Homemade Copper Supplement, What To Dissolve It In?

Dave Clark

bloody hell thats lucky! i would get it in some mct oil pronto
Well, I certainly don't doubt what you are saying, but I am sort of experimenting. Charles said if it doesn't turn blue it is good to go, so I am going to wing it and see what I get out of it. If it goes blue, I am almost out of it anyway, so I will just chuck it out and re-order then go the oil route. I appreciate your advice and feedback, that's what we're here for, lol!

Beefcake

Yes unbound copper is toxic. Not bound. It's very common to have a deficiency of copper with high toxic levels of unbound copper. Do you know about the difference between copper 1 and copper 2?

The difference between bound and unbound is free copper and ceruloplasmin. Ceruloplasmin is not an unoxidized form of copper. Normal oxidized copper combined with co factors increases ceruloplasmin stores ”the good copper”. If you have high free copper its because your liver is not synthesizing enougv ceruloplasmin. The liver depends on retinol for this. And also other nutrients like some B-vitamins, proteins and other minerals but mainly retinol. So I would suggest a good amount of retinol. Its easy to find research backing this up. Just google ”retinol ceruloplasmin ncbi” it explains it all. Mitosynergy seems like an expensive rip off if you ask me.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

The difference between bound and unbound is free copper and ceruloplasmin. Ceruloplasmin is not an unoxidized form of copper. Normal oxidized copper combined with co factors increases ceruloplasmin stores ”the good copper”. If you have high free copper its because your liver is not synthesizing enougv ceruloplasmin. The liver depends on retinol for this. And also other nutrients like some B-vitamins, proteins and other minerals but mainly retinol. So I would suggest a good amount of retinol. Its easy to find research backing this up. Just google ”retinol ceruloplasmin ncbi” it explains it all. Mitosynergy seems like an expensive rip off if you ask me.
does my previous post contradict any of that?

Beefcake

does my previous post contradict any of that?

You just lay it out as copper I and copper II is whats causes a person to have high unbound copper. My point is that it doesn’t matter. Its like iron. Your gut needs it to be in the oxidized form to be able to absorb it then it convers it to Fe III. And incorporates it to ferritin protein. Same with copper the body takes care of that and incorporate it into ceruloplasmin enzyme if you have the right co-factors for it.
But my apology if Ive missunderstood your comment.

Mossy

This is really facinating.

What do you think about doing our own copper (1)?

The founder of MitoSYNERGY is a really nice guy and a great marketer and story teller.
And sure they had immense costs with the study they did etc.
But the supplement is sooo expensive.

Copper (0)
Wouldn't be copper (0) good as well, because it has 2 electrons to give?

What about colloidal copper? Copper (0) that gets really small particles throught electrolysis.
This would be the copper drink / cookware technique.

What do think about healing copper bracelets? Do you think, that we can absorp it trough the skin?
View attachment 12982

So funny, where my research about copper let me.... to conspiracy theory.
COPPER DEPLETED, IRON POISIONED
We were depleted by copper and poisened by iron. And the ruler/kings are the blue blood, because they are full of copper, even some copper (2) oxide, which makes skin blue/green :D

View attachment 12986

View attachment 12985 View attachment 12984

Can someone offer some insight to a non-scientist, with regard to the desire to have the solution be canary yellow, versus blue, as described in the video? I’ve made a copper solution using two copper pennies connected to the positive and negative of three-grouped 9-volt batteries, while submerged in distilled water and a bit of lemon juice. The reaction produced a vibrant blue solution. After watching this video, I’ve added ascorbic acid to a sample amount and it does turn more orange-yellow. Is this the preferred form of copper versus the blue? My intent is to supplement with this topically.

yerrag

Can someone offer some insight to a non-scientist, with regard to the desire to have the solution be canary yellow, versus blue, as described in the video? I’ve made a copper solution using two copper pennies connected to the positive and negative of three-grouped 9-volt batteries, while submerged in distilled water and a bit of lemon juice. The reaction produced a vibrant blue solution. After watching this video, I’ve added ascorbic acid to a sample amount and it does turn more orange-yellow. Is this the preferred form of copper versus the blue? My intent is to supplement with this topically.

Maybe that's a reaction turning copper citrate and ascorbic acid into copper ascorbate and citric acid or water and CO2.

You could try using the chemical equation balancer in Balance Chemical Equation - Online Balancer to be sure. I would but am short of time.

yerrag

So has anyone perceive any improvement using mitosynergy? increased heart rate? increased temps?

I'm going to place an order for mitosynergy and try it on lowering my bp. The way I see it, I'm using ascorbic acid and copper aspirinate, alternating with copper acetate, and I've reached a wall and my blood pressure won't go lower anymore.

The way I see it, I have immune complex deposits in my kidneys that are causing my immune system to produce inflammation and this inflammation produces oxidative stress. My current antioxidant response involves using serum albumin as an antioxidant since there is probably not enough glutathione to counter the chronic oxidative stress. The serum albumin gets oxidized continually, and it keeps my serum albumin from building up to a higher healthier level. Because serum albumin attracts sodium ions, and sodium ions attract water, enough serum albumin leads to an increase in blood volume. When blood volume increases, blood pressure will likely decrease.

To boost my glutathione, I need ascorbic acid to enter my cells. To do so, ascorbic acid has to be oxidized by copper (I) to its oxidized form DHAA. In its DHAA form, DHAA is transported inside the cells passively using the GLUT1 transporter. Once inside the cell, DHAA turns back into AA, and the increased AA in the cells recycles as well as increases glutathione production. With enough glutathione, the use of albumin as an antioxidant would be much lessened and it will allow my body to build up serum albumin.

I'll go about placing an order for mitosynergy to test it on my condition.

Meanwhile, I'll just have to increase my intake of shellfish. Probably it's best to eat more shrimps, as shellfish also has vitamin A and I can't eat too much of them. The problem though with shrimps is that they're almost always farm-raised. The saltwater shrimps I used to buy is hard to find nowadays.

I've recently ordered some Mitosynergy Copper (https://www.mitosynergy.com/product/copper-niacin-91-00-per-1-2-gram-copy/)

It's a very sensitive (and expensive) form of bioavailable copper (copper 1) which is orange in colour, but if exposed to moisture it will oxidise and turn blue (copper 2), and therefore shouldnt be used.

Ive bought the copper before and noticed great benefits that are uncomparable to the cheap blue copper supplements most often sold. But the problem is its so unstable in its powder form.

So I'm looking for a good substance to dissolve the copper powder into, which will be most resistant to moisture. any recommendations? MCT? vitamin E?

heres more info if anyones interested

"It's a very sensitive (and expensive) form of bioavailable copper (copper 1) which is orange in colour, but if exposed to moisture it will oxidise and turn blue (copper 2), and therefore shouldnt be used."

It will get come into contact with moisture in your body though

yerrag

So we should go for copper 1 over the blue form that's 2?
I'm having doubts on what I just said regarding copper.

I now think I need Cu(II) so that when it is reduced as it oxidizes ascorbic acid, it turns into Cu(I).

So I may not need the MitoSynergy. I may have need another a suitable Cu(II) complex. Have used copper acetate and copper aspirinate already, but have to try other forms.

Jam

To do so, ascorbic acid has to be oxidized by copper (I) to its oxidized form DHAA. In its DHAA form, DHAA is transported inside the cells passively using the GLUT1 transporter. Once inside the cell, DHAA turns back into AA, and the increased AA in the cells recycles as well as increases glutathione production. With enough glutathione, the use of albumin as an antioxidant would be much lessened and it will allow my body to build up serum albumin.

FWIW, you can easily oxidize AA to DHAA using Lugol's iodine or methylene blue. For example, my regular DHAA cocktail contains about a gram of AA in a small glass of spring water (but tap can be used, as any chlorine and associated disinfection byproducts are completely neutralized by the AA. This is important as you don't want the iodine and iodide in Lugol's to react with chlorine), into which I then add 10 drops of Lugol's iodine (which reduces the iodine to iodide, turning the solution clear, and oxidizes the AA to DHAA). I then add some baking soda until it stops fizzing (this converts the remaining AA to sodium ascorbate). You can replace the Lugol's with methylene blue.

Last edited:

yerrag

FWIW, you can easily oxide AA to DHAA using Lugol's iodine or methylene blue. For example, my regular DHAA cocktail contains about a gram of AA in a small glass of spring water (but tap can be used, as any chlorine and associated disinfection byproducts are completely neutralized by the AA. This is important as you don't want the iodine and iodide in Lugol's to react with chlorine), into which I then add 10 drops of Lugol's iodine (which reduces the iodine to iodide, turning the solution clear, and oxidizes the AA to DHAA). I then add some baking soda until it stops fizzing (this converts the remaining AA to sodium ascorbate). You can replace the Lugol's with methylene blue.

Thanks, but the thing I question doing that is that is once the AA is converted to DHAA before it's orally ingested, is that the DHAA can break down into metabolites that would not turn back into AA anymore. Even if that were not to happen, the DHAA is absorbed by enterocytes into the bloodstream whereupon in becomes AA again. It's in the blood where AA gets converted back to DHAA by copper prior to it going inside the cell thru the GLUT1 transporter. Perhaps if I take the DHAA immediately after it's made (from the AA mixed with Lugol's or MB) that won't be a problem, and if that were the case, it would be a good idea as enterocytes can absorb more DHAA than AA. But if I don't take in DHAA but AA instead, I'd have to take AA multiple times of 500mg during the day, away from sugar intake, as enterocytes are limited to taking in 500mg each time, at least that is what I understand the limit to be.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

"It's a very sensitive (and expensive) form of bioavailable copper (copper 1) which is orange in colour, but if exposed to moisture it will oxidise and turn blue (copper 2), and therefore shouldnt be used."

It will get come into contact with moisture in your body though
that doesn't make any sense. all copper supplements are blue apart from mitosynergy

yerrag

that doesn't make any sense. all copper supplements are blue apart from mitosynergy
which post are you replying to?

GenericName86

I'm having doubts on what I just said regarding copper.

I now think I need Cu(II) so that when it is reduced as it oxidizes ascorbic acid, it turns into Cu(I).

So I may not need the MitoSynergy. I may have need another a suitable Cu(II) complex. Have used copper acetate and copper aspirinate already, but have to try other forms.

I've used copper glycinate a few times and the effects were quite noticeable in a sense that I thought maybe it wasn't copper and they slipped something else in haha. I noticed upon taking it my body felt warmer and i felt very "cozy" if that make sense. I was taking the Solgar brand.

I do not understand. if you consume it, it comes into contact with water, and would turn blue from the reaction. So why consume it in the first place? Or is it used as an injection, or implant or what?

Jam

Thanks, but the thing I question doing that is that is once the AA is converted to DHAA before it's orally ingested, is that the DHAA can break down into metabolites that would not turn back into AA anymore. Even if that were not to happen, the DHAA is absorbed by enterocytes into the bloodstream whereupon in becomes AA again. It's in the blood where AA gets converted back to DHAA by copper prior to it going inside the cell thru the GLUT1 transporter. Perhaps if I take the DHAA immediately after it's made (from the AA mixed with Lugol's or MB) that won't be a problem, and if that were the case, it would be a good idea as enterocytes can absorb more DHAA than AA. But if I don't take in DHAA but AA instead, I'd have to take AA multiple times of 500mg during the day, away from sugar intake, as enterocytes are limited to taking in 500mg each time, at least that is what I understand the limit to be.

Pretty sure (but probably need to double-check) that if the DHAA is ingested immediately with just some water and away from food, that shouldn't be a problem at all.

yerrag

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom