Is It Possible For Gynecomastia Go Away IF You Got It After Puberty?

Hello I dont have gynecomastia but ive noticed that my nipples feel puffier and im scared that this could mean something more. I've delt with several other metabolic issues in the past 2 years that unfortunately havent one away. Now i want to experiment with sleeping earlier and getting 8hrs of sleep.

redsun

Hello I dont have gynecomastia but ive noticed that my nipples feel puffier and im scared that this could mean something more. I've delt with several other metabolic issues in the past 2 years that unfortunately havent one away. Now i want to experiment with sleeping earlier and getting 8hrs of sleep.

Pro-dopamine substances and/or dopamine cofactors will get rid of it.

OP
D
Pro-dopamine substances and/or dopamine cofactors will get rid of it.
Could the swelling go down if one was to boost his testosterone and lower his estrogen and aromatase activity? Via diet and lifestyle.

redsun

Could the swelling go down if one was to boost his testosterone and lower his estrogen and aromatase activity? Via diet and lifestyle.

Yes, proper diet and lifestyle is the key to keeping prolactin down sustainably. Promoting dopamine synthesis with plenty of folate, vitamin C, zinc, B6 in the diet will help.

If you have high body fat its important to lower it but diet should be on point first. High body fat promotes excess aromatase, demolishes insulin sensitivity and overall metabolism.

In short, lowish body fat (no need to be crazy low, 10-13%), good nutritious diet and lifestyle, control stress and get adequate sleep. Moderate exercise, you should do both aerobic exercise as well as resistance. Don't go crazy on it as excess stress worsens androgen levels.

Uselis

Yes, proper diet and lifestyle is the key to keeping prolactin down sustainably. Promoting dopamine synthesis with plenty of folate, vitamin C, zinc, B6 in the diet will help.

If you have high body fat its important to lower it but diet should be on point first. High body fat promotes excess aromatase, demolishes insulin sensitivity and overall metabolism.

In short, lowish body fat (no need to be crazy low, 10-13%), good nutritious diet and lifestyle, control stress and get adequate sleep. Moderate exercise, you should do both aerobic exercise as well as resistance. Don't go crazy on it as excess stress worsens androgen levels.

Don't you think 10 - 13% is a bit too low for most? I think I read Peat mentioned if muscle mass is kept it's something like 20%.

redsun

Don't you think 10 - 13% is a bit too low for most? I think I read Peat mentioned if muscle mass is kept it's something like 20%.

15% Id say is cut off. If you had a lot of muscle mass and 20% body fat you would look and be pretty bulky. Under 15% should be goal. Doesn't mean you have to obsessively diet down to get there, but that its a long term plan to get down.

Depends on the individual of course when we talk about if we want 15% or 10% body fat. Probably 10% is only for a select few who have a very easy time staying lean (naturally lean). I had periods of my life where I looked like and felt like a brick wall (strong, lots of muscle mass, but well padded with fat 20%+ BF) and it sucks did not enjoy it nor did I feel great healthwise.

Most every male should be able to maintain 12-15% body fat. For the sake of optimized insulin sensitivity and hormone balance I heavily disagree with the idea that 20% BF is good long term regardless of muscle mass.

Uselis

15% Id say is cut off. If you had a lot of muscle mass and 20% body fat you would look and be pretty bulky. Under 15% should be goal. Doesn't mean you have to obsessively diet down to get there, but that its a long term plan to get down.

Depends on the individual of course when we talk about if we want 15% or 10% body fat. Probably 10% is only for a select few who have a very easy time staying lean (naturally lean). I had periods of my life where I looked like and felt like a brick wall (strong, lots of muscle mass, but well padded with fat 20%+ BF) and it sucks did not enjoy it nor did I feel great healthwise.

Most every male should be able to maintain 12-15% body fat. For the sake of optimized insulin sensitivity and hormone balance I heavily disagree with the idea that 20% BF is good long term regardless of muscle mass.

If you don't mind me asking in what ways it "sucked"?

I found even if one has physical job supplemental weight lifting still required to get lower body fat physique. Personally weights contracts my nervous system so that everything from bowel movements to a want to socialize diminish.

Maybe occassional sprinting would lower fat even more without strain that lifting gives?

For the record I felt more vital bellow 15% as well.

redsun

If you don't mind me asking in what ways it "sucked"?

I found even if one has physical job supplemental weight lifting still required to get lower body fat physique. Personally weights contracts my nervous system so that everything from bowel movements to a want to socialize diminish.

Maybe occassional sprinting would lower fat even more without strain that lifting gives?

For the record I felt more vital bellow 15% as well.

I did not tolerate carbs well at all. Insulin resistance at high BF is no joke.

I did not feel comfortable in my own skin and this is not even considering the vanity aspect. I quite literally just did not feel comfortable with such a padding of fat over me it doesn't feel good to me and I highly doubt anyone enjoys the feeling. Compared to when your skin is tight to the body because your fat stores are normal it feels good.

More pains and random aches like Im a dam old man. Extra weight means extra stress on the muscles/ligaments/tendons.

Felt more soft (mentally) and lazy and life overall felt more dull. I blame low androgens from high BF on this one.

This is non-vanity reasons, plenty of vanity reasons as well.

I agree that it is necessary to have at least a reasonable amount of muscle mass, without which it is much harder to get down to low BF. Sprinting is pretty stressful on the CNS as well, but it depends you have to experiment. If you do a lot exercise already plus your job is physically demanding you have to be more mindful of additional exercise you add as to not tip over and get problems.

Hans

Forum Supporter
If someone is not <12% then the little extra fat in the lower chest can make it seem like poofy nipples. If you drop fat to 8-10%, then you shouldn't have issues anymore. Alternatively to fat loss, if you keep estrogen and cortisol low and DHT high, your skin might be tighter and you'll have less of a poofy nipple look.

redsun

@redsun Do you remember your diet to cut the BF? You mentioned you didn't tolerate carbs.

Hmm well I should have used a bit better wording. When I meant I didn't tolerate, I meant when I eat them I didn't feel energized (as you should), I would get the carb blood sugar swings easily. I still ate carbs because I needed them to go the gym but its like I needed more carbs to do less work. I would more easily get hypoglycemic symptoms which signals terrible blood sugar control even if I ate a lot of carbs.

As weight went down carbs felt more energizing instead of me flipping a coin on whether I would get blood sugar swings or have good energy.

My diet on a cut did have a decent amount of carbs actually. You should especially have carbs in a cut. Diet foods were lean proteins and carbs in the form of starches/fruit, and soda(helps me stay on diet to have sometime). Basically fats were low unless I had salmon (it does have a decent amount of fat) Coffee helped get through a good chunk of the day.

Much easier to eat calorie deficit with fat minimized leaving room for carbs. Just the act of reducing fats intake can improve blood sugar control but for really good insulin sensitivity, assuming everything else is good, you need to lower body fat if it is high.

OP
D
If someone is not <12% then the little extra fat in the lower chest can make it seem like poofy nipples. If you drop fat to 8-10%, then you shouldn't have issues anymore. Alternatively to fat loss, if you keep estrogen and cortisol low and DHT high, your skin might be tighter and you'll have less of a poofy nipple look.

I think my issue stems from higher prolactin and aromatase/estrogen and serotonin levels. Because I've been dealing with other metabolic issues aswell.

Zigzag

Do you have it diagnosed? Is it glandular gyno or just fat? Highly doubt anything can reduce the gland if it's already developed.

b555

I have gyno and im considering getting surgery. Nothing helped it.

OP
D
Do you have it diagnosed? Is it glandular gyno or just fat? Highly doubt anything can reduce the gland if it's already developed.
No I dont have any gland tissue but I saw my nipps puffing up after I woke up with a wet dream.

Sospian

I will be reversing gynecomastia in the upcoming weeks through letrozole if anyone is interested. I know it works because I've done it before, but I had a rebound that made it worse.

Now I actually know what I'm doing

meatbag

I personally haven't been able to get rid of mine. I felt like 11-keto dht helped some but came back when I stopped using it

I spent a long period of time at very low bodyfat, made no difference. Actually just made it more apparent tbh

Have you ever gotten blood work?

OP
D
I personally haven't been able to get rid of mine. I felt like 11-keto dht helped some but came back when I stopped using it

I spent a long period of time at very low bodyfat, made no difference. Actually just made it more apparent tbh

Have you ever gotten blood work?
No I havent got blood work done recently. Also I dont have gyno what I noticed was my nipples swelling up a little one night after I woke up with a nocturnal emmision. My guess it that that raised my prolactin levels. Also as weird as this is gonna sound I used to play with my nipples constantly to gain arousal. Which works but yeah its weird. I think that over stimulated it a bit much ha.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals