Do you think that "they" are trying to program adults & youth via Disney/other films and shows?

HeyThere

I wasn't punished, Jesus died on the cross for us so that we aren't punished with eternal death for our sins, his love and mercy covers us. I totally get that you do not view two people in a same sex loving relationship as committing any sin. I myself thought this for many yrs. My husband went to school to be a pastor and he had some experiences in San Fran that was blinding him to the truth of the bible because if there can be a gay pastor who seems to be having the gifts of the Spirit (love joy peace patience, etc) then how could it be wrong? And we believed that up until this past yr when we both dealt with a lot of junk and realized we were following our own truth and not God's truth. And then it was confirmed by three gay and lesbian Christians I follow who speak that same truth and transformation they have had in Christ.

So when I discuss this topic I usually ask do you believe in objective truth? Or do you believe we can all make up our own truth? If you believe we can all make up our own truth then no one can be wrong no matter how outlandish you think their truth is!! But if there is an objective truth, an objective standard we ought to live our lives by then it's universal for all people at all times and never changes. This is what I believe and what millions of Christians believe. That God's truth is never changing and his love is never ending and is a firm foundation for everyone to stand on. It surpasses any earthly fleshly thing. Including our deepest relationships. And I wouldn't trade that Truth for anything.

Didn't read. I don't subscribe to your religion. You don't get it, do you.

InChristAlone

Didn't read. I don't subscribe to your religion. You don't get it, do you.
I do get it. I am asking you if you believe truth is subjective? If you prefer to bow out of the discussion that is your freedom to do so.

Morgan

I agree toxic shame is a root of all manner of deviance. And the Church has a lot to do with that toxic shame. But so do parents. Were you ever scolded so bad as a child you cried? Just one such event can cause a child to believe they are defective and results in toxic shame, which is so deeply painful that it necessitates covering it up and running away from it and doing things that are contrary to a healthy body mind and soul. My toxic shame event was when I was curious about sexuality and was doing something inappropriate with a friend in my bedroom, my Dad was secretly watching to see what we were doing and then storms in to say my friend needed to go home. My friend was so embarrassed she never came to my house again. I felt deeply shamed during a period of my life that I needed support from my parents on what is healthy sexuality and they were utterly silent and shaming. And that I believe is the source of some of my own issues. God didn't do that to me. He is in fact freeing me from the destructive toxic shame. Humans just suck at being loving and respectful, the Church has it very wrong if they shame people for their wrongdoings. I do think this thread has helped me see that debating morality is the wrong way to go about it. I am sorry if it has caused anyone to feel shamed. I know how deeply painful it is. Truth is we all need the grace and mercy from Jesus Christ. And that is true freedom from shame.
Thank you for having the courage to share something so personal, especially in regards to shame.. The very fear of shame was the thing that stole from me my entire childhood, and it had nothing to do with sexuality, but rather the manner in which I wished to express myself or even the attempt to explore my expression at all. So instead I was cold, detached, "quiet", well behaved, "dead", and then suicidal at various points in my life; all from being unable to find my own personal happiness, to even feel comfortable in the clothes I wear, or my own body. From my father that died early in my life, yet struggled to understand me and wanted to accept what I could be, to my mother who drove like a stake the same Christian rhetoric(how funny that I was baptized by my own choice); and yet still, this had nothing to do with sexuality.. I lived in fear of being myself, and the pointless shame it would bring to the people I cared about.. It was as if they didn't want to see me happy, eventually I accepted and embraced being the "black sheep", and took with a smile any attempts that my own family made to sabotage me or the personal relationships I tried to develop even though I felt perpetually trapped in a lonely cycle..

For me sexuality was something that took a long time to develop, with stages of fluidity and curiosity, from liking both genders, to preferring the sexual honesty or the uplifting attention of men. The thing is though, because I could never be myself I isolated or outright avoided sexuality and socializing in general, it was irrelevant if I couldn't express who I was.

You bring up Corinthians, and I would assume you know that Paul authored it. Paul had an unusual disposition towards culture and society.. as well as shame, and it seems possible that Paul was actually repressing his own sexuality, all while never marrying. The "gift" of celibacy.. much like the gift of starvation.

Romans 7 : 14-25
14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[a] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. 21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

1 Corinthians 11 : 14, NIV : "Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him" --- and yet, ironically, Jesus had long hair, a pointless statement made by a stifled man, who is writing in the "Bible" his ridiculous opinion on society or culture at the time. Who cares, it genuinely gets in the way of what is truly important.

1 Corinthians 14 : 33–35 (NIV) states :
"As in all the congregations of the Lord’s people. Women should remain silent in the churches, They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church." --- Nothing really needs to be said here, I vehemently disagree with it and if I could I would proceed to deconstruct Paul's character while telling him to also perhaps try being "silent and receptive".

1 Corinthians 14 : 36
"What! Did the word of God originate with you, or are you the only ones it has reached?"

1 Timothy 2 : 9-15 (NASB) says :
"Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments, but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness. A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint"

Deuteronomy 22 : 5 ESV
“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God." --- Define "garments", so culturally subjective and yet again, pointless.

Galatians 3 : 28
"There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

I could go on forever. Alas, I don't need to defend nor make Christianity somehow more appealing to anyone, especially since philosophically speaking I disagree with the very act of creation itself; but so many of these statements make it difficult for me to not point out how obscene of an obsession sexuality or expression is among the Abrahamic religions, how culturally opinionated, fickle, and seemingly irrelevant it is. Oh, but it is relevant if you wish to control people..

To return to the topic, there has always been a "programming" narrative to condition a result from the public.. nothing has really changed.

Last edited:

Makrosky

You're now blocked. You just don't get it.
I am blocking her as well. First Rpforum user I ever block. I don't want to be exposed to nazi/religious fanatics bs (emphasis on fanatics, I don't have anything against religious people).

LadyRae

I am blocking her as well. First Rpforum user I ever block. I don't want to be exposed to nazi/religious fanatics bs (emphasis on fanatics, I don't have anything against religious people).
Wow. I just read through this whole thread and I am super shocked at her crazy posts...(inchristalone) thank you for blocking her...

InChristAlone

Not surprising. Jesus was despised and rejected and then crucified. It is not surprising when someone comes preaching His words that they will also be despised and rejected.

InChristAlone

Comparing Christianity to Nazis is horrifying. And I will be reporting your post for bullying.

InChristAlone

Thank you for having the courage to share something so personal, especially in regards to shame.. The very fear of shame was the thing that stole from me my entire childhood, and it had nothing to do with sexuality, but rather the manner in which I wished to express myself or even the attempt to explore my expression at all. So instead I was cold, detached, "quiet", well behaved, "dead", and then suicidal at various points in my life; all from being unable to find my own personal happiness, to even feel comfortable in the clothes I wear, or my own body. From my father that died early in my life, yet struggled to understand me and wanted to accept what I could be, to my mother who drove like a stake the same Christian rhetoric(how funny that I was baptized by my own choice); and yet still, this had nothing to do with sexuality.. I lived in fear of being myself, and the pointless shame it would bring to the people I cared about.. It was as if they didn't want to see me happy, eventually I accepted and embraced being the "black sheep", and took with a smile any attempts that my own family made to sabotage me or the personal relationships I tried to develop even though I felt perpetually trapped in a lonely cycle..

For me sexuality was something that took a long time to develop, with stages of fluidity and curiosity, from liking both genders, to preferring the sexual honesty or the uplifting attention of men. The thing is though, because I could never be myself I isolated or outright avoided sexuality and socializing in general, it was irrelevant if I couldn't express who I was.

You bring up Corinthians, and I would assume you know that Paul authored it. Paul had an unusual disposition towards culture and society.. as well as shame, and it seems possible that Paul was actually repressing his own sexuality, all while never marrying. The "gift" of celibacy.. much like the gift of starvation.

Romans 7 : 14-25
14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[a] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. 21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

1 Corinthians 11 : 14, NIV : "Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him" --- and yet, ironically, Jesus had long hair, a pointless statement made by a stifled man, who is writing in the "Bible" his ridiculous opinion on society or culture at the time. Who cares, it genuinely gets in the way of what is truly important.

1 Corinthians 14 : 33–35 (NIV) states :
"As in all the congregations of the Lord’s people. Women should remain silent in the churches, They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church." --- Nothing really needs to be said here, I vehemently disagree with it and if I could I would proceed to deconstruct Paul's character while telling him to also perhaps try being "silent and receptive".

1 Corinthians 14 : 36
"What! Did the word of God originate with you, or are you the only ones it has reached?"

1 Timothy 2 : 9-15 (NASB) says :
"Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments, but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness. A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint"

Deuteronomy 22 : 5 ESV
“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God." --- Define "garments", so culturally subjective and yet again, pointless.

Galatians 3 : 28
"There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

I could go on forever. Alas, I don't need to defend nor make Christianity somehow more appealing to anyone, especially since philosophically speaking I disagree with the very act of creation itself; but so many of these statements make it difficult for me to not point out how obscene of an obsession sexuality or expression is among the Abrahamic religions, how culturally opinionated, fickle, and seemingly irrelevant it is. Oh, but it is relevant if you wish to control people..

To return to the topic, there has always been a "programming" narrative to condition a result from the public.. nothing has really changed.
Thanks for sharing a moment with me regarding toxic shame. I have so much compassion for those who have been through it. It absolutely can lead to suicide so the fact that people are calling me crazy and being compared to Nazis is downright abusive and thank the Lord I am not suicidal I was somewhat prepared for bullying.

I'm so sorry that you have felt that deep shame. Religion is absolutely a source of it. Though Jesus wasn't shaming at all. He was in fact the most loving gracious merciful human that ever lived. Recall the prostitutes he frequently spent time with. In the new series 'The Chosen' they so beautifully and powerfully show release of toxic shame in the first episode with Mary Magdalene who was a prostitute. He called her by her real name and truly saw her for who she was and she was forever changed. I have never felt so connected to my toxic shame than in that moment. It's overwhelming. I have been crying on and off for almost a yr because I feel so deeply seen.

"Just as I am
You welcome me
With open arms
How can this be?
My guilt is undone
My past is untethered
I leave it behind
And run to my Father
There is no disappointment in Your eyes
There is no shame, there is only pride
I am loved
Father, I'm loved by You (yeah)
So unreserved
Your heart for me
My fear is gone
I am set free
There's nothing to hide
There's nothing to measure
'Cause I am Your child
And that's all that matters (oh)

I am loved
Father, I'm loved by You
There is no distance in Your embrace
Over and over again You say
I am loved
Father, I'm loved by You
Oh, I am loved
Father, I'm loved by You"

A song by Mack Brock 'I am loved"

Morgan

I don't think it is necessary to point at anyone directly considering how prevalent this has become in many places. I believe the increase to these trends is correlated with the decline of the quality of life(in the western world), stressful events as in the start of the "covid" situation, elections, financial or social instability. People need anchors to hold them down in a way, mentally or ideologically; and as capitalism fails fascism seems to historically take its place. It is a dangerous thing to try and remove someone from their anchors, not only that, but it likely requires a certain amount of energy from the individual to change or even question their own beliefs. I'd hope that we would never feel the need to block people and choose to either avoid the topics or engage them if we have the energy or desire to do so. I guess I get a bit of satisfaction in planting seeds, or even diving right into some "Alt Right" discussions and twisting a few minds.

Thanks for sharing a moment with me regarding toxic shame. I have so much compassion for those who have been through it. It absolutely can lead to suicide so the fact that people are calling me crazy and being compared to Nazis is downright abusive and thank the Lord I am not suicidal I was somewhat prepared for bullying.

I'm so sorry that you have felt that deep shame. Religion is absolutely a source of it. Though Jesus wasn't shaming at all. He was in fact the most loving gracious merciful human that ever lived. Recall the prostitutes he frequently spent time with. In the new series 'The Chosen' they so beautifully and powerfully show release of toxic shame in the first episode with Mary Magdalene who was a prostitute. He called her by her real name and truly saw her for who she was and she was forever changed. I have never felt so connected to my toxic shame than in that moment. It's overwhelming. I have been crying on and off for almost a yr because I feel so deeply seen.

"Just as I am
You welcome me
With open arms
How can this be?
My guilt is undone
My past is untethered
I leave it behind
And run to my Father
I am loved
Father, I'm loved by You (yeah)
So unreserved
Your heart for me
My fear is gone
I am set free
There's nothing to hide
There's nothing to measure
'Cause I am Your child
And that's all that matters (oh)

I am loved
Father, I'm loved by You
There is no distance in Your embrace
Over and over again You say
I am loved
Father, I'm loved by You
Oh, I am loved
Father, I'm loved by You"

A song by Mack Brock 'I am loved"
I'm not sure if I entirely blame religion, since it is just a by product of the human condition; there are so many ways that a person can be.. that I was made to be completely alone. The only reason I am even posting here(or found Ray Peat) is because I had a period of my life where I was in a severe state in regards to my health and well being.. I needed help, and when I reached out for it the only answer I heard from my family was "Christ, come to Christ, come back to Christ, Christ". All the while the establishment just wanted to medicate me; every period of continuously insomnia, loss of my well being, and suicidal ideation or actions was answered with "Christ", every desire for me to change my environment or myself was answered with "Christ".. or with money. Any form of professional helped prove itself to be ineffective, a waste of time, or completely incorrect. It would seem for many people the spirit of Christ enters them only to absolve them of all responsibility much like how doling out medication pacifies those that are considered oddities.

And so, the only thing that saved me was anger.

So much pain, so much of a rift between me and the people I cared about all because of some text written in a book by a repressed man.. and I am of "sin" because I am capable of romantically loving anyone, because of how I choose to express myself, because I want to try and enjoy some aspect of the life that was forced upon me.. I hope you will be able to see things differently if someone you love shows to be atypical, or is outside the scope of your understanding, especially since you have experienced how unhealthy shaming can be.

HeyThere

all because of some text written in a book by a [...] man

If some all powerful deity wants me to listen to his/her/its words, then write it. Don't go through mankind, which by nature will twist, mangle, forget, and re-remember things wrongly, out of context, usually by the simple communication thing known as "the telephone game". You know where you have a line of 10 people and the 1st person whispers something into their ear, and by the time it gets to the 10th person it has lost all of its original meaning. Yeah, that. Not to mention mankind, especially with any power, tends to get evil and manipulative.

That person can't grasp the concept that she chose to follow that religion. Period. End of story. Millions of people chose to follow their religion of choice as well.

Funny how people like this are never attacking Atheists for getting married or actual practicing Satanists. No, they attack a same sex couple because of the bull**** they see in media representing THE LEFT/LEFT GAYS. And the left gays can do whatever the hell they want to, but as soon as they read to our children in drag, or any of the other stuff involving children, that's when we have a say.

InChristAlone

I don't think it is necessary to point at anyone directly considering how prevalent this has become in many places. I believe the increase to these trends is correlated with the decline of the quality of life(in the western world), stressful events as in the start of the "covid" situation, elections, financial or social instability. People need anchors to hold them down in a way, mentally or ideologically; and as capitalism fails fascism seems to historically take its place. It is a dangerous thing to try and remove someone from their anchors, not only that, but it likely requires a certain amount of energy from the individual to change or even question their own beliefs. I'd hope that we would never feel the need to block people and choose to either avoid the topics or engage them if we have the energy or desire to do so. I guess I get a bit of satisfaction in planting seeds, or even diving right into some "Alt Right" discussions and twisting a few minds.

I'm not sure if I entirely blame religion, since it is just a by product of the human condition; there are so many ways that a person can be.. that I was made to be completely alone. The only reason I am even posting here(or found Ray Peat) is because I had a period of my life where I was in a severe state in regards to my health and well being.. I needed help, and when I reached out for it the only answer I heard from my family was "Christ, come to Christ, come back to Christ, Christ". All the while the establishment just wanted to medicate me; every period of continuously insomnia, loss of my well being, and suicidal ideation or actions was answered with "Christ", every desire for me to change my environment or myself was answered with "Christ".. or with money. Any form of professional helped prove itself to be ineffective, a waste of time, or completely incorrect. It would seem for many people the spirit of Christ enters them only to absolve them of all responsibility much like how doling out medication pacifies those that are considered oddities.

So much pain, so much of a rift between me and the people I cared about all because of some text written in a book by a repressed man.. and I am of "sin" because I am capable of romantically loving anyone, because of how I choose to express myself, because I want to try and enjoy some aspect of the life that was forced upon me.. I hope you will be able to see things differently if someone you love shows to be atypical, or is outside the scope of your understanding, especially since you have experienced how unhealthy shaming can be.
I can feel the anger you have towards Christians. No the answer to health problems shouldn't be 'Christ', though I have known of many who were healed through prayer, many are not and we need to admit that. Jesus never said he would heal everyone, he did many miraculous healings, but he never said that if you follow him all your prayers will be answered. In fact to follow him one must take up his own cross. That doesn't mean suffering is a given, but it does mean we will face hardship in our life. Our church did a talk on mental health this last week and he pointed out how badly Christians are doing when it comes to it. Saying 'just have more faith' to someone who is deeply hurting isn't the answer. We can be supportive of people in lots of ways that don't have anything to do with telling someone to just pray more. I'm sorry you had that experience.

I personally found a lot of help from a book called 'Healing the Shame that Binds You'. I have quoted from it here a few times and it resonated with some people. When we think we are defective we either become less than human and check out of life become addicted or suicidal (good example was Mary Magdalene) or more than human and perfectionist seeking to control everything (the Pharisees were clearly more than human).

Controlling religious leaders are not Christ followers, they are more like the Pharisees who Jesus rebuked the most. Political fascism isn't following Christ either. I really hope those who are curious what it means to be a Christ follower will read Matthew Mark Luke and John of the Bible. That is Jesus' ministry and it is nothing like what you see from most religious people.

I hope for all of you that you see just how much you are loved.

InChristAlone

Disney employee arrested in human trafficking operation:

ThinPicking

Like, that isn't the horn of Satan. The ones with index and pinky finger is to ward off the evil eye. It's the opposite of Satan. It's the same thing musicians do. Ronnie James Dio started it. It's Catholic in nature.

The one with the thumb means I love you. Not Satanic. Really.
Pretty sure that's false, pretty sure it is what it looks like.

Bram Stoker used the myth of Dracula to popularise it as a charm against the Evil Eye, and allegedly he was a Tribe of the Bull descendant. Many of them try to cloak it with fake meanings. Or they're too mindless to care what they're doing. Much like I used to be when throwing it at gigs/festivals.

These days I still throw it or something similar, but knowing the context. Any apt moment when I'm dancing with the devil so to speak. At least that ought to let anyone paying attention know I shouldn't be trusted at those times. Usually where there's vice or other distraction.

Allegedly the bible itself is quite specific about trusting in God and not requiring some charm to guard against evil. I've never read the whole thing in order.

parallax

Thank you for your candor.

InChristAlone

TheCalciumCad

Be careful with Teal Swan! She is definitely into the New Age. Manifestation is getting into witchcraft. I was into her for about 6 months because she is so alluring... And that is how the new age works. Lures you in.
" she is so alluring..." tell me about it :tongue::tongue::tongue:

JamesGatz

Walt Disney was an evil Mason so subsequently everything Disney puts out will have their symbolism - a perfect example: GRAVITY FALLS:

Stan wearing a Fez Hat and always covering one eye - oh and at the end of the show you find out Stan is "not what he seems" and leads a completely double life and has some secret lab/portal in his basement:

4249F17A-0064-40C8-A4F8-D05F0C06CEE6.jpeg

1DFB25B4-C1C9-482F-9EB1-F88E18586390.jpeg

Dipper's real name is 'Mason'

20D52857-7C47-4980-BD7D-BD7AB7523299.jpeg

Stan has 2 Owl clocks

AA7434EC-0ED5-40C4-9A3C-AD9462E8F521.jpeg

The villain - Bill Cypher - is an All-seeing eye inside of a triangle - this pattern appears EVERYWHERE:

10F8CBEA-2BF9-4BF1-912F-CED624E83077.jpeg

57513A5E-F7C4-41E0-9854-67C777E7061E.jpeg

7EA99908-AC32-4697-9EB1-739B219DFEC4.jpeg

The Mystery Shack used to be called "Murder Hut"

DD0A08CF-72AB-44D7-896F-E52F2582ED76.jpeg

The Enchanted Forest is a park in Salem Oregon - named after the Salem Witch Trials:

AB524905-34C7-410C-BB61-353A3602099D.jpeg

77B0CB8F-81DE-4486-9EB1-24375244A699.jpeg

Theres A LOT more but you get the point

This show especially -Out of anything Disney ever put out - this show is CRAWLING with Masonic symbolism

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals