Do I have hypothyroidism?

ReSTART

This my blood work. I have cold hands, fatigue, low energy, bad sleep. Temperatures seem normal.

TSH
2015 - 2.0
2018 - 1.0
2019 - 2.3
2021 - 1.3

Free T4
2019 - 12.3

mostlylurking

Can't tell much. The test is incomplete. There's no T3, reverse T3. Providing the ranges would be helpful. Your TSH is not in a good spot; would be better if less than 1.

Taking record of your temperature and pulse with a reliable thermometer is helpful. It shows more than the blood work. Old fashioned mercury thermometers are more reliable than the digital ones.

mostlylurking

This my blood work. I have cold hands, fatigue, low energy, bad sleep. Temperatures seem normal.

TSH
2015 - 2.0
2018 - 1.0
2019 - 2.3
2021 - 1.3

Free T4
2019 - 12.3
Can't tell much. The test is incomplete. There's no T3, reverse T3. Providing the ranges would be helpful. Your TSH is not in a good spot; would be better if less than 1.

Taking record of your temperature and pulse with a reliable thermometer is helpful. It shows more than the blood work. Old fashioned mercury thermometers are more reliable than the digital ones.

OP
R

ReSTART

I’ll ask my doctor for T3 and reverse T3 next appointment.

Temperature is 37.7c with ear thermometer at mid-day, hands are cool. Better thermometer arriving soon.

Cold hands, low energy, and bad sleep are indicative of hypothyroidism. Does eating carbs/sugar change your temperature? What's your diet like? Did/do you eat a lot of PUFAs (seed/vegetable oils, fatty fish, chicken/pork fat, etc)?

OP
R

ReSTART

Cold hands, low energy, and bad sleep are indicative of hypothyroidism. Does eating carbs/sugar change your temperature? What's your diet like? Did/do you eat a lot of PUFAs (seed/vegetable oils, fatty fish, chicken/pork fat, etc)?
I think so, I haven’t tested it.

Diet is variable, I usually have little PUFA, no seed/vegetable oils, no pork. I think my main problem is I don’t eat enough, my digestion is pretty bad. I get bad silent reflux when I eat a lot, which I hate.

After I get another blood test, I should try eating a lot of calories.

OP
R

ReSTART

Here are the reference ranges.

TSH 0.3 - 3.5
Free T4 - 9.0 - 19.0

I have some TyroMax, I’ll try some after I get another blood test. Should I just start with one grain?

Here are the reference ranges.

TSH 0.3 - 3.5
Free T4 - 9.0 - 19.0

I have some TyroMax, I’ll try some after I get another blood test. Should I just start with one grain?
I'd start with even less, like 1/2 or 2/3rds of a grain if possible, then see how you feel after a week

OP
R

ReSTART

I'd start with even less, like 1/2 or 2/3rds of a grain if possible, then see how you feel after a week
Doctor said Medicare (Australian healthcare) won’t pay for T3 test because TSH is in range.

I took half a grain of NDT, noticed a mild effect, hands are warmer but definitely not hot.

OP
R

ReSTART

He can give me the test, it’s just I’d have to pay.

I’ll try a full grain in the morning.

OP
R

ReSTART

I took a full grain of NDT this morning, felt good and hands were warmer for 5-6 hours. Back to normal after 12 hours.

edit the NDT is over two years old, do you think it’s degraded?

Last edited:
OP
R

ReSTART

Took one grain of NDT today, feeling better than usual. Hands are warmer than usual but not hot.

Good thermometer should arrive this week then I’ll start posting temperatures.

edit the T4 takes a while to build up in your system, which is why they say thyroid supplements take a while to start working? Is that correct?

I know the T3 is active thyroid and works immediately

Last edited:
OP
R

ReSTART

Didn’t take any thyroid today. Got the glass oral thermometer today. Digital ear thermometer was reading 37.9c while the glass thermometer gave me 37.1c, huge difference (5pm reading).

OP
R

ReSTART

First morning temperature (10am) with good thermometer! It’s 36.1c/97f.

Didn’t take any thyroid yesterday. I’m going to take a grain today. I think it’s been making me feel better, but only for about 6-7 hours, which makes sense because that’s around the peak absorption time of the T3...

OP
R

ReSTART

Had some food and 1 grain of NDT 30 minutes ago, temperature is 37.1c/98.8f (3:30pm).
You can get any side effects from thyroid supps?
Not yet, I’ve been only taking 1 grain for a few days. I guess I will if I up the dose considerably.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals