Methylene Blue & Serotonin Toxicity Syndrome

Daniel11

Forum Supporter

Methylene Blue & Serotonin Toxicity Syndrome​

My collaborators and I recently showed that Methylene Blue MB (aka Methylthioninium chloride) is an extremely potent monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) in vitro [i.e. in test tube experiments] and that in humans it causes potentially fatal serotonin toxicity (serotonin syndrome) when combined with serotonin reuptake inhibitors (1, 2). There have been a number of deaths in humans due to serotonin toxicity precipitated by this interaction.

h.c.

Only at huges doeses in Humans, not at regular ones like 0,5mg/kg bodyweight/day. Lima, Ph.D discussed that with Dr. Mercola recently and mentioned that this is the ONE obscure aspect(-> taking huges doses of MB together with dangerous pharmaceutical medicaments that help no one in the longer run), that the FDA came up with to suppress MB.

Im mean, look in the WHO monograph: https://monographs.iarc.who.int/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/mono108-06.pdf - that stuff is glourious. Its in the WHO list of essential medicines like Ivermectine. And this is the reason (at least I belive so) to make it obscure and doubtfull for the general public: Because it helps.

Best,
Hans

Last edited:

h.c.

This is why I think Methylene blue is overrated. Also everyone is overdosing methylene blue in the Biohacking community ?
Out of Interest: What is "Overdosing" for you?

Standard doses I know are from 0,5-4 mg/kg/day, where most may not exceed 0,5 mg/kg/day and even microdosing - 2-4 times 0,5-1 mg, is reported to have positive effects. In addition: Lots of people have a fast MAO-A - so inhibition for those is or may be a good thing. Ben Lynch has written enough about it, and it seems plausible to me.

Best,
Hans

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Out of Interest: What is "Overdosing" for you?

Standard doses I know are from 0,5-4 mg/kg/day, where most may not exceed 0,5 mg/kg/day and even microdosing - 2-4 times 0,5-1 mg, is reported to have positive effects. In addition: Lots of people have a fast MAO-A - so inhibition for those is or may be a good thing. Ben Lynch has written enough about it, and it seems plausible to me.

Best,
Hans
I think anything above 500mcg is too much personally.

h.c.

I think anything above 500mcg is too much personally.
Question to clarify: 0,5 mg (500µg) / day or 0,5 mg (500µg) / Kg / day?

I would be further interested in your reasoning if you mean 0,5 mg (500µg) / day.

I've personally have seen no negative reaction with up to 1 mg / kg / day except the expected blue peee ;) and better GSH and Q10 values in the bloodwork. Of course a 99,9% pure MB source was used, since USP is only >=98% pure and the remaining 2% are practically unregulated :eek: