Surviving Multiple Health Issues In Brazil

Im starting this log here to finally tell the story about fighting against of strange, unknown, undetectable disease which symptoms fits so many disorders and yet there is no diagnosis since 2002. Will post here the list of symptoms later. My approach is a mix of ideas of many systems I went through last 17 years including 2 years of reading this forum daily. Im not really good in explaining myself by writing. Short term and long term memory issues makes it complicated to explain. I have so much to tell I cant keep it in, this fight has already driven me crazy. Sorry if its confusing or unstructured. I hope my experience will be helpful.

Im not a native English speaker as you already have noticed. Sorry if my grammar bothers anyone.

Doxycycline/Nystatine/Ketotifen/Low fiber/Low fat/

Im going to start an experiment. Need some opinions and advises. I have some long term issues, honestly lots of them. In this experiment I would like to solve my chronic insomnia and chronic pancreatitis. Also I hope it could help lifting an extreme brain fog and regain short-term memory as for now it is virtually non existing. Now I would like to focus on insomnia, as we all know that good sleep is a priority.

Ketotifen.

I have chronic pancreatitis since my childhood. As far as I remember I was only 5 when it started. Last time I had ultrasonography in 2009 I believe. The doctor asked if I am a heavy drinker as my pancreas was that bad. Im not. That time I had may be two drinking sessions per year. I've never been a fan of booze. I have some degree of pain almost every day. I believe my pancreas is the weakest link. And one of the causative part in my bunch of symptoms. There are lots of studies about role of pancreatitis in glucose metabolism disorders. Ketotifen is promising according to the study from this tread.

Ketotifen Can Reverse Pancreatic Damage And Improve Digestion

I wish I can afford ultrasound now to post here before and after result.
Im going to dose 1mg before bed. The bottle of ketotifen syrop I have will last 24 days in this dosing regime I believe it is enough to see improvements.

14 BRL = 3.70 USD. OTC. 0.2mg/ml

Nystatine.

2 weeks. 3x 500.000 units per day.
Im not sure if Candida overgrowth even exist, sometimes It looks like a cult and supps pushing. Anyway suspecting Candida long time because candida's symptoms list fits in my condition. I went trough multiple courses of antibiotics in my life. I think 15-20 times. Including two long time courses of josamycin, not very famous macrolide. Ciprofloxacin two times. Once it was really hardcore one 1.5 grams per day, damn I dont remember now 3 or 5 days. I believe my suspicion is reasonable. BTW I suspect ciprofloxacin to be the cause of my insomnia as it speculated to be disruptive to GABA system.
I hope to exclude the Candida from my investigation forever. Anyway nystatine will protect me during doxycycline treatment.

OTC. 9 BRL = 2.40USD each bottle. I gonna need 5 of them. Ive bought 4, will get 1 more tomorrow. 45BRL = 12USD

Doxycycline

Doxycycline 100mg x 2 daily. 2 weeks. Local Brazilian generic 2 boxes 15 tablets 100mg each. Luckily without prescription, some drugstores still sell without a prescription. 11 BRL= 3.0USD each box.

What I expect from doxy:

1. Heavy metals and iron chelation. Unfortunately I could not afford iron panel, I would really like to have the panel, but I have to follow my feelings. I will try my best to have the panel as soon as I can before finishing the experiment and after.

2. Sinusitis in my right nostril. I got it after being bitten be a thick in a mountain area. Two weeks of reoccurring fever, multiple infections of skin, blepharitis and sinusitis as a result of immuno-suppression. Well, actually Im not sure if its the bite, I was experimenting with olive leaves, high dose, in that moment. Two weeks I refused to take antibiotics as I was still scared use antibiotics even that I already started to study this forum. I came to conclusion that the fever comes back every time I supplement olive leaves. And as soon as I stopped olive leafs fever, skin infections and blephalitis were gone. The sinusitis only is still staying with me. So it was olive leaves or the thick bite or them together. I cant afford and appointment with otolaryngologist, so Im on my own.

To be continued, will post the rest tomorrow.

Last edited:

Pompadour

How are you doing, @methylenewhite ? What do you take now, besides Ketotifen 200 mg ? Still doing high doses aspirin? ( you wrote elsewhere, that it was 2-6g daily) You write about low fat - how low do you go? I take about 15g of fat daily ...i tried to go lower, but my skin started to crack. So i take about 3 tea spoons of coconut oil daily. Kind of a PUFa depletion :)

OP
methylenewhite
How are you doing, @methylenewhite ? What do you take now, besides Ketotifen 200 mg ? Still doing high doses aspirin? ( you wrote elsewhere, that it was 2-6g daily) You write about low fat - how low do you go? I take about 15g of fat daily ...i tried to go lower, but my skin started to crack. So i take about 3 tea spoons of coconut oil daily. Kind of a PUFa depletion :)
I'm up and down. Still doing ketotifen 200 mcg. I found this dose to be a sweet spot. Not that strong side effects, like depressive mood and great results for pancreatitis. I tried to stop taking and pancreatitis came back.

sunraiser

Both garlic and raw coconut oil work for 'candida' - who knows if it's actually candida itself but anti biotics and immune system destroyers like accutane can certainly cause some kind of fungal issue.

I've had early waking issues for a long time and the only effective things have been raw garlic and raw coconut oil - I do not recommend antibiotics. I also don't recommended trying to 'blitz' anything via high dose.

Try a teaspoon or two of raw (virgin) coconut oil each day, if it starts to make your stomach feel funny or gives you a headache or other 'immune' type symptoms you'll know it's something fungal.

I think the liquid nature of coconut oil makes it more effective than garlic, but also its fat properties.

Whole grains can also help - I enjoy rye bread most days and occasionally whole grain pasta.

Since I've started taking 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil 3 or 4 times a day I've had acutely different food cravings, which is interesting. I crave less meat and more wholegrains, and I also eat less with longer between meals, yet I sleep better.

If I go too high I get severe die off (a bit like flu). Also I live in cold UK so my coconut oil is solid - i let it melt in my mouth and swill it around a little because it feels good. It means my half teaspoon measure is likely very inaccurate.

It has given me more energy to exercise - moderate 20 minutes of cardio circuits seem to really help liver capacity to deal with die off.

I'm certain my issues have always been calcium metabolism (taurine 'uses' calcium and causes me extreme weakness, yet fat solubles have only ever made me feel worse in the medium term.

Coconut oil will only work if it's raw! I also naturally stopped eating chocolate partly because of being busy but partly because of far less craving since coconut oil - I feel better for it, I think.

I feel it's best to only use raw garlic with food and only when it's appealing. It's a bit too powerful and harsh on the stomach. I like it on top of wholegrain I pasta with tomato or pesto. Cayenne pepper can have a similar anti fungal effect with food, if you like it.

I have always loved and craved very spicy foods; I wonder if it isn't a coincidence. I was put on months long antibiotics courses as a teenager for spots!

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals