Downsides Of Methylene Blue?

Bogdar

I hear a whole lot of benefits about it and can't find downsides.
However I don't really trust it, there must be a darker side?

Share your bad experiences please :):

Cirion

MB turned me into this guy from the TV show The Orville.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Lol.

milkboi

Caused headaches in higher doses. MAO-A inhibition might be why (potential increase in serotonin).

SB4

I have been taking 1 drop a day for a month or so and started noticing my eyes were getting very sensitive to light. Stopped 2 days ago and so far it seems to have reduced.

DennisX

I hear a whole lot of benefits about it and can't find downsides.
However I don't really trust it, there must be a darker side?

Share your bad experiences please :):
I tried 4 drops of Oxidal for 5 days and it raised my blood pressure to 160/80. It took 1 week to get my BP back to normal after I stopped.

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

MB turned me into this guy from the TV show The Orville.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Lol.
Were you able to reverse it ?

Thanks for all your answers ! 160/80 BP is a pretty high number right ? Are you able to feel without external tool if you have too high BP ?
I noted the symptoms you experienced, might get a try with MB in near future.

It worsens blood flow (via reducing nitric oxide) so not good if you're lifting weights.

I don't know that this is true. You get less of a pump, which may feel worse for traditional bodybuilding, but you catch your breath much more quickly between sets. This is wonderful for super setting, circuit training, Tabata, HIIT.

Last edited:
Fat gain. I got 10 kg in 2 months.

inthedark

I was having issues with headaches whenever I'd try to take it, even when I diluted it to 100mcg doses. However after having used metergoline at low doses for a year and a half I recently tried MB again and so far no headaches at doses around .5mg.
Which maybe means that, for me, MB was raising serotonin a bit too much, and after using Metergoline for awhile my serotonin is low enough that that's no longer an issue.

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

I was having issues with headaches whenever I'd try to take it, even when I diluted it to 100mcg doses. However after having used metergoline at low doses for a year and a half I recently tried MB again and so far no headaches at doses around .5mg.
Which maybe means that, for me, MB was raising serotonin a bit too much, and after using Metergoline for awhile my serotonin is low enough that that's no longer an issue.
Fat gain. I got 10 kg in 2 months.
Thanks for sharing ! :)

Super interesting.

Clea

Seems to cause me digestive distress even when taken transdermally

Catheryn

Huge stomach upset, with pain radiating into liver and spleen. Both these organs are already compromised from chronic inflammatory illness over many years.

Sorry to hear it can even upset stomach if taken transdermally. I will try that route to see if it can work for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals