EMF From Electric Shavers Have A 11:1 Odds Ratio Of Causing Cancer

boxers

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/peat-says-electric-shavers-hairdryers-dangerous.12911/

“Relevant -- Endotoxin And Fat Consumption

Electric Shavers fall under Category (1) in that post -- Extreme Low Frequency EMF.

For most people, the brief exposure is a mild stressor that is quickly recovered from, with little lasting consequence. In the extreme cases of EMF sensitivity (which is a sign of a wrecked body to begin with), these cause major effects.

....”

Thank you. very interesting.

yerrag

Glad I don't have too much facial hair. Just have to get rid of stubs, but I use an electric razor. Probably be better if I leave moustache and mini-beard and the hair beside the mouth. Then I can minimize on the use of the shaver.

Because of this, I may just live to be only 119 years old.

Peater

I really struggle to believe the low voltage tiny current flow causes a serious EMF. Even my professional quality Wahl beard trimmer has low voltage PSU rather than mains supply right up to the appliance. Surely any major EMF would be concentrated at the PSU transformer coils, with the motor housing absorbing the minuscule EMFs present there

Yeah, top of my head analyisis is that this is woo

Peater

Also the fact that a 'volt stick' non-contact voltage detector has to be within mm of a conductor to detect EMF at 240V...not that limp-wristed 110V you guys use. ;)

Aaron

I keep my hair long on top and very short (#2) on the sides. This means I have to use clippers daily to keep my haircut looking clean. I also use a beard trimmer without guard every other day to maintain the "24/7 stubble" look. I have not noticed any ill effects but I'll have to start paying more attention.

boxers

2017-1917-dont-blame-technology-27814711.png
You mean 100 years ago when people still socialized instead of staring into screens the whole day?

99c3f88ae63533d3edef8ce596924d73.jpg

OP
x-ray peat

x-ray peat

I keep my hair long on top and very short (#2) on the sides. This means I have to use clippers daily to keep my haircut looking clean. I also use a beard trimmer without guard every other day to maintain the "24/7 stubble" look. I have not noticed any ill effects but I'll have to start paying more attention.
I had never felt anything from my trimmer for a number of years and then just recently I noticed headaches every time I used it. Seems you can sensitize yourself to it over time.

OP
x-ray peat

x-ray peat

I really struggle to believe the low voltage tiny current flow causes a serious EMF. Even my professional quality Wahl beard trimmer has low voltage PSU rather than mains supply right up to the appliance. Surely any major EMF would be concentrated at the PSU transformer coils, with the motor housing absorbing the minuscule EMFs present there

Yeah, top of my head analyisis is that this is woo
That's true for electric fields but in the case of an electric shaver it's the motor that is giving off high magnetic fields. It doesn't need high voltage or amperage. The fact that it is right up against your head is what makes it really dangerous.

Last edited:
OP
x-ray peat

x-ray peat

Nikki

I agree that this study leaves a lot to desire, but I find the subject matter to be important and something we should stay on top of.

And what about magnets in general? Some people use them to heal. I find them worthles maybe even harmful.

Last edited:
OP
x-ray peat

x-ray peat

I agree that this study leaves a lot to desire, but I find the subject matter to be important and something we should stay on top of.

And what about magnets in general? Some people use them to heal. I find them worthles maybe even harmful.
It follows a general trend that if something is harmful to people but widespread in society it's harmful effects are usually hidden and never published. It's the same with vaccines and GMOs where very little research is publicly available.

Was curious about magnets and noticed that they only give off an emf when moved but not when stationary. Apparently you need an electric field for the magnet to radiate emf; a moving magnet induces that while a stationary one doesnt.

smith

You mean 100 years ago when people still socialized instead of staring into screens the whole day?
You mean 100 years ago when there was no air conditioning, refrigeration, showers, electricity, internet, instant communication, high metabolism, cures for modern diseases, or taking things for granted? Ahh, good times man.
AIN'T NO TIME LIKE THE DEAD PAST THAT I NEVER EVEN LIVED THROUGH!!!

Apparently you need an electric field for the magnet to radiate emf; a moving magnet induces that while a stationary one doesnt.
Looks like vibrators are out. :(

Last edited:

blob69

You mean 100 years ago when there was no air conditioning, refrigeration, showers, electricity, internet, instant communication, high metabolism, cures for modern diseases, or taking things for granted? Ahh, good times man.
AIN'T NO TIME LIKE THE DEAD PAST THAT I NEVER EVEN LIVED THROUGH!!:(!

I'm sorry if this hurts someone but I will say it like it is... Just like RP wrote in his last newsletter, autistic traits can be seen everywhere nowadays, for one in people who are so blind to human and other being's suffering that they don't even notice the problems of these times. It's an adaptation to stress that makes it easier to live I guess. Below is a good overview, taken from an old interview with RP...

"…adulteration of the food supply, oppressive schooling, stressful jobs, stressful relationships, Wi-Fi, exposure to radiation, pesticides, not getting enough light, vaccinations, water pollution, air pollution, noise pollution, low carb diets, over-exercising, drugs, hectic schedules … essentially a slew of things that human beings have never faced before en masse… When we start opening our eyes to certain threats like the oceans being in peril, depleted uranium weapon use, college students being crushed by 1 trillion dollar loans, the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), and the growing global food crisis (to name just a few)…"

smith

I'm sorry if this hurts someone but I will say it like it is... Just like RP wrote in his last newsletter, autistic traits can be seen everywhere nowadays, for one in people who are so blind to human and other being's suffering that they don't even notice the problems of these times. It's an adaptation to stress that makes it easier to live I guess.

So I'm apparently blind to "other being's suffering" whatever that means. How do you know? Have you ever met me? The only interaction you've ever had with me is a single post quoting your post. Do you think I need an education on all the ills of the world because I appreciate showers and refrigeration instead of denying them out of false guilt?

Those who are truly aware of suffering don't go on forums to complain that other people aren't aware of it because they understand that most people don't want to constantly live in depression, guilt or self-flagellation. Is that what life should be about? Why are you comparing "times" as if any time before this one was any better? Have you ever experienced life 100 years ago? Have you ever experienced any "time" other than this one? Are you going to time travel back to some time you're more familiar with?

I'm not on this forum to wallow over obscure "suffering" and problems, I'm here to learn and solve my own. People like to be happy, and like when life is easy. Why would anyone want a hard life? You say "adaptation to stress" as if it's wrong or unnatural, as if we must be experiencing the same degree of stress as those who suffer, just because they exist.

Are the appreciation of modern technology and the awareness of suffering mutually exclusive?

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Self-reported Electrical Appliance Use and Risk of Adult Brain Tumors | American Journal of Epidemiology | Oxford Academic
Ever use of an electric shaver was significantly associated with meningioma in males (OR = 10.9, 95 percent CI: 2.3, 50); however, this estimate was based on only two nonexposed and 35 exposed cases. The odds ratios for meningioma were markedly increased for both rechargeable (OR = 10.6, 95 percent CI: 1.7, 68) and plug-in (OR = 16.5, 95 percent CI: 2.8, 95) shavers.

For meningioma, the odds ratios increased with increasing years of use of electric shavers.

For electric shavers, odds ratios were increased with increased frequency of use for meningioma only, but they showed no dose-response effect (for 1–3 times per month: OR = 18; for 1–6 times per week: OR = 12; and for daily use: OR = 15) (table 4).

The paper down plays the results mainly by pointing to having only 2 non-user cases but that doesnt explain the increase in cancer rates that is correlated with increased use among the user group.

I measured the magnetic field of my two trimmers and they were very high (32 milligaus where anything above 3 is considered dangerous.) Both corded and battery operated.

I just jumped on the stubble band wagon and noticed I was getting headaches from using the trimmer. I'm gonna try to free style with scissors and see how that looks.
@x-ray peat I wonder if I should throw away my Carisonic electric facial cleanser and HIFU mini device using ultrasound energy?

https://www.clarisonic.co.uk/shop-our-products-clarisonic-mia-2/CL12.html

I just got $50 Coupons!

blob69

So you're calling me somewhat autistic because I'm apparently blind to "other being's suffering" whatever that means. How do you know? Have you ever met me? The only interaction you've ever had with me is a single post quoting your post. Why don't you call it out. What problems and suffering are you talking about? Do you think I need an education on all the ills of the world because I appreciate showers and refrigeration instead of denying them out of false guilt?

Those who are truly aware of suffering don't go on forums to complain that other people aren't aware of it because they understand that most people don't want to constantly live in depression, guilt or self-flagellation. Is that what life should be about? Why are you comparing "times" as if any time before this one was any better? Have you ever experienced life 100 years ago? Have you ever experienced any "time" other than this one? Are you going to time travel back to some time you're more familiar with?

I'm not on this forum to wallow over obscure "suffering" and problems, I'm here to learn and solve my own. People like to be happy, and like when life is easy. Why would anyone want a hard life? You say "adaptation to stress" as if it's wrong or unnatural, as if we must be experiencing the same degree of stress as those who suffer, just because they exist.

Are the appreciation of modern technology and the awareness of suffering mutually exclusive?
I'm sorry if I was harsh but I hardly ever go on any forums anymore because of constantly encoutering such comments, and yes, you guessed it, they bother me - empathy seems to be a lost trait these days... I haven't lived 100 years ago, that's right, but NEITHER HAVE YOU! What I do know without a single doubt is that nowadays in developed countries people are NOT HAPPY and NOT HEALTHY, and when you go to countries that are "backwards" (in other words, more like 100 years ago), it is immediately obvious that people are happier (with much less money & comforts). Also, my relatives lived almost 100 years ago and they can tell me how life used to be - it was not some nightmare! Not to even mention what is happening to the ecosystem which might at one point just collapse under the weight of our pollution. Have you been reading too many stupid propaganda books? Our New, Happy Life? The Ideology of Development | Charles Eisenstein

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals