How can Vitamin K2 MK-4 be Price's Activator X?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Could sunlight be activator X?

Dr. B

In everything written about Price's studies of the health of indigenous teeth, he references a mysterious food constituent that he called Activator X: the key to dental health. Masterjohn and others have explained in great detail why they believe Vitamin K2 MK-4 to be Price's Activator X, but there is almost no MK-4 in common foods. A person would have to eat 100 mL of Green Pastures' butter oil to get, on average, a paltry 80 micrograms of MK-4. One hundred grams of certain hen egg yolks might have 64 mcg, and the same measure of chicken thighs, 60 mcg. People today supplement MK-4 in the milligram range, along with the other fat-soluble vitamins Price praised, yet I can find no real proof of anyone healing their teeth like Price said he healed the teeth of his patients.

Masterjohn makes a decent argument for MK-4 being Activator X, but its dearth in food and copious use today with little benefit suggests that to be untrue, or Price to have been wrong. Is there something I'm missing? Has anyone here seen pictorial proof, or better, of someone's carious teeth before and after MK-4?

I thought Price himself thought MK4 was activator X. the ancestral supplements site also refers to activator X as vitamin K2 and they recommend bone marrow and liver for it and maybe egg yolks. isnt there small amounts of it in egg yolk, beef fat, dairy fat, and liver even according to Peat iirc. so if you implement good amounts of dairy or beef with fat in them you should be able to get some vitamin K? or bone marrow/bone broths to get even higher amounts? the vitamin K in the milligrams range is considered megadosing, the rda is 120mcg or 100mcg daily. that may be slightly higher or lower than the minimum. you probably cant get milligrams daily from food unless you stuff milk or egg yolks or natto or bone marrow.
so did Price heal his patients teeth by giving foods rich in Activator X? or was it via butter oil/cod liver oil? it wasnt actually from supplements right?

Dr. B

They are unrelated. The body can make alkaline phosphatase. Tells a lot, though. The loss of enzymes from processing milk is real.

With raw milk, added lactase/rennet and vitamin K2 may be all that's necessary to get healing. Maybe some coq10.

Vitamin K2 and iodine both collect in the salivary glands and both keep mouth sanitized.
what does K2 do in the salivary glands, how does it keep it sanitized. does it have other similarities with iodine.

where do you get rennet from and why would that be needed for milk. rennet is essentially hcl/stomach acid?

baccheion

what does K2 do in the salivary glands, how does it keep it sanitized. does it have other similarities with iodine.

where do you get rennet from and why would that be needed for milk. rennet is essentially hcl/stomach acid?
Vitamin K2 MK-4 and iodine seem to parallel. That is, they both collect in many of the same areas.

MK-4 is associated with lowering plaque/tartar. Also, it appears bacteria count in the mouth goes down.

Rennet splits whey from casein with raw milk. You can get animal rennet online.

Pistachio

Vitamin K2 MK-4 and iodine seem to parallel. That is, they both collect in many of the same areas.

MK-4 is associated with lowering plaque/tartar. Also, it appears bacteria count in the mouth goes down.

Rennet splits whey from casein with raw milk. You can get animal rennet online.
MK-7 doesn't have these same effects?

Pistachio

No, but 90-120 mcg may be good anyway..
MK-4 is hard to find. There is an abundance of MK-7 on the store shelves. Very annoying.

The only brand of MK-4 I can find in my town is made by Now Foods, which I hear sources most of their stuff from China, so I am reluctant to buy.

baccheion

MK-4 is hard to find. There is an abundance of MK-7 on the store shelves. Very annoying.

The only brand of MK-4 I can find in my town is made by Now Foods, which I hear sources most of their stuff from China, so I am reluctant to buy.
You can buy it online. Relentless Improvement, AOR, Health Natura, Thorne, Life Extension, etc..

Pistachio

You can buy it online. Relentless Improvement, AOR, Health Natura, Thorne, Life Extension, etc..
Corn starch in AOR's, so that is out for me. I'll look into the others. Thanks.

Another thing, I can't find any product, MK-7 or MK-4, over 120 mcg per capsule. Be great to find it in 1 mg doses.

Sefton10

Another thing, I can't find any product, MK-7 or MK-4, over 120 mcg per capsule. Be great to find it in 1 mg doses.

Can get this one on Amazon and cheaper on iHerb

Dr. B

which country are you in? on amazon in the US there's many different products with MK4 amounts of 1mg, 5mg, 15mg etc... MK7 is usually in MCG doses though.. but codeage ADK is a good one

Can get this one on Amazon and cheaper on iHerb

I like codeages vitamin ADK
has 3000IU vitamin A, 5000IU d3, 1mg K1, 1.5mg MK4 , 300mcg MK7

Pistachio

which country are you in? on amazon in the US there's many different products with MK4 amounts of 1mg, 5mg, 15mg etc... MK7 is usually in MCG doses though.. but codeage ADK is a good one

I like codeages vitamin ADK
has 3000IU vitamin A, 5000IU d3, 1mg K1, 1.5mg MK4 , 300mcg MK7
THanks. I ended up ordering the Life Extension one at 45 mg dose. Can't wait to try it out.

By the way, high-dose Vitamin K2 (MK-4) is not allowed to ship to Canada from the U.S. for some reason. I guess Health Canada doesn't want people self-healing.

Dr. B

THanks. I ended up ordering the Life Extension one at 45 mg dose. Can't wait to try it out.

By the way, high-dose Vitamin K2 (MK-4) is not allowed to ship to Canada from the U.S. for some reason. I guess Health Canada doesn't want people self-healing.
im not sure the big doses are safe, some people get dose dependent hair loss on k2 MK4

Pistachio

im not sure the big doses are safe, some people get dose dependent hair loss on k2 MK4
I was getting increased shedding from only 120 mcg of MK-7, so I am not sure more is going to make a difference in that respect. However, when I added high-dose Vitamin D3, it seemed to mitigate the shedding, although I can't say for sure. Later, I think I discovered why. D3 inhibits some of the hairloss-inducing prostaglandins (think it was PGE2 or something).

Dr. B

I was getting increased shedding from only 120 mcg of MK-7, so I am not sure more is going to make a difference in that respect. However, when I added high-dose Vitamin D3, it seemed to mitigate the shedding, although I can't say for sure. Later, I think I discovered why. D3 inhibits some of the hairloss-inducing prostaglandins (think it was PGE2 or something).
D3 inhibits prostaglandins? someone else said vitamin K2 inhibits prostaglandins and this causes hair loss in some people especially if thyroid/progesterone is lower?

CheckMate

How much d3?

Pistachio

D3 inhibits prostaglandins? someone else said vitamin K2 inhibits prostaglandins and this causes hair loss in some people especially if thyroid/progesterone is lower?
Yeah, can't remember where I read it. I'll post if I come across it again.

Another thing that inhibits PGE2 is compression of the skin. This gives credence to all those people who claim doing headstands staves off their hairloss. Hehehe.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom