COPPER - Very Important For Mitochondria-metabolism. Toxic Or Important - Depends On The Form

Doludolu

Hey there, fellas!

"Copper in nature = Copper 0 , stable form, e.g. nugget,pipe
Fully oxidized Copper you see on corroded pipes (blue) is Copper II "cupric copper" - copper for plants.Plants turn Copper II to Copper I.
Plant (bioavailable) human copper - Copper 1. It has a donatable electron.
Copper II does not have an electron to donate, it remains in the extracellular matrix and over time creating toxicity. Biggest sources: food supplements - copper II (same as from pipes, nuggets - toxic)
Copper is important for ATP cycling. Copper is critical for completion of ETC (electron transport chain) - Copper I. "

I know it's possible to be copper deficient & toxic at the same time. What in reality that means - having excess toxic copper and not enough bioavailable copper. This mineral is important for mitochondrial health & metabolism.

So I guess the final idea is to say, that we need get bioavailable copper daily for proper cellular respiration. And avoid the toxic copper forms as much as possible!

Source: Home - MitoSynergy

Doludolu

Cu II is fine.
What's the point of just saying is fine.. ? Could you provide then some evidence / research on why pipe (elemental) copper wouldn't be toxic? Why it then accumulates in the body, in the cells and creates toxic effects, hindering ATP production and mitochondrial capacity = (what the mitosynergy are claiming) ?

What's the point of just saying is fine.. ? Could you provide then some evidence / research on why pipe (elemental) copper wouldn't be toxic? Why it then accumulates in the body, in the cells and creates toxic effects, hindering ATP production and mitochondrial capacity = (what the mitosynergy are claiming) ?

It was already discussed elsewhere on this forum, several times.

Oh, okay. I'll search for it. Or perhaps you could link those threads here, brother?

There are several copper related topics, and there were always discussions about supplemental forms, you have to wade through them to find parts that you find relevant.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
JanP Normal Serum Copper, Very High Free Serum Copper Ask For Help or Advice 1
R Copper in Parmesan and other Cheese Diet 0
Lokzo Copper Deficiency Can Decrease DHEA Levels By Up To 50%! Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 19
Lokzo Copper deficiency halves serum dehydroepiandrosterone in rats - PUBMED Scientific Studies 2
MyUsernameHere Zinc Or Copper Deficient, Apparently? Zinc 12
D Copper Toxicity + Deficiency Paradox – How To Treat Minerals 10
Lewis Acid Using Copper To Prevent The Spread Of Respiratory Viruses Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 0
M The High Copper Personality? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 1
N Copper IUD The Reason For My Enlarged Thyroid Gland? Female Issues 0
jzeno Do You Own Or Use Copper Objects In Your Home? Minerals 2
dfspcc20 Neurological Symptoms, TSH, Copper Ask For Help or Advice 14
michael94 Old Copper Penny For Zinc/Copper ? Additives, Cookware, Eating Out, Spices 12
M Copper And Zinc Foods? Diet 43
K Copper Supplementation Increased Brown Spots Number Minerals 56
Evgenij Copper, MAO And Serotonin Minerals 0
Kingpinguin NMDA Excitotoxicity, Vitamin D, Magnesium And Copper Science 0
H What’s Causing Copper/bronze Coloured Hairs? Hair & Nails 6
postman Big Testosterone Boost From Copper Minerals 9
postman Does Collagen Have Copper? Gelatin 2
postman How To Supplement Copper? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 7
A Messed Up My Copper Levels: Don't Do This (please Help) Ask For Help or Advice 43
M Copper Deficient - Please Help Male Issues 40
EssntlFttyBstrd Chelating Selenium And Chromium? Se & Cr Cause Diabetes And Suppress Copper Metabolism Ask For Help or Advice 4
E Copper Solution For Grey Hair Hair & Nails 1
Amazoniac Ideal Copper Intake May Be Higher Than What's Currently Recommended Minerals 33
michael94 Oysters Iron Copper Content Disparity Seafood 0
T Drinking Copper From Copper Vessels Minerals 3
L Button Mushrooms Are Good Sources Of Copper Minerals 2
D Low Liver Copper In Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease And Insulin Resistance Scientific Studies 12
S How Much Elemental Copper In Supplements? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
Amazoniac 15 Milligrams Of Copper In A Day Without Liver Or Supplements To Meet AI Minerals 10
ddjd Copper Important For Transport Of Vitamin A From Liver To Blood Ask For Help or Advice 1
M Low Ferritin & Copper Levels Ask For Help or Advice 3
ddjd Homemade Copper Supplement, What To Dissolve It In? Ask For Help or Advice 48
V Fructose Induces Copper And Ceruloplasmin Deficiency? Ask For Help or Advice 6
A What Type Of Copper Supplement To Take ? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 81
Rich77 Copper Deficiency Dilemma Minerals 44
Lokzo Copper Induced Oxidation Of Serotonin: Analysis Of Products And Toxicity Scientific Studies 0
D X-rays Reveal The Important Role Of Copper In Parkinson’s Disease Scientific Studies 6
J High Copper Vitamins 12
Steven Bussinger Ascorbate And The Copper Hand-Off C 141
A Zinc And Copper In Protein Sources Protein 3
T Haidut On Iron And Copper Miscellaneous Health Discussions 21
Insomnia Copper And My Experience! Bloodworks And Training Method Explained! Hormones 28
M Copper / Zinc Ratio Ask For Help or Advice 48
M Hair Loss / Dermatitis / Eczema And Copper/ Manganese / Chromium Skin 10
M Copper Deficiency Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 24
D Dose-dependent Effect Of Copper Chloride On Male Reproductive Function Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
Captain_Coconut Copper Acetylsalicylate Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 93
T What's A Good Copper Chelator? Ask For Help or Advice 5