Szent-Györgi On Methylene Blue

Travis

Albert Szent-Györgi has written a few books on bioelectronics that are available online:

Bioenergetics
Introduction to Submolecular Biology

Bioelectronics: A study in cellular regulations, defense and cancer
The Living State: With Observations on Cancer

I have read one of them and am in the process of reading the rest. I came across this passage on methylene blue:

As I have shown in my earlier days,²⁴ one can knock out the whole respiratory chain by cyanide and then restore oxygen uptake by adding methylene blue which takes the whole electron transport over between dehydrogenases and O₂. This it can do, as pointed out by B. and A. Pullman,²⁵ because its k values are 0.398 and −0.354 respectively, almost ideally placed to make the dye into a good donor and acceptor.

²⁴A. Szent-Györgi, Biochem. Z. 150, 195, 1924

The first k value is related to the ionization potential, the measure of it's ability to donate electrons. The second k value is related to its ability to accept electrons.

@Travis makes some of the best posts on this board (but this is just my opinion :cool)

Albert Szent-Györgi has written a few books on bioelectronics that are available online:

Bioenergetics
Introduction to Submolecular Biology

Bioelectronics: A study in cellular regulations, defense and cancer
The Living State: With Observations on Cancer

I have read one of them and am in the process of reading the rest. I came across this passage on methylene blue:

The first k value is related to the ionization potential, the measure of it's ability to donate electrons. The second k value is related to its ability to accept electrons.
interesting

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals