Do you think that "they" are trying to program adults & youth via Disney/other films and shows?

parallax

We need to understand the entire picture here. As far as I know about the history of the last 60 yrs it was the sexual revolution that gave freedom to do whatever you want sexually. There was a 1989 gay activist book called “After the Ball: How America Will Conquer Its Fear & Hatred of Gays in the 90s.” In this book, Harvard grads, Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen, propose many strategies on how to normalize homosexual behavior in America. All of their secret plans have come to pass in today’s culture. They knew what they were doing and did it well. Their strategy was to use propaganda, use media, newspapers, radio, advertisements, tv shows, movies to bring about a change in the publics feelings about LGBTQ. They employed images that desensitize, jam and/or convert 'bigots' on an emotional level.

They also attacked the church. "Gays can undermine the moral authority of homo hating churches over less fervent adherence by portraying such institutions as antiquated backwaters badly out of step with the times and with the latest findings of psychology."

It was intentional. The book goes on to say, "The average american household tv screen radiates its embracing bluish glow for more than 50 hours every week bringing films sitcoms talk shows and news reports right into the living room, these hours are a gateway into the private world of straights through which a trojan horse might be passed." Shows like oprah winfrey and the ellen show and all these daytime talk shows were used as the trojan horse to normalize gay behavior.

"To win over the public, gays must be portrayed as victims in need of protection so that straights will be inclined by reflex to adopt the role of protector."

"For all practical purposes gays should be considered to have been born gay even though sexual orientation for most humans seems to be the product of a complex interaction between innate predispositions and environmental factors during childhood and early adolescence."
We all have innate impulsive sinful impulses it doesn't mean we act on them.

I know many so called 'Christians' who refuse to say homosexuality behavior is a sin because they have gay friends. Pastors are unwilling to talk about it now. There are many denominations popping up as 'all inclusive'. Gay priests, gay pastors, all of the above.

Yes we need to approach this topic lovingly, but the public is not saying it is wrong and hasn't been for many yrs due to this desensitization which was very intentional. I follow 3 different Youtube channels of ex-gays who are using their platform to speak about the harms of the LGBTQ community. They aren't hateful at all. They are all very loving people.
I heartily agree that we should view the issue from the big picture. The 1989 book surely wasn't reacting to a culture that was unconcerned with homosexuality. Cultures that do not have foundational restrictive sexual taboos do not feature significant divergence from the average rates of hetero, homo, and bisexuality found in liberalized restrictive cultures as found in the West. These sexually relaxed cultures (such as found in various Austronesian groups) do have dramatically lower rates of politicized sexuality lobbying and propagandizing.
As for gay pastors, what we have now is increasing rates of openly gay pastors. While we cannot know for certain how many pastors were/are in the closet, there are notable scandals around church leaders being found participating in pretty wild stuff. Which leads me to a related idea, perhaps summed as 'the law works wrath,' wherein we often find in ourselves the tendency to engage in more divergent and destructive sin when we are under the firm hammer of shame. All sin is sin, but that is easy to say while we speak out against the homosexual agenda and then go home and break the sabbath.

InChristAlone

I heartily agree that we should view the issue from the big picture. The 1989 book surely wasn't reacting to a culture that was unconcerned with homosexuality. Cultures that do not have foundational restrictive sexual taboos do not feature significant divergence from the average rates of hetero, homo, and bisexuality found in liberalized restrictive cultures as found in the West. These sexually relaxed cultures (such as found in various Austronesian groups) do have dramatically lower rates of politicized sexuality lobbying and propagandizing.
As for gay pastors, what we have now is increasing rates of openly gay pastors. While we cannot know for certain how many pastors were/are in the closet, there are notable scandals around church leaders being found participating in pretty wild stuff. Which leads me to a related idea, perhaps summed as 'the law works wrath,' wherein we often find in ourselves the tendency to engage in more divergent and destructive sin when we are under the firm hammer of shame. All sin is sin, but that is easy to say while we speak out against the homosexual agenda and then go home and break the sabbath.
I agree toxic shame is a root of all manner of deviance. And the Church has a lot to do with that toxic shame. But so do parents. Were you ever scolded so bad as a child you cried? Just one such event can cause a child to believe they are defective and results in toxic shame, which is so deeply painful that it necessitates covering it up and running away from it and doing things that are contrary to a healthy body mind and soul. My toxic shame event was when I was curious about sexuality and was doing something inappropriate with a friend in my bedroom, my Dad was secretly watching to see what we were doing and then storms in to say my friend needed to go home. My friend was so embarrassed she never came to my house again. I felt deeply shamed during a period of my life that I needed support from my parents on what is healthy sexuality and they were utterly silent and shaming. And that I believe is the source of some of my own issues. God didn't do that to me. He is in fact freeing me from the destructive toxic shame. Humans just suck at being loving and respectful, the Church has it very wrong if they shame people for their wrongdoings. I do think this thread has helped me see that debating morality is the wrong way to go about it. I am sorry if it has caused anyone to feel shamed. I know how deeply painful it is. Truth is we all need the grace and mercy from Jesus Christ. And that is true freedom from shame.

InChristAlone

Attacking people for who they love because of a religion you chose to follow is as disrespectful and gross as it gets.
Where did I attack someone? Another case of putting words in my mouth. I have never attacked someone for choosing to love someone of the same sex. It's the same as when Christians get called women haters for saying it's wrong to kill the unborn. Thanks for being the reminder that persecution of Christians will continue til the end.

Last edited:

Makrosky

Where did I attack someone? Another case of putting words in my mouth. I have never attacked someone for choosing to love someone of the same sex. It's the same as when Christians get called women haters for saying it's wrong to kill the unborn. Thanks for being the reminder that persecution of Christians will continue til the end.
You did attack, why do you lie? And why do you speak in the name of all Christians? You are from some kind of anglo puritan cult, that is not the whole christian world. Not even close.

"abomination", "terrible sins", comparing it to stealing and murdering. And so on. This is what you did a few posts ago.

My last post on this thread.

parallax

I agree toxic shame is a root of all manner of deviance. And the Church has a lot to do with that toxic shame. But so do parents. Were you ever scolded so bad as a child you cried? Just one such event can cause a child to believe they are defective and results in toxic shame, which is so deeply painful that it necessitates covering it up and running away from it and doing things that are contrary to a healthy body mind and soul. My toxic shame event was when I was curious about sexuality and was doing something inappropriate with a friend in my bedroom, my Dad was secretly watching to see what we were doing and then storms in to say my friend needed to go home. My friend was so embarrassed she never came to my house again. I felt deeply shamed during a period of my life that I needed support from my parents on what is healthy sexuality and they were utterly silent and shaming. And that I believe is the source of some of my own issues. God didn't do that to me. He is in fact freeing me from the destructive toxic shame. Humans just suck at being loving and respectful, the Church has it very wrong if they shame people for their wrongdoings. I do think this thread has helped me see that debating morality is the wrong way to go about it. I am sorry if it has caused anyone to feel shamed. I know how deeply painful it is. Truth is we all need the grace and mercy from Jesus Christ. And that is true freedom from shame.
Thank you for being transparent. Blessings.

InChristAlone

You did attack, why do you lie? And why do you speak in the name of all Christians? You are from some kind of anglo puritan cult, that is not the whole christian world. Not even close.

"abomination", "terrible sins", comparing it to stealing and murdering. And so on. This is what you did a few posts ago.

My last post on this thread.
Calling homosexuality a sin is not attacking anyone, but I understand you take it as a personal attack because the culture has convinced you your attractions are your identity. But having attractions are not an identity. God never said you must be attracted to the opposite sex he said do not fornicate and that marriage is between man and woman.

Anyone who claims that they are following Christ yet they are having sex with the same sex is not understanding what it means to follow Christ. If anyone claims to be a Christian yet does not believe the Bible is God's word then that goes against the main doctrine of Christian churches.

Why do you keep labelling me as some quack puritan? Purity IS holy, purity is Christ-like, we are to be like Christ, Jesus was completely without sin his heart was pure not wicked. Of course the culture doesn't like this and I'm being attacked for claiming purity is good. Our culture is completely hedonistic. Just follow what your desires tell you what your emotions tell you what your heart tells you. This is the opposite to being a follower of Christ.

Philippians 4:8
"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."

1 Corinthians 6:9
"Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14 By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also.15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! 16 Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.” 17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. 19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."

We were bought at a price because Jesus who was completely without sin was flogged and crucified so that we would be saved. The first step is to confess you have sinned and fallen short of the glory of the God. And then we are washed and freed from the bondage of our fleshly desires. We are born again in Christ.

BearWithMe

Films and shows are there to achieve multiple things, none of these things are good for you.

HeyThere

Calling homosexuality a sin is not attacking anyone, but I understand you take it as a personal attack because the culture has convinced you your attractions are your identity. But having attractions are not an identity. God never said you must be attracted to the opposite sex he said do not fornicate and that marriage is between man and woman.

Anyone who claims that they are following Christ yet they are having sex with the same sex is not understanding what it means to follow Christ. If anyone claims to be a Christian yet does not believe the Bible is God's word then that goes against the main doctrine of Christian churches.

Why do you keep labelling me as some quack puritan? Purity IS holy, purity is Christ-like, we are to be like Christ, Jesus was completely without sin his heart was pure not wicked. Of course the culture doesn't like this and I'm being attacked for claiming purity is good. Our culture is completely hedonistic. Just follow what your desires tell you what your emotions tell you what your heart tells you. This is the opposite to being a follower of Christ.

Philippians 4:8
"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."

1 Corinthians 6:9
"Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14 By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also.15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! 16 Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.” 17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. 19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."

We were bought at a price because Jesus who was completely without sin was flogged and crucified so that we would be saved. The first step is to confess you have sinned and fallen short of the glory of the God. And then we are washed and freed from the bondage of our fleshly desires. We are born again in Christ.

TL;DR
Also, not interested.

What part of you chose this religion to follow do you not understand? Why don't you go preach to the million other religions about how wrong and sinful they are instead? Your words are YOUR words, and follow the exact bible YOU chose to follow so this is YOUR life to life the way YOU want to live it. Give it a rest, lady. You apparently need therapy because it sounds like you are NOT over your past experience and are resentful that you were forced to "convert back to being straight".

I don't know what your homosexual experience involved that it has haunted you to this day, but mine has been as exciting yet boring as any straight couple's life.

I will say ONCE MORE: DO NOT CONFUSE BEING GAY WITH SOMEONE WHO IS A LIBERAL GAY. 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WORLDS.

BearWithMe

Really none? Do you think any are neutral?
Films are a tool. They can be used to enlighten people, expand their consciousness, improve their lives and the society as a whole. And they can be used to do the opposite.

Films that aims to do the first are not funded and not allowed into mainstream channels (read censored).

Films that do neither are a waste of your time and brainpower, so still net negative.

InChristAlone

TL;DR
Also, not interested.

What part of you chose this religion to follow do you not understand? Why don't you go preach to the million other religions about how wrong and sinful they are instead? Your words are YOUR words, and follow the exact bible YOU chose to follow so this is YOUR life to life the way YOU want to live it. Give it a rest, lady. You apparently need therapy because it sounds like you are NOT over your past experience and are resentful that you were forced to "convert back to being straight".

I don't know what your homosexual experience involved that it has haunted you to this day, but mine has been as exciting yet boring as any straight couple's life.

I will say ONCE MORE: DO NOT CONFUSE BEING GAY WITH SOMEONE WHO IS A LIBERAL GAY. 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WORLDS.
I was not aware that you have same sex attraction, thanks for sharing that with us, it makes sense why you would be against what I am saying. And I want to apologize if I came across as shaming. I preach the word of God, that's all. If religion wasn't allowed on the forum Charlie would have said so. But he happens to also be a man of God and allows freedom of religion here. Praise God!

parallax

Films are a tool. They can be used to enlighten people, expand their consciousness, improve their lives and the society as a whole. And they can be used to do the opposite.

Films that aims to do the first are not funded and not allowed into mainstream channels (read censored).

Films that do neither are a waste of your time and brainpower, so still net negative.
Admittedly, I rarely watch any shows or movies and haven't sat through a movie since 2013. However I have used movies and tv shows for language learning, reaching fluency in several languages by 80% watching entertainment, 15% talking to people in the target language and 5% looking things up in dictionaries. My claims can be questioned, and the percentages are imprecise, but the general point is that films may have some neutral to beneficial aspects, if only in peripheral ways. My basic stance on films is that they are unlikely to be so all-bad or all-benign, and that they can be a neutral tool in the hands of the viewer as much as they can be a nefarius tool in the hands of their authors.

HeyThere

I was not aware that you have same sex attraction, thanks for sharing that with us, it makes sense why you would be against what I am saying. And I want to apologize if I came across as shaming. I preach the word of God, that's all. If religion wasn't allowed on the forum Charlie would have said so. But he happens to also be a man of God and allows freedom of religion here. Praise God!

You have things twisted due to your own "trauma" which shouldn't have been traumatic at all. Especially since children/teens explore and experiment.
The religion you chose to follow decided to punish you for innate loving feelings you had that were given to you by a creator. Ironic, no? When you had those feelings, were they evil and negative? Did you feel mean or angry or want to cause harm? I seriously doubt it.

I am against what you are saying because you are intertwining 2 humans loving each other with promiscuous sex as well as murder LOL, when THAT argument comes up, let's just say feel lucky I gave you as much of my time as I have.

BearWithMe

Admittedly, I rarely watch any shows or movies and haven't sat through a movie since 2013. However I have used movies and tv shows for language learning, reaching fluency in several languages by 80% watching entertainment, 15% talking to people in the target language and 5% looking things up in dictionaries. My claims can be questioned, and the percentages are imprecise, but the general point is that films may have some neutral to beneficial aspects, if only in peripheral ways. My basic stance on films is that they are unlikely to be so all-bad or all-benign, and that they can be a neutral tool in the hands of the viewer as much as they can be a nefarius tool in the hands of their authors.
You can learn a language without letting all the brainwashing and toxic beliefs into your subconscious

BearWithMe

Indeed. In our journey we will hear many voices, and we may cultivate discernment to avoid being swallowed up.
You don't have much control over your subconscious, though. These movies are designed to bypass your discernment.

InChristAlone

You have things twisted due to your own "trauma" which shouldn't have been traumatic at all. Especially since children/teens explore and experiment.
The religion you chose to follow decided to punish you for innate loving feelings you had that were given to you by a creator. Ironic, no? When you had those feelings, were they evil and negative? Did you feel mean or angry or want to cause harm? I seriously doubt it.

I am against what you are saying because you are intertwining 2 humans loving each other with promiscuous sex as well as murder LOL, when THAT argument comes up, let's just say feel lucky I gave you as much of my time as I have.
I wasn't punished, Jesus died on the cross for us so that we aren't punished with eternal death for our sins, his love and mercy covers us. I totally get that you do not view two people in a same sex loving relationship as committing any sin. I myself thought this for many yrs. My husband went to school to be a pastor and he had some experiences in San Fran that was blinding him to the truth of the bible because if there can be a gay pastor who seems to be having the gifts of the Spirit (love joy peace patience, etc) then how could it be wrong? And we believed that up until this past yr when we both dealt with a lot of junk and realized we were following our own truth and not God's truth. And then it was confirmed by three gay and lesbian Christians I follow who speak that same truth and transformation they have had in Christ.

So when I discuss this topic I usually ask do you believe in objective truth? Or do you believe we can all make up our own truth? If you believe we can all make up our own truth then no one can be wrong no matter how outlandish you think their truth is!! But if there is an objective truth, an objective standard we ought to live our lives by then it's universal for all people at all times and never changes. This is what I believe and what millions of Christians believe. That God's truth is never changing and his love is never ending and is a firm foundation for everyone to stand on. It surpasses any earthly fleshly thing. Including our deepest relationships. And I wouldn't trade that Truth for anything.

parallax

You don't have much control over your subconscious, though. These movies are designed to bypass your discernment.
True, many do not cultivate that ability. Most would do best to massively reduce their exposure to what is at base propaganda.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals