Habituation. How To Interpret It / Dosage Adjustment?

PeatThemAll

For the last couple of weeks, I've noticed that I need more and more caffeine to get the same 'hit'.

Now... how do you distinguish between

1) The body has been updating its enzymatic machinery and the former dosages are all now being eliminated;
2) The body has been updating its enzymatic machinery and the former dosages are all now being used;
3) Idem to 2) but the upper limit hasn't been reached yet;
4) Habituation (loss of 'hit' feeling), Minimum Effective Dose needs to be increased.

Do you simply keep on increasing dosages until the drawbacks outweigh the benefits (and then scale back a little)?

DaveFoster

Why don't you just try upping the dosage and find out? It's caffeine; not exactly a lethal substance especially with tolerance. My multiple gram dosages attest to that.

It's still carrying the bulk of your metabolism—just doing it without you noticing anymore. You can try to chase the hit, but that's not really the point with caffeine if it's already keeping you warm and happy at the current dosage. You can try quitting it to see how much it was doing.

caffeine; not exactly a lethal substance

:construction:Statement not approved by the FDA:construction: :policeofficer:

DaveFoster

:construction:Statement not approved by the FDA:construction: :policeofficer:
Hmm, maybe you're right.

You should state your current dosage of caffeine. If you're at 1200 mg, then you might not want to up that dosage.

I get an invincible stuffed nose when I take over 500mg...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals