Hyperthyroid During Luteal Phase

nikkmm

Following Ray's work has allowed me to regain my health and particularly my menstrual cycles again after a long history of amenorrhea and PCOS. I am still dealing with some hair loss and hirsutism but I think they will be healed in time.

Thyroid and progesterone supplementation have been key to my recovery. I am currently using 1/3 cynoplus split throughout the day. However, now that I am cycling fairly regularly again, I am experiencing hyperthyroidism in my luteal phase, confirmed by blood tests (TSH next to 0, Free T3 and T4 at upper limits) but easily recognizable by heart rate, insomnia and body temps. Way beyond being comfortable and seriously affecting quality of life. The problem is, if I don't supplement thyroid then I go hypo during follicular phase, also confirmed by blood tests - although they show "normal" but TSH gets close to 2 and free T3 and T4 are in lower end of range. I feel like crap, HR and temps are super low.

I stopped progesterone for now. When I add progesterone during my luteal phase the hyper symptoms obviously increase.

Have any other women noticed this? Is it strange to consider cycling thyroid and only using it during follicular phase?? Or perhaps I should drop thyroid, and just do a course of daily progesterone for a few months to kick the estrogen and maybe thyroid won't be needed because the progesterone clearly keeps it high?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals