Bioidentical Progesterone causing symptoms, please help

LizRey86

Hello all, I am 35 y/o woman with estrogen dominance for what I am now aware has been my whole life. But the last two years has been severe bloating, weight gain, breast soreness, and severe insomnia, especially during the luteal phase. I have tried progesterone creams and the oral liquid. Ive tried small doses at 3 mg a day and up to 200 mg a day for 2 months. I always get the same symptoms, diarrhea, heartburn, irritability, weight gain, lots of pain and inflammation, anger. But it does seem to help me sleep. I have ovarian cysts and had my estrogen/progesterone ratio tested 3 months ago, it was at 36, where as 100-500 is the proper ratio. I have recently started eating Peat style over the past couple of weeks but want to get progesterone increased more quickly because of how much it helped me sleep. Anybody have similar symptoms from progesterone supplementation? And did it resolve over time?

L_C

I'm somewhat in a similar boat as you. I have been also estrogen dominant despite not taking any birth control.

It will take a while to detox from estrogen. I have been using progesterone on/off for about two years and still can't come out of the estrogen dominance.

From my experience there are many factors that can contribute to it. One being stress. Somehow stress elevates my prolactin/estrogen. Then, any gut issues. Another one is suppressed parathyroid. Aluminum poisoning disrupts PTH which means your calcium will be unregulated. And that means your prolactin might get elevated to balance out the calcium levels.

One thing that does help are large doses of aspirin to calm things down. The other thing are large doses of progesterone for longer periods of time. Eating peaty, obviously.

Would be nice to figure out how to come out of the estrogen dominance for good.

LoryEl

I am in the same situation. I tried progesterone many times. Never felt great on it. Most times exacerbated my estrogen dominance. I can not take aspirin as i am anemic. Have you tried anything else in the meantime?

:M :B.

Saw this in the Email Exchange Thread the other day.
Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 12.12.12 AM.png

OP
L

LizRey86

I started taking cbd with the delta 8 evryday and my progesterone levels are slowly rising with no side effects, it’s actually improving my sleep after 3 years of severe insomnia.
I am in the same situation. I tried progesterone many times. Never felt great on it. Most times exacerbated my estrogen dominance. I can not take aspirin as i am anemic. Have you tried anything else in the meantime

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals