Is 'Generation Z' The Most Conservative Since WW2?

DaveFoster

WOAH! That's a big call Dave. From what I can see (online from the "safety" of New Zealand) it appears theres 100 times as many leftist radicals as there are any potential white nationalists. But I guess if you subscribe to the media/leftist social media brigades assertions that anyone who doesn't agree with their agenda 100% is a NAZI then you could make that claim
You're absolutely right Glitch, but I think where there is currently a large amount of leftists (predominantly on college campuses and of college age up to their mid-forties), there will be a counter-culture developing of young, working nationalists, and as college culture dies, there will be a shift to a more pronounced conservative movement, but it will by no means be the majority, especially after the passing of the boomer generation.

Maybe the libertarian groups will gain steam, but there will no doubt be a boiling point to the current rioting (as seen with UC Berkeley recently). The distinction will be between efficacy, and I think you'll see a lot of activity from a small partition of conservative participants.

thomas00

Conservatives have lost almost every argument for decades- religion vs the individual, environmental protection, welfare, workers rights, abortion, gay rights, universal health care vs privatised, trickle down economics, corporate governance, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan.

Anybody who thinks young people are going to suddenly about-face on all of those issues is projecting their own learning disability.

Last edited:

Ahanu

I think social issues such as gay marriage and transgender rights are just wedge issues used to divide us.
Why let it divide us! what is the problem with gay marriage? It does not hurt anyone

thomas00

Totally against gay marriage.....

Hookups, sex with whoever, partying....they're living the life many straight men wish they had. I don't want to participate in ruining it for them.

thomas00

A referendum for gay people only would be more fair than having it decided for them by cosmopolitan liberals and the wedding industrial complex

It doesn't seem like they want it

Describing itself as one of the “largest surveys of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex (GLBTI) people ever conducted” the report titled Private Lives: A report on the health and wellbeing of GLBTI Australians concludes that marriage recognition is a very minor issue. The report states “Only a small percentage of men and women (between 5-10%) reported formalising the relationship with a marriage or commitment ceremony, while most others had no wish to do so”

When discussing relationship status the report also notes, “It is of interest that the majority of respondents between (52% of men and 39% of women) indicated no intention or wish to formalise their current relationship”.

A second national survey, titled Monopoly: A Study of Gay Men’s Relationships and involving 4,215 gay and bisexual online respondents plus face-to-face interviews, reports a similar conclusion in relation to gay men. Under the heading ‘Marriage & Other Ceremonies’ the survey states, “only a minority of men indicated they would like to marry their primary regular partner”. In relation to men with multiple partners, as might be expected, the percentage answering ‘yes’ to the question ‘Would you marry partner’ sits at 11%.

Do Gays Really Want Gay Marriage?

Last edited:
OP
x-ray peat

x-ray peat

Why let it divide us! what is the problem with gay marriage? It does not hurt anyone
I agree but not everyone does. That's why its a wedge issue. Once this has done its work they will just come up with another one.

OP
x-ray peat

x-ray peat

Totally against gay marriage.....

Hookups, sex with whoever, partying....they're living the life many straight men wish they had. I don't want to participate in ruining it for them.
sounds like you do want to participate.. :)

Last edited:

fradon

no they are like a slowly turning millenial...maybe gen Alpha will be more conservative.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals