have a dominant reaction naturally.
-I have never attracted a girl
-I am obsessive, I ruminate permanently and I have a tendency to depression.
-I have a very low libido
-I have sometimes had very self-destructive behavior, I feel guilty and it is a powerful vector of anxiety.
-I think I have mild chronic anxiety
etc., etc

I plan to do a testosterone test (among others), in case this is confirmed, would you recommend a particular treatment, for those who would be competent in andocrinology.
I'm thinking clomid.

Cordially
I second what Vanset said. A blood test will give you something concrete you can use to decide how to proceed. Speculating on how to treat your symptoms without first doing blood work may lead you to try inappropriate measures for your circumstance that may do you more harm than good. Taking exogenous testosterone, for example, if it turns out you are not low, may temporarily shut down or slow your endogenous production. Proceed carefully and first get the information you need to make those prudent choices.

Also, you must find a way to deal with any anxiety, depression, obsessive behavior, insecurities etc....
The burden of the stress we are under from those things commonly manifest as physical symptoms. You, me and every human being have to find ways to lower stress and deal with our anxiety, depression, obsessive behavior, insecurities and fears. Nobody is free from that burden. It's never easy but I am confident that with time you will find you have the strength you need already within you to triumph over those issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
ValeryZeSpanich
I second what Vanset said. A blood test will give you something concrete you can use to decide how to proceed. Speculating on how to treat your symptoms without first doing blood work may lead you to try inappropriate measures for your circumstance that may do you more harm than good. Taking exogenous testosterone, for example, if it turns out you are not low, may temporarily shut down or slow your endogenous production. Proceed carefully and first get the information you need to make prudent choices.

Also, you must find a way to deal with any anxiety, depression, obsessive behavior, insecurities etc....
The burden of the stress we are under from those things commonly manifest as physical symptoms. You, me and every human being have to find ways to lower stress and deal with our anxiety, depression, obsessive behavior, insecurities and fears. Nobody is free from that burden. It's never easy but I am confident that with time you will find you have the strength within you to triumph over those issues.
you need to take a blood test my dude. total t, shbg, free t. lh, fsh, thyroid panel. stop guessing.
you are right, I will do a lab test in a week or two.

opethfeldt

I doubt your testosterone is low. In fact, there's plenty of studies showing that testosterone actually makes you more submissive to authority in the presence of high cortisol. It's much more likely your estrogen is high. I have the same problem and also struggle with high estrogen. Estrogen is a powerful hormone and can basically cancel out the effects of testosterone, especially if your DHT is also low.

unsubscribed

Hey mate,
Join a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu gym, MMA etc. It’s much more than what you think. It builds character, confidence, comradery.
It’ll be a nice change of scenery :)

Risingfire

I think I'm just brachycardic, I've always had that, whatever.
I'm not sure why you're on the Ray Peat forum if you're not willing to test primary things which Ray suggests and fluff it off as possibly something else. Maybe it's learned helplessness. Good luck on your health journey

OP
ValeryZeSpanich
I doubt your testosterone is low. In fact, there's plenty of studies showing that testosterone actually makes you more submissive to authority in the presence of high cortisol. It's much more likely your estrogen is high. I have the same problem and also struggle with high estrogen. Estrogen is a powerful hormone and can basically cancel out the effects of testosterone, especially if your DHT is also low.
ty

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom