chispas

[QUOTE="I remember a talk I attended awhile ago and the fellow talked about the connectiveness of sites, time, songlines and lines of the country is weaved in language, dreams, art, stars, song etc. like an organized matrix of networks of algebraic complexity, a sort of multi-layered system which resembles the neurological patterning of the brain.[/QUOTE]

This is really cool. Have you seen this new film called Arrival? It's about how language has the potential to change the human race. Your comment reminded me of the film because there is a mathematician in it who is disturbed when algebra fails to bridge the communication problem at the centre of the film.

We forget that mathematics is a cultural construction. Maths measures Nature, but Nature is outside of maths.

chispas

[QUOTE="A sort of multi-layered system which resembles the neurological patterning of the brain."[/QUOTE]

I also think we give too much credence to all these various "pattern theories" which contemporary science seems to relish and celebrate.

Part of what is fascinating for me about Ray Peat and also these Indigenous cultures that we speak of, is that they are dealing with far more raw substances, such as the "vitality" of the metabolism, and its relationship with the environment.

Patterns and matrices are conveniences that mediate our viewpoints, and not always for the better, as Ray has repeatedly shown. We live in a world now where contributing to the persuasiveness of a preexisting matrix is regarded as a contribution to knowledge.

This is far removed from the task of interpreting the real world directly from one's experience.

moss

This is really cool. Have you seen this new film called Arrival? It's about how language has the potential to change the human race. Your comment reminded me of the film because there is a mathematician in it who is disturbed when algebra fails to bridge the communication problem at the centre of the film.

We forget that mathematics is a cultural construction. Maths measures Nature, but Nature is outside of maths.

No I haven't heard of it thanks chispas will make sure I do see it. I find all of this so fascinating and yes mathematics and patterning inspire's artists, architects, musicians...... Frank Lloyd Wright is someone who comes to mind drawing much inspiration and ideas from nature.

moss

Like everything has to be decoded, lets kill the b....... first, then ask questions later...
I saw Arrival a couple of weeks ago, thanks for the heads up. Interesting film. The Aliens hovering barely above the land looked like giant sliver Big Bananna's from Coffs Harbour having a bunch of fun on us humans was quite striking. Cinematically pleasing, despite that fact of spending 45 million on a film I am always amazed how dialouge/sound can almost seem like an afterthought, needless to say I missed some dialgoue and needed some algebra to decode myself!

Yes, a bit like a photograph of a sunset or a nature shot and someone comes along looks at the photo and says that looks just like the real thing.

I also think we give too much credence to all these various "pattern theories" which contemporary science seems to relish and celebrate.
I was meandering above about patterns in nature and yes I agree.

ilikecats

@haidut This is an excerpt from on The Back of a Tiger featuring an interview with Denis Noble. I think this is so great because he's not actually making any claims outside of what mainstream science has accepted to be true... it seems people just haven't realized the implications of the acceptance of epigenetics.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut This is an excerpt from on The Back of a Tiger featuring an interview with Denis Noble. I think this is so great because he's not actually making any claims outside of what mainstream science has accepted to be true... it seems people just haven't realized the implications of the acceptance of epigenetics.

Nice! I can't wait for the movie to be released. Does anybody have a timetable? @charlie or @Dan Wich ?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Nice! I can't wait for the movie to be released. Does anybody have a timetable? @charlie or @Dan Wich ?
3 years ago? :ss2

Hopefully soon. But I have a feeling it will come out exactly when it is supposed to. :D