How to make Methylene Blue Solution?

Progesterone

How to make Methylene Blue Solution?

Specifically, if I have a 1 oz bottle (30ml), and I want to make a solution of 0.63%, wherein each drop is 400mcg or 0.4 mg of Methylene Blue.

How much MB do I need to add to this?

Do I just use 30ml of distilled water?
Do I use any alcohol (if so, what kind)?
Anything else to add?

purple pill

0.189 grams of methylene blue in 30ml of distilled water i believe. Hope you have precision scales :darts:

OP
P

Progesterone

0.189 grams of methylene blue in 30ml of distilled water i believe. Hope you have precision scales :darts:

Thank you!

I am actually debating if I want to buy the powder or just keep buying premixed.

There is a company in Colorado that look interesting, called suppvana, they sell USP grade MB solution in different dosages.

OP
P

Progesterone

Okay, UPDATE:

I ordered the power from Amazon (CZTL).

5grams of powder is way cheaper. I'll make a solution myself.

OP
P

Progesterone

After further research, a lower dosage is preferable.

Planning to make a 80mcg per drop dosage now.

Thus, based on your calculations, I've divided that number by 4, to get 0.04725grams or 47mg approx, to achieve 100mcg per drop in a 30ml liquid solution.

Does this sound right?

Bonus points if you can tell me what dosage of MB in 30ml water would give me 80mcg per drop, I can't quite put my finger on it because I don't understand the math tbh.

FYI: Planning on 80mcg per drop due to this amazing review. Must read:
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/61twuc/my_experience_using_methylene_blue/

purple pill

Math brain aint working too well this morning so hopefully this is right.... if you make a 0.2% solution adding 0.06 grams to 30ml of water it should give you 100mcg per drop. Hope thats close enough? Lol. Wouldnt worry too much about being over, i was taking 15mg doses at one point without ill effect. I need to get myself some powder too, ive only ever used the stuff they sell for fish tanks, not sure i trust the quality lol

OP
P

Progesterone

Math brain aint working too well this morning so hopefully this is right.... if you make a 0.2% solution adding 0.06 grams to 30ml of water it should give you 100mcg per drop. Hope thats close enough? Lol. Wouldnt worry too much about being over, i was taking 15mg doses at one point without ill effect. I need to get myself some powder too, ive only ever used the stuff they sell for fish tanks, not sure i trust the quality lol

Thank you!

You should definitely grab the USP stuff... though yeah I do hear using that stuff isn't so bad, however, 15mg of it is risking it a bit IMO....

Checkout CZTL. All the cool kids are ordering from them nowadays it seems. Search on amazon. I just got 5 grams for a pretty darn good price (cheaper then their website too).

BTW I found the below in regards to MB dosing.

Does the 0.06grams to 30ml still checkout for 0.2% solution or 100mcg per drop?

1684668701081.png

purple pill

I do need to go back and try a lower dose over a longer period of time, my first dose was 150mcg and instantly felt like my brain had switched on, couldnt get the same effect though and kept going bigger and bigger getting through the bottle in no time. Maybe low dose is the key for me 🤷‍♂️

OP
P

Progesterone

I do need to go back and try a lower dose over a longer period of time, my first dose was 150mcg and instantly felt like my brain had switched on, couldnt get the same effect though and kept going bigger and bigger getting through the bottle in no time. Maybe low dose is the key for me 🤷‍♂️

Yep.

I am checking out old longecity posts, many started at 1mg+ per DOSE, and then switched to like 60mcg per dose, dosed throughout the day and had vastly different and much improved effects!

purple pill

Thank you!

You should definitely grab the USP stuff... though yeah I do hear using that stuff isn't so bad, however, 15mg of it is risking it a bit IMO....

Checkout CZTL. All the cool kids are ordering from them nowadays it seems. Search on amazon. I just got 5 grams for a pretty darn good price (cheaper then their website too).

View attachment 50501
No probs. Yeah 0.2% solution definitely checks out, ill make the same solution once i get some delivered and give it another shot. Im uk so probably wont find that supplier but did find a few lab grade options on ebay so defo need to order soon.

DaveFoster

I think 0.5mg (500 mcg) is an ideal dosage for regular use. Higher dosages act as a MAOI(A) inhibitor. I've only had two drugs that have ever led to me wanting to get into confrontation (fist fights); one is D-aspartic acid, and the other, methylene blue.

purple pill

I think 0.5mg (500 mcg) is an ideal dosage for regular use. Higher dosages act as a MAOI(A) inhibitor. I've only had two drugs that have ever led to me wanting to get into confrontation (fist fights); one is D-aspartic acid, and the other, methylene blue.
Ashwagandha makes me very confrontational for some reason, only ever tried it once but it sent me in to a blinding rage for over an hour for no reason at all.

Don

Thank you!

View attachment 50501
THANKS !

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals