Does wearing a dust mask significantly increase CO2?

artemis

Can't seem to find any good info on this. When I clean out my chicken coop I wear a regular dust mask for 30 minutes or so. It always seems to put me into a very calm, zen-like state. Wondering how much it might be increasing my CO2. This could easily be done on and off throughout the day instead of bag breathing?

Aspekt

What kind of mask is it? Does it take longer to breath in and out, by inhibiting the flow?

tara

Worth a try.

jyb

I'm skeptic. If it doesn't alter your breathing a lot, like high altitude training masks you can also buy on Amazon, then I'm not sure how it would be trapping much CO2. Or maybe it would increase CO2 very slightly but I question whether it'd make any difference, or if you could just breath more slowly and have the same effect. I tried the training mask last year and it was seriously impractical (doable but noisy and uncomfortable) yet I'm not even sure it was doing anything long lasting to the CO2. Because of the noise, it didn't feel like zen and wasn't amenable to do doing something else like reading. Basically it will feel like pressure if you were breathing too fast. So, maybe if you're trying to learn how breathe more slowly like in yoga/buteyko then the mask can serve as aid or test. However I see the use in breathless endurance sports, which is the purpose of these masks, since it forces you to breathe in it (still uncomfortably).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals