Methylene Blue Powder - Sources And Handling/Dosage

ddjd

As far as I know, the "ProveBlue" is the only methylene blue currently available that is manufactured with this new "heavy metal contaminant free" process. Or at least that's what they say.
It's currently still sold as "Methylthioniniumchlorid Proveblue 5mg/ml", is only available with a prescription (at least here in Germany) and expensive (around 50 € for 1 ampoule with 50 mg methylene blue)

Other "Pharmaceutical grade" methylene blue ampoules are easily available without a prescription for whatever reason, but still expensive
"Methylenblaulösung 1 % BLUEtopic" would be one for Germany (60 € for 100 mg methylene blue). It's the same stuff they use in hospitals.
It does have glucose monohydrate as an additional ingredient though, does anybody know how that would effect the shelf life? They say 28 days after opening on their website, that's for use during actual surgeries though.

Not sure how to get my hands on the raw material (pharmaceutical grade methylene blue powder) they use to manufacture these injection ampoules.
"Lab grade" methylene blue powder from chemical suppliers is easily availabable and I've used it in the past, but it's definitely a little sketchy. I assume that's the same quality they use in the fish tank products.
wow. thats expensive. im in germany too. if you hear of any other options that arent as pricey please let me know. at the moment im using health naturas but im geussing they might have heavy metal contamination also

squanch

is this the kind of thing you were writing about for 60

Methylenblaulösung 1% BLUEtopic (10 ML) Preisvergleich

Yes exactly.
It's actually not that expensive when you only use 100 mcg per day. That's a 10 ml ampoule with 10 mg per ml methylene blue. So 100 mg for roughly 70 € with shipping. So it would only be 7 cent for 100 mcg. It's the purest methylene blue after the ProveBlue I could find. They claim "heavy metal free" on their website, I assume the standards for those kinds of medicinal products are quite high.

Maybe try dating a nurse, they could probably get you one for free :lol:

I'm actually thinking about buying it, but I'm still worried about the shelf life of it because of the added glucose. Not sure what kind of microorganisms would actually grow in a 1% methylene blue solution though.

Just wanting to verify my dilution calculation for MB powder. Help is highly appreciated. I want to have 500 mcg of MB per drop, there are 20 drops in 1 ml of water, so it means i have to dilute 10.000 mcg of powder in each ml of water. Am I getting it right?

Makrosky

Yes exactly.
It's actually not that expensive when you only use 100 mcg per day. That's a 10 ml ampoule with 10 mg per ml methylene blue. So 100 mg for roughly 70 € with shipping. So it would only be 7 cent for 100 mcg. It's the purest methylene blue after the ProveBlue I could find. They claim "heavy metal free" on their website, I assume the standards for those kinds of medicinal products are quite high.

Maybe try dating a nurse, they could probably get you one for free :lol:

I'm actually thinking about buying it, but I'm still worried about the shelf life of it because of the added glucose. Not sure what kind of microorganisms would actually grow in a 1% methylene blue solution though.
What about buying it from Sigma Aldrich and the like? I think these kind of companies you can trust their CoA 100%

CoolTweetPete

Just wanting to verify my dilution calculation for MB powder. Help is highly appreciated. I want to have 500 mcg of MB per drop, there are 20 drops in 1 ml of water, so it means i have to dilute 10.000 mcg of powder in each ml of water. Am I getting it right?

Bumping in an attempt to find an answer for this! I have powdered MB and I would like to make a similar dilution.

Does anyone happen to know the molarity of oxidal? :)

Bumping in an attempt to find an answer for this! I have powdered MB and I would like to make a similar dilution.

Does anyone happen to know the molarity of oxidal? :)

Those calculations are ok.