Hypothyroid or not , any ideas?

mostlylurking

Reducing unbound iron: If you want to understand more there are a large number of papers to read under Root Cause Protocol | Reverse Inflammation | Morley Robbins
I had a ferritin of over 374ng ml as you'll see above initially.

I take 25mg of oridinary b6 within my B complex, but I have tried p5p for 3 months and noticed no benefit. therefore it's unlikely i am b6 deficient.

I think you had a clear B1 deficiency issue, especially with lactate build up without even exercising. I am glad you found relief. As mentioned above I titrated up to 1500mg of B1 HCL + 600mg of allithiamine over a period of 8 months and noticed no difference to that lactate issue i have in my thighs or sleep or carpal tunnel. I did initially notice digestion improving and sleep (improve) but i still wake 3-4 times a night.
This conversation has reminded me to mix hcl back in again though
Sorry I can't be more help.

Have you investigated food sensitivities? Perhaps keeping a food diary for a while might help. For me, if I eat any nightshade (tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) I get hit with joint inflammation within 24 hours so tracking down the problem wasn't very hard to do. But sometimes an offending food can take 2-4 days to cause a problem; that is a lot harder to figure out.

I also take a pretty high dose (40mg) of progesterone daily orally. I think that this has also helped tame my inflammation by getting my estrogen way down. I was very strongly estrogen dominant which added to my problem.

Thanks for the link; I'm downloading their handbook, will take a look.

Dr. B

I was unable to function. the lactic acid was very bad, no attempt at exercise was necessary; it was constant and unrelenting. It hurt to try to roll over in bed. I could barely walk across the room.

What you are describing is how I was for decades. Then I got more damaged via Bactrim antibiotic in 2020 which blocked my thiamine function further and almost killed me.
Here's a study: Severe lactic acidosis reversed by thiamine within 24 hours - Critical Care

It was my understanding that carpal tunnel is supposed to be caused by a B-6 deficiency. I've read that thiamine deficiency interferes with b6 somehow. Here's a study you might find helpful: B Vitamins in the nervous system: Current knowledge of the biochemical modes of action and synergies of thiamine, pyridoxine, and cobalamin

Maybe try taking a good b-complex? The b vitamins seem to need each other to work well. In addition to the 2 grams of thiamine hcl, I also take a b-complex, some magnesium and I drink orange juice for the potassium as these things work with the thiamine.
do you think antibacterials like olive leaf extract or activated charcoal could negatively effect thiamine function or deplete it? of course, you shouldnt use supplements alongside the charcoal but do you think those are fine to use otherwise

Dr. B

Sorry I can't be more help.

Have you investigated food sensitivities? Perhaps keeping a food diary for a while might help. For me, if I eat any nightshade (tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) I get hit with joint inflammation within 24 hours so tracking down the problem wasn't very hard to do. But sometimes an offending food can take 2-4 days to cause a problem; that is a lot harder to figure out.

I also take a pretty high dose (40mg) of progesterone daily orally. I think that this has also helped tame my inflammation by getting my estrogen way down. I was very strongly estrogen dominant which added to my problem.

Thanks for the link; I'm downloading their handbook, will take a look.
Thiamine in foods can be degraded in a variety of ways. Sulfites, which are added to foods usually as a preservative,[39] will attack thiamine at the methylene bridge in the structure, cleaving the pyrimidine ring from the thiazole ring.[12] The rate of this reaction is increased under acidic conditions. Thiamine is degraded by thermolabile thiaminases (present in raw fish and shellfish).[11] Some thiaminases are produced by bacteria. Bacterial thiaminases are cell surface enzymes that must dissociate from the membrane before being activated; the dissociation can occur in ruminants under acidotic conditions. Rumen bacteria also reduce sulfate to sulfite, therefore high dietary intakes of sulfate can have thiamine-antagonistic activities.

Plant thiamine antagonists are heat-stable and occur as both the ortho- and para-hydroxyphenols. Some examples of these antagonists are caffeic acid, chlorogenic acid, and tannic acid. These compounds interact with the thiamine to oxidize the thiazole ring, thus rendering it unable to be absorbed. Two flavonoids, quercetin and rutin, have also been implicated as thiamine antagonists

the caffeic acid and others are concerning. would a caffeine supplement contain caffeic acid or those other acids, or can we use caffeine supplements alongside thiamine supplements...? i think rutin and quercetin are both in orange juice

Saba

What's the most natural type for me to try such a low dose on ?
In the US Nature-Throid is common by prescription. The natural Thai brands I ordered were Thyroid-S and Thiroyd. I'm not sure if they are better than the synthetic. Dr Peat uses the synthetic Cynoplus from Mexico, and some people in my family use that as well, with success.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom