Is There A Hidden Subliminal Message In Ray's Work ?

Oleg

Ray Peat seems to have leftist/communist sympathies. I believe he described himself as an anarchist and most anarchists are in league with communists. If I understand correctly his views of Stalin are based on Grover Furr?

This view is quite a contradiction and flies in the face of Ray Peat’s anti-authoritarianism views. Let’s entertain the idea that Stalin was a “good” leader... how is that okay when you establish one of the most authoritarian regimes in human history? How is it okay when you murder your political rivals, hold sham political trials, and crush dissent? Again I repeat this is a contradiction to his ideas against authoritarianism.

I’ve also heard Ray speak ill of libertarianism which strongly opposes centralized authority and staunchly promotes the freedom of speech that we all are seeing suppressed including in the works of Ray Peat himself.

The fact is the USSR was a brutal system if you love freedom because communism takes away your natural rights to property and expression and forces you into an unnatural arrangement where a powerful authority governs almost every aspect of your life.

I also believe it’s no longer contrarian to see communism or the USSR in a positive light as we have had the cultural Marxists through the Frankfurt school (professor Herbert Marcuse et al) indoctrinate our generations through public education.

I learned about communism through my own reading, reading Karl Marx writings, biographies, and history and being astonished at the duplicity of our education and media. I also witnessed the soul crushing fruits of communism, and not as tourist on a guided tour in the USSR...
Obviously, you never lived in USSR

Nemo

Not quite, I just think he adopts the more extreme stances on some issues to remind people that the not all issues are black and white, and there is good and bad in pretty much everything. So in a sense he is overcompensating to bring the scale of public opinion back to equilibrium, even if it means discrediting himself in the process. The man clearly has very little in the way of ego and would willingly sacrifice all of his credibility for his idea of the greater good, I bet.

I agree, except that I don't think he sees it as discrediting himself. I think he thinks Stalin did some good things.

You start censoring your real views on Stalin, and you'll start censoring your real views on everything. I'm censoring myself right now.

Dr. B

I think it's good to discuss it because it would apply to undercooked starch. I ate undercooked pasta "al dente" for many years and so do probably millions of people. The persorption issue is why Peat recommends to cook potatos for at least 45 minutes. He still eats starch himself, but probably not as a main carb source. Just yesterday he talked on Danny's podcast about eating a taco or something like that.
is Al dente the name of the dish? I hadnt heard of eating undercooked pasta. does it have a better taste or why is it eaten.

boris

is Al dente the name of the dish? I hadnt heard of eating undercooked pasta. does it have a better taste or why is it eaten.

"Al dente" means "to the tooth", meaning the pasta should have a bite to it and not be soft. But a well cooked pasta will always be soft. It's a very widespread trend to cook it "al dente" and leave the center undercooked, basically all professional cookbook and TV chefs tell people to cook it that way.

I think they do it to give the dish more texture and prevent the noodles from breaking when you mix it with the sauce.

Last edited:

Dr. B

"Al dente" means "to the tooth", meaning the pasta should have a bite to it and not be soft. But a well cooked pasta will always be soft. It's a very widespread trend to cook it "al dente" and leave the center undercooked, basically all professional cookbook and TV chefs tell people to cook it that way.

I think they do it to give the dish more texture and prevent the noodles from breaking when you mix it with the sauce.

what do you think are Rays thoughts on well cooked pasta? does it have the same issues as bread and gluten, or is there less gluten in pasta/is it safer than other starches or breads, potatoes, rice?

boris

what do you think are Rays thoughts on well cooked pasta? does it have the same issues as bread and gluten, or is there less gluten in pasta/is it safer than other starches or breads, potatoes, rice?

I haven't heard him directly talk about Pasta, but it's the same as bread. There are gluten free pasta brands that use sprouted flour, so those would be safer than the regular ones. I think nixtamalized corn and potatoes are still better though. Don't know if rice would be better or worse than the sprouted flour, but for many people it doesn't seem to cause problems.

Last edited:

Dr. B

I haven't heard him directly talk about Pasta, but it's the same as bread. There are gluten free pasta brands that use sprouted flour, so those would be safer than the regular ones. I think nixtamalized corn and potatoes are still better though. Don't know if rice would be better or worse than the sprouted flour, but for many people it doesn't seem to cause problems.

do you know if nixtamalized just means lime soaked or is there a particular process? I found these tortillas but they just say something like lime tortillas so its not clear if theyre nixtamalized or just soaked in lime juice. also I thought Ray has said potatoes protein is very high quality but they can be allergenic for many people. some people on here with autoimmune issues say they feel better cutting out all starches including potatoes and rice. does sprouted flour remove all the gluten and anti nutrients?

boris

@Mr.Bollox nixtamalized means cooked in an alkaline solution like limewater, but not lime the fruit, it's lime from limestone. If it says lime tortillas it's likely that they are nixtamalized (unless they taste sour :lol:). Storebought tortillas often have preservatives, unless you can find frozen ones. Tortillas are very easy to make yourself though, you only need to add water to the flour and it's ready to be cooked.

Ray Peat: "...the chinese and central and south americans many years ago, the chinese probably 3000 years ago, discovered that if you cook a grain in lye or lime, oxidized calcium compound or potassium hydroxide from ashes of vegetation, those caustic alkalis digest the grain, destroy the things that make it indigestable, turn the potentially toxic balance of amino acids that could create pellagra if you had a corn based diet for example, convert those into vitamins so that tortillas are very rich as a source of calcium and niacin and very easy to digest because the corn and the proteins are partially digested already. So nixtamalized corn, the kind used in hominy tamales and tortillas, is not like any of the other grain starches."

I have not seen any data about the sprouting. After sprouting the grain is a plant, so it should still have some anti-nutrients, but I think they would then be mostly eliminated with cooking.

Dr. B

@Mr.Bollox nixtamalized means cooked in an alkaline solution like limewater, but not lime the fruit, it's lime from limestone. If it says lime tortillas it's likely that they are nixtamalized (unless they taste sour :lol:). Storebought tortillas often have preservatives, unless you can find frozen ones. Tortillas are very easy to make yourself though, you only need to add water to the flour and it's ready to be cooked.

Ray Peat: "...the chinese and central and south americans many years ago, the chinese probably 3000 years ago, discovered that if you cook a grain in lye or lime, oxidized calcium compound or potassium hydroxide from ashes of vegetation, those caustic alkalis digest the grain, destroy the things that make it indigestable, turn the potentially toxic balance of amino acids that could create pellagra if you had a corn based diet for example, convert those into vitamins so that tortillas are very rich as a source of calcium and niacin and very easy to digest because the corn and the proteins are partially digested already. So nixtamalized corn, the kind used in hominy tamales and tortillas, is not like any of the other grain starches."

I have not seen any data about the sprouting. After sprouting the grain is a plant, so it should still have some anti-nutrients, but I think they would then be mostly eliminated with cooking.

actually they did say lime on them and they also said stone ground? if its stone ground is that likely nixtamalized? the tortillas had a much more slimy kind of texture, they werent a hardshell like tacos, but were soft but had a certain jelly like texture and feel.

does cooking meats and milk make them more digestible or is it the opposite or neutral effect? for example sushi vs cooked fish, raw liver vs cooked liver, pasteurized milk vs raw. has Peat talked about cooked vs raw meats as well as milk pasteurization. i know hes said milks pasteurized for 15 seconds so it shouldnt be an issue however the "low temperature vat pasteurized" milks are actually pasteurized at 145 degrees for 30 minutes...

boris

@Mr.Bollox Yes, Peat has talked about cooked vs raw meats. Cooked meat will have less nutrients. He said a good digestion will kill any bacteria on the raw meat, but he'd rather not bet on that so he cooks it. I don't know if he talked about taste in that context, but a fried steak also tastes much more amazing in my opinion ;) (helps the digestive juices to flow).

If you eat a piece of steak or a stir fry, in my experience it's important to cook the meat quickly on high heat. Frying it too slowly will make you lose the water soluble vitamins and maybe (?) some good amino acids. I found a quickly fried piece of meat will digest very well and lift my mood. A slowly fried one where you can see the water flow out of the meat in the process, will cause me stomach aches.

Even if milk is super pasteurized and loses a lot of the vitamins it will be nutritious, you'll still get the benefits of the carbs, protein, and calcium.

Dr. B

@Mr.Bollox Yes, Peat has talked about cooked vs raw meats. Cooked meat will have less nutrients. He said a good digestion will kill any bacteria on the raw meat, but he'd rather not bet on that so he cooks it. I don't know if he talked about taste in that context, but a fried steak also tastes much more amazing in my opinion ;) (helps the digestive juices to flow).

If you eat a piece of steak or a stir fry, in my experience it's important to cook the meat quickly on high heat. Frying it too slowly will make you lose the water soluble vitamins and maybe some good amino acids. I found a quickly fried piece of meat will digest very well and lift my mood. A slowly fried one where you can see the water flow out of the meat in the process, will cause me stomach aches.

Even if milk is super pasteurized and loses a lot of the vitamins it will be nutritious, you'll still get the benefits of the carbs, protein, and calcium.

some sites say freezing the meat also drains nutrients from it. so if you freeze and cook meat you lose even more. many of the sites claim pasteurized milk loses the lactase enzyme as well as a certain phosphatase enzyme and more.

bk_

why do you say communists are in league with anarchists? arent both on the opposite ends of the spectrum? from my understanding, the further left you go, the more you go towards communism, whereas the further right you go, the more you go towards anarchism. communism is absolute control by a government, whereas anarchy is a complete lack of control and lack of existence of a government. theyre fundamentally opposite. the issues present are differing issues as well. with anarchy you would have mob rule, with communism it would be a potentially evil government. personally I think for the average person a communist government would be safer to live in than anarchy. also Ray does seem to prefer Trump over Biden and from what ive seen on Dannys podcast it seems Ray leans libertarian. I think libertarians and anarchists get along more often than communists and anarchists. libertarians basically want to get as close to anarchy as you can while still having law and order and a few basic things like a military, courts, police.
regarding USSR I am not sure we really know the truth on these things given the unreliable info present out there whether its healthcare related, politics, history, etc. I think Ray mentioned some things regarding Hitler, Stalin, WW2 in his podcasts with Danny where he basically implied the mainstream story we have all been taught in history courses is far from the truth.
Yes I agree with you about anarchists being theoretically on the opposite end of the political spectrum. For some reason though the local anarchists I’ve come across have been communist or Marxist sympathizers and cooperate with them in their activist work. This would mean they aren’t true anarchists, but then again I haven’t met a true anarchist.

Also keep this in mind: anarchy is used as a political weapon by Marxists to roll out their authoritarian regimes. Has any anarchist system ever survived? The closest thing to anarchy is libertarianism that promoted liberty but kept basic government institutions such as the courts and a military.

If you look at the history of how Marxists regimes take power, they often unleash anarchy to bring terror and disorder to the population, such as during the Bolshevik Revolution when violent prisoners were let free and formed gangs that pillaged and raped the vulnerable. Yuri Bezmenov also illustrated this detail with various examples such as Nicaragua.

Even Noam Chomsky who likened himself to an “anarcho-syndicalist” turned out to be a gate keeping fraud when he started bashing Trump and siding with the Marxists:
Chomsky: We have maybe a decade or two to deal with the environmental crisis. Is there the remotest chance that within a decade or two we’ll overthrow capitalism? It’s not even a dream, okay? So the point that you’re raising is basically irrelevant. Of course let’s try to overthrow capitalism. It’s not going to happen like that. There’s a lot of work involved. Meanwhile we have an imminent question. Are we going to preserve the possibility for organized human society to survive? Are we going to preserve the possibility for us to overthrow capitalist institutions?

Dr. B

Yes I agree with you about anarchists being theoretically on the opposite end of the political spectrum. For some reason though the local anarchists I’ve come across have been communist or Marxist sympathizers and cooperate with them in their activist work. This would mean they aren’t true anarchists, but then again I haven’t met a true anarchist.

Also keep this in mind: anarchy is used as a political weapon by Marxists to roll out their authoritarian regimes. Has any anarchist system ever survived? The closest thing to anarchy is libertarianism that promoted liberty but kept basic government institutions such as the courts and a military.

If you look at the history of how Marxists regimes take power, they often unleash anarchy to bring terror and disorder to the population, such as during the Bolshevik Revolution when violent prisoners were let free and formed gangs that pillaged and raped the vulnerable. Yuri Bezmenov also illustrated this detail with various examples such as Nicaragua.

Even Noam Chomsky who likened himself to an “anarcho-syndicalist” turned out to be a gate keeping fraud when he started bashing Trump and siding with the Marxists:
doesnt Ray like Noam Chomsky a lot? i think it was a video interview of his cant remember if it was with Danny or someone else but Ray was asked about who he likes the most or agrees with the most and he mentioned Chomsky and I think one other name, maybe ralph nader. who did chomsky side with

Doc Sandoz

doesnt Ray like Noam Chomsky a lot? i think it was a video interview of his cant remember if it was with Danny or someone else but Ray was asked about who he likes the most or agrees with the most and he mentioned Chomsky and I think one other name, maybe ralph nader. who did chomsky side withray
Ray disagrees with Chomsky's "signature" theory of universal grammar. Listen at 57:20

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAr1NkoSUX8&t=3471s

Dr. B

Ray disagrees with Chomsky's "signature" theory of universal grammar. Listen at 57:20

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAr1NkoSUX8&t=3471s

I could have sworn I heard Ray approve of him, I think the question asked may have been something like who does Ray align the most with politically and Ray answered Noam Chomsky and I think ralph nader. i cant remmeber if it was a Roddy interview or a random other channel

Doc Sandoz

I could have sworn I heard Ray approve of him, I think the question asked may have been something like who does Ray align the most with politically and Ray answered Noam Chomsky and I think ralph nader. i cant remmeber if it was a Roddy interview or a random other channel
I have a hazy recall of Ray saying something along those lines as well, but cannot remember where. Definitely disagrees with Chomsky's language acquisition theory though,

Dr. B

I have a hazy recall of Ray saying something along those lines as well, but cannot remember where. Definitely disagrees with Chomsky's language acquisition theory though,
also it seems like Ray likes Trump or at least thinks he is less corrupt than Biden. He was saying Biden is appointing warmongerers to his cabinet as soon as being elected. Georgi also brought up half the country not wanting to be vaccinated and I think thats another reason Ray maybe identifies more on that side since there are so many Trump supporters who , like Ray dont trust the government, the vaccine, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom