BREAKING: Seminal study, core of the amyloid-Alzheimer theory, was FABRICATED!

OliviaD

It rarely gets any more damning for a scientific field than what was just announced today. Namely, the study considered the most important/influential in maintaining scientific support for the central dogma of dementia research - the beta-amyloid hypothesis of Alzheimer Disease (AD) - was not just wrong, but directly and deliberately FABRICATED in order to "better fit a hypothesis". Here is the **cough** FRAUDULENT**cough**...I mean, "seminal", study in question.
A specific amyloid-beta protein assembly in the brain impairs memory - PubMed

Now, against that news please consider also the article below, which states that virtually ALL research on AD over the last 2 decades failed to produce any significant advance in understanding or a treatment for that disease.

Since most of those clinical trials were based on the "amyloid hypothesis", which we now know to be fraudulent, it is hard to see why the outcome of those trials would have been any different. In fact, the failure of all those trials is actually kind of amazing, as it suggests the trials themselves were/are still conducted with some form of scientific integrity. Otherwise, fabrications like the one described below would have occurred in at least one those trials considering the billions in costs for each one them and thus the incentive to cheat and get a drug (fraudulently) approved. Another amazing thing is that, as it has become usual, instead of doing a mea culpa and prosecuting the fraud to the fullest legal extent possible (given the massive poisoning effects the fraud had on science, as well as the direct harm to MILLIONS of innocent patients) the pharma industry and its medical supporters are trying to defend the amyloid link and continue to gaslight the public. I think that is probably the most depressing part of the article below - i.e. despite the obvious/open FRAUD it will still be "business as usual" - i.e. the industry will continue to both waste money on a fraudulent idea as well as harm innocent patients. So don't expect true AD cures or even so-called disease-modifying therapies to come out of Big Pharma any time soon. Now, for many people who do not really follow pharma/medical news, it would probably be reasonable to just brush this aside as a serious but rare instance of scientific fraud that does not undermine the health system as a whole. However, another one of my posts a few years ago demonstrated that similar direct fraud has also happened in other high-impact scientific areas (e.g. ionizing radiation risks, serotonin-depression link, estrogen-cancer link, etc), with the explicit goal of helping business/sales and with the knowledge and participation of the highest echelon of government, science and pubic health brass. Here is the one about ionizing radiation fraud, a crime of truly global impact/proportions, affecting several generations of billions of people around the world.

If our "health" experts can openly and unabashedly lie about matters of global health and scientific importance, fabricate scientific "evidence", while relentlessly gaslighting the public whenever exposed, then how much confidence can one really have in regards to public health, scientific or even government/political matters?? I guess not much, and while many people will find that thought depressing I'd say that such news/realization may be a blessing in disguise. Why? Well, it may do more for pushing people away from the health industry and Big Pharma than all the COVID-19 scams over the last 2+ years combined. This way, we can at least drastically lower the third leading cause of death - i.e. the iatrogenic one.

@Drareg @Regina @Rinse & rePeat @charlie @tankasnowgod @area51puy @burtlancast @aguilaroja @ecstatichamster

Science | AAAS
Seminal Alzheimer's study may have been manipulated

"...The data behind the most influential theory of what causes Alzheimer's disease may have been 'manipulated', a damning scientific probe has claimed. Experts fear the allegedly falsified results have misled research over the last 16 years, potentially wasting billions of pounds of funding. A six-month investigation by Science, considered one of the world's most respected research journals, uncovered 'shockingly blatant' tampering of results in the seminal 2006 University of Minnesota study."

"...The paper pointed to a particular protein — known as amyloid beta — as the driving force behind Alzheimer's. It was the first substance in brain tissue ever identified that seemed to be behind the condition's memory-robbing effects. Published in rival journal Nature, the study became one of the most cited articles on Alzheimer's ever published. Around £1.3billion ($1.6billion) of funding for studies mentioning amyloids was spent by the US Government over the last year alone. It made up half of the country's total Alzheimer's research funding. But images from the study, which involved injecting mice with the protein, appear to be doctored to 'better fit a hypothesis', according to Dr Elisabeth Bik, a forensic image consultant who was asked to review the data. Charities today slammed the 'extremely serious' allegations."

"...Dr Matthew Schrag, a neuroscientist at Vanderbilty University in Tennessee, was the first to uncover problems with the Nature study. He noticed anomalies in the original images, published by Dr Sylvain Lesné and his team, during another probe into an experimental Alzheimer's drug. They had 'the potential to mislead an entire field of research', Dr Schrag told the US National Institutes of Health (NIH). Science, the publication of the AAAS — American Association for the Advancement of Science, conducted its own investigation to the research, finding 'strong support for Dr Schrag's suspicions'. Ms Bik told the journal: 'The obtained experimental results might not have been the desired results. 'That data might have been changed to... better fit a hypothesis.' German psychiatrist Aloiz Alzheimer first identified plaques in the brain in dementia patients in 1906. A study in the 1980s then suggested amyloid beta was behind the build-up. But hundreds of trials over the next 20 years, designed to finally find a therapy that targets the toxic accumulation of proteins in the brain, were unsuccessful. The theory had lost momentum until the landmark University of Minnesota paper in 2006, which became the basis of hundreds of studies since. Reviewing the pictures used to prove amyloid beta's effect on mice in the study, Dr Dennis Selkoe, a Harvard University neurologist, claimed 'there are certainly at least 12 or 15 images where I would agree there is no other explanation' than manipulation. Dr Sara Imarisio, head of research at Alzheimer's Research UK, said: 'These allegations are extremely serious. 'While we haven't seen all of the published findings that have been called into question, any allegation of scientific misconduct needs to be investigated and dealt with where appropriate. 'Researchers need to be able to have confidence in the findings of their peers, so they can continue to make progress for people affected by diseases like dementia.' She described the amyloid protein as being 'at the centre of the most influential theory of how Alzheimer's disease develops in the brain'."
Fabricated research.. shocking! (/S)

tankasnowgod

If our "health" experts can openly and unabashedly lie about matters of global health and scientific importance, fabricate scientific "evidence", while relentlessly gaslighting the public whenever exposed, then how much confidence can one really have in regards to public health, scientific or even government/political matters?? I guess not much, and while many people will find that thought depressing I'd say that such news/realization may be a blessing in disguise. Why? Well, it may do more for pushing people away from the health industry and Big Pharma than all the COVID-19 scams over the last 2+ years combined. This way, we can at least drastically lower the third leading cause of death - i.e. the iatrogenic one.

I seems like a lot of potential "bombshell" news stories about the Medical Cartel have been overshadowed by "Covid" over the past two years. I remember you posting the study from UC Riverside that concluded that Soybean Oil was unfit for human consumption back in early 2020. Massive, since it's the most widely used oil, and far and away the most heavily subsidized crop.

There were also some of the studies you did with rats and cancer, with the DHT treatment one being of particular interest. Small, as you said, but also with the potential to rock an entire industry, if you got published in any journal. And also Alexandria Elbakyan's lawsuit with Sci Hub in India.

Now, we have an absolute "bombshell" story, seeming to gain even some traction among the "normies." I saw mention of this on a Gab account the other day. If part of the Covid strategy was to cover up some of these "leaks" coming out about various topics, I think that time is coming to an end, and the scale of it has probably woken up a lot of people to these things, even if it's only something like 1-5% of the population.

Dr. B

I seems like a lot of potential "bombshell" news stories about the Medical Cartel have been overshadowed by "Covid" over the past two years. I remember you posting the study from UC Riverside that concluded that Soybean Oil was unfit for human consumption back in early 2020. Massive, since it's the most widely used oil, and far and away the most heavily subsidized crop.

There were also some of the studies you did with rats and cancer, with the DHT treatment one being of particular interest. Small, as you said, but also with the potential to rock an entire industry, if you got published in any journal. And also Alexandria Elbakyan's lawsuit with Sci Hub in India.

Now, we have an absolute "bombshell" story, seeming to gain even some traction among the "normies." I saw mention of this on a Gab account the other day. If part of the Covid strategy was to cover up some of these "leaks" coming out about various topics, I think that time is coming to an end, and the scale of it has probably woken up a lot of people to these things, even if it's only something like 1-5% of the population.
but they might be in the process of developing and marketing a new alzheimers drug and claiming all vaccine recipients need the new alzheimers drug for life. it would be crazy income for them. it might be why this is getting popularized.

I thought of this thread reading this this morning….

“Because cholinergic nerves have been opposed to the sympathetic, adrenergic, nerves, there has been a tendency to neglect their nerve exciting roles, when looking at causes of excitotoxicity, or the stress-induced loss of brain cells. Excessive cholinergic stimulation, however, can contribute to excitotoxic cell death, for example when it's combined with high cortisol and/or hypoglycemia.

Drugs that block the stimulating effects of acetylcholine (the anticholinergics) as well as chemicals that mimic the effects of acetylcholine, such as the organophosphate insecticides, can impair the ability to think and learn. This suggested to some people that age-related dementia was the result of the deterioration of the cholinergic nerves in the brain. Drugs to increase the stimulating effects of acetylcholine in the brain (by inactivating cholinesterase) were promoted as treatment for Alzheimer's disease.
Although herbal inhibitors were well known, profitable new drugs, starting with Tacrine, were put into use. It was soon evident that Tacrine was causing serious liver damage, but wasn't slowing the rate of mental deterioration. -Ray Peat

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Lol, I agree. Except, instead of "we need to go back to school" I would have said "shut down Big Pharma, who are the main drivers of all these failures". No amount of re-schooling will produce results if the core theories of health have been completely compromised and controlled (to this day) by Big Pharma and their ilk in the govt regulatory agencies.

Dr. B

I thought of this thread reading this this morning….

“Because cholinergic nerves have been opposed to the sympathetic, adrenergic, nerves, there has been a tendency to neglect their nerve exciting roles, when looking at causes of excitotoxicity, or the stress-induced loss of brain cells. Excessive cholinergic stimulation, however, can contribute to excitotoxic cell death, for example when it's combined with high cortisol and/or hypoglycemia.

Drugs that block the stimulating effects of acetylcholine (the anticholinergics) as well as chemicals that mimic the effects of acetylcholine, such as the organophosphate insecticides, can impair the ability to think and learn. This suggested to some people that age-related dementia was the result of the deterioration of the cholinergic nerves in the brain. Drugs to increase the stimulating effects of acetylcholine in the brain (by inactivating cholinesterase) were promoted as treatment for Alzheimer's disease.
Although herbal inhibitors were well known, profitable new drugs, starting with Tacrine, were put into use. It was soon evident that Tacrine was causing serious liver damage, but wasn't slowing the rate of mental deterioration. -Ray Peat

so both anti acetylcholine drugs, and pro acetylcholine drugs cause impairment of thinking and learning?
if pro acetylcholine drugs cause liver damage does that mean choline supplements like choline bitartrate, alpha GPC and citicholine also cause liver damage?
of course choline in eggs/milk is different than the supplements

Soren

Forum Supporter
Joe Rogan discussing this exposing of the fraud on his podcast. Very pleased to see it start to make the main stream.

Soren

Forum Supporter
It was in the journal of Nature where the fraud was perpetuated? Isnt that journal the gold standard?
I don't think there is a single mainstream medical journal "gold standard" or otherwise that has not at some point published a seriously questionable (possibly fraudulent) study or paper.

ThinPicking

They're still at it, the front page of BBC News in the UK this morning. A gushing "story" about another monoclonal antibody to illicit an autoimmune response to amyloid.

_20221130_110918.JPG

ThinPicking

That's the one, "lecanemab". At least they're highlighting its gross side effects. Though I'm suspicious of the intent in doing that. We may just be entering a time where pharma makes more effort to hedge against the downsides of its poisons. While continuing with its fear based compliance techniques, under the guise of early or preventative treatment.

Weighting them in a statistical frame is counter to reality. For anyone who might experience "brain swelling" or "bleeding in the brain"

Last edited:
Z

Zsazsa

That's the one, "lecanemab". At least they're highlighting its gross side effects. Though I'm suspicious of the intent in doing that. We may just be entering a time where pharma makes more effort to hedge against the downsides of its poisons. While continuing with its fear based compliance techniques, under the guise of early or preventative treatment.

Weighting them in a statistical frame is counter to reality. For anyone who might experience "brain swelling" or "bleeding in the brain"
In terms of informed consent, I suppose they will make a lot of more money with this drug, because people are willing to take anything lately, no matter the declared or undeclared side effects...

Z

Zsazsa

Well well well

For example, people with prodromal Alzheimer’s disease who had inadequate B vitamin status showed slowing of brain shrinkage and of cognitive decline when treated with high-dose B vitamins in an Oxford trial. A recent report found that members of the UK Biobank cohort who had diabetes (a risk factor for dementia) had less risk of developing dementia if they adopted healthy lifestyles. If a fraction of the amount spent by drug companies on Alzheimer treatment trials were to be spent on randomised trials of multidomain lifestyle interventions, there is every hope that much future Alzheimer’s disease could be prevented.
Prof A David Smith
Gothenburg, Sweden

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals