David Hogg is more or less “dangerous” than Greta Thurberg?

OP
Peatful

Peatful

OK, one point at a time. Do you believe CO2 creates a greenhouse effect, and is warming the earth, leading to climate extremes? Scientists (the vast majority of them) have been warning about this since at least the 1950's, including Big OIl scientists who decided to hide their findings. That anybody still does not believe this totally baffles me.
I stated what I believe above already
That these are evil agendas

I also “believe” in chemtrails and weather manipulation

If any one has interest -
Look at the Parkland shooting in 2018
That’s the Florida HS where David was off of school that day
But quickly became famous
Before his illustrious acceptance in Harvard of course

It’s hard to find the true facts of that day
But there are some based accounts of Hogg (and Cruz) around the web

Once you see it
You can’t unsee it

Layne

it should highlight the absolute inanity of reducing climate change down to a gas that makes up 0.04% of the atmosphere.
I thought since you believe so strongly that CO2 doesn't cause a warming of the atmosphere, you would choose a persuasive video that would attempt to prove it did. So I decided to watch it (against my better judgment), to see how it would counter the scientific fact that CO2 creates a greenhouse effect in the atmosphere, inducing a warming of the planet. He never even mentioned CO2! I was not impressed.

Layne

If any one has interest -
Look at the Parkland shooting in 2018
That’s the Florida HS where David was off of school that day
But quickly became famous
Before his illustrious acceptance in Harvard of course
So what the hell are you saying (or insidiously insinuating)? That David was somehow privy to the fact that a deranged gunman was going to his high school that day to kill his classmates, and he had some kind of plan to avert it by staying home, and not report it, and instead turn it into some kind of way to further his way in the world? And become famous? If that's what you're saying, which it sure seems like it is, then you are completely out of your mind, and don't deserve to be on this forum. What you're doing is absolutely disgraceful, and needs to be called out in the strongest terms. Have you no shame? Get your ***t together!

mayku-T-meelo

scientific fact that CO2 creates a greenhouse effect in the atmosphere
This is not a scientific fact, but a misguided construct that is being spread all over.

Attaching a pdf on topic, if you care to read this paper by late Fred Goldberg.

Attachments

• Goldberg.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

TAG145

Forum Supporter
There is no way you are this naive. "Perceive, Think, Act"?

Climate change is caused by the sun not our friend CO2.

Gun violence has been increasing since SSRIs were introduced.

As you've been here since 2019 I'm sure you're deeply, deeply familiar with Ray's work, and won't need me to explain those points to you.

By the way: Without oil, you, me, and everyone on this forum is dead. Fertilisers, pesticides, herbicides, all come from oil feedstocks. That's before you even factor in the farming, processing, packaging, distribution and refrigeration. There's your sweet kind activist for you.
Thank you for taking the time to respond to this. “Perceive, think, act”. Yes. For these topics. I’m not sure how people can believe the silliness of man made climate change. Earth being billions of years old and we have 150 years of data. We will have another ice age, just like when Chicago was under 3000 ft of ice 20,000 y ago. We are but a speck in time and in the universe.

😎

Attachments

• IMG_0928.jpeg
    IMG_0928.jpeg
    38.2 KB · Views: 20

Peater

Thank you for taking the time to respond to this. “Perceive, think, act”. Yes. For these topics. I’m not sure how people can believe the silliness of man made climate change. Earth being billions of years old and we have 150 years of data. We will have another ice age, just like when Chicago was under 3000 ft of ice 20,000 y ago. We are but a speck in time and in the universe.

Thank you. Yes, we are in an inter-glacial period at the moment.

Layne

it should highlight the absolute inanity of reducing climate change down to a gas that makes up 0.04% of the atmosphere.

I have to say, the denialism of man-made climate change I'm seeing on this thread has been a real eye-opener. I'd been aware that many people still deny this, but I've never seen it discussed like I have here. What's been even more of an eye-opener is the level of anger I'm seeing being directed toward people who do believe in climate change, and the willingness to disparage them on a public forum. That I wasn't prepared for. -- To stick with climate change however, I'll address the .04% CO2 that makes up the earth's atmosphere, and the notion that such a small number could have any impact.

Chlorofluorocarbons, which were determined to be primarily responsible for ozone depletion, and that became strictly regulated by international treaties (Monreal Protocol), make up .000004 of the atmosphere, or roughly 1/10,000 that of CO2. Do people on this forum who deny climate change being caused by a small percentage of CO2, also deny that ozone depletion can take place by CFCs at 1/10,000 the concentration of CO2? I'm really curious to know, and/or whether people here have even considered it. CFCs btw, are much more potent greenhous gases than CO2, and even though are a much smaller percentage of the atmosphere, actually cause about 20% of the global warming warming that CO2 does.

Also, btw, I've seen from two different sources that if there were no greenhous gases in the atmosphere, the average temperature on earth would be around -18 degrees C, or around 0 degrees F. So thank goodness there is a greenhouse effect, otherwise the earth would be mostly uninhabitable. For those that are interested, scientists have been able to measure the level of CO2 in the atmosphere going back 800,000, and have been able to chart these levels (only takes a few seconds to see the chart). I guess I'll just ask a very simple, straightforward question: "Do people here deny that CO2 in the atmosphere has any effect whatsoever on earth temperatures?

I don't really understand how people can look closely at the science, and believe the rise in atmospheric CO2 levels caused by humankind have not contributed to rising earth temperatures. I'll even add that it's quite perplexing. But we're all free to believe what we want, and I'm OK with that. What I'm not OK with, is demonizing and namecalling of those who believe contrary to our own beliefs. When people resort to that kind of behavior, it makes me think they aren't as confident in their scientific thinking as they pretend to be.

Last edited:

Mauritio

Peater

I have to say, the denialism of man-made climate change I'm seeing on this thread has been a real eye-opener. I'd been aware that many people still deny this, but I've never seen it discussed like I have here. What's been even more of an eye-opener is the level of anger I'm seeing being directed toward people who do believe in climate change, and the willingness to disparage them on a public forum. That I wasn't prepared for. -- To stick with climate change however, I'll address the .04% CO2 that makes up the earth's atmosphere, and the notion that such a small number could have any impact.

Chlorofluorocarbons, which were determined to be primarily responsible for ozone depletion, and that became strictly regulated by international treaties (Monreal Protocol), make up .000004 of the atmosphere, or roughly 1/10,000 that of CO2. Do people on this forum who deny climate change being caused by a small percentage of CO2, also deny that ozone depletion can take place by CFCs at 1/10,000 the concentration of CO2? I'm really curious to know, and/or whether people here have even considered it. CFCs btw, are much more potent greenhous gases than CO2, and even though are a much smaller percentage of the atmosphere, actually cause about 20% of the global warming warming that CO2 does.

Also, btw, I've seen from two different sources that if there were no greenhous gases in the atmosphere, the average temperature on earth would be around -18 degrees C, or around 0 degrees F. So thank goodness there is a greenhouse effect, otherwise the earth would be mostly uninhabitable. For those that are interested, scientists have been able to measure the level of CO2 in the atmosphere going back 800,000, and have been able to chart these levels (only takes a few seconds to see the chart). I guess I'll just ask a very simple, straightforward question: "Do people here deny that CO2 in the atmosphere has any effect whatsoever on earth temperatures?

I don't really understand how people can look closely at the science, and believe the rise in atmospheric CO2 levels caused by humankind have not contributed to rising earth temperatures. I'll even add that it's quite perplexing. But we're all free to believe what we want, and I'm OK with that. What I'm not OK with, is demonizing and namecalling of those who believe contrary to our own beliefs. When people resort to that kind of behavior, it makes me think they aren't as confident in their scientific thinking as they pretend to be.

Well that's fascinating, have fun with your cult but I'm afraid I have no interest in this discussion with you.

All the best shilling for an authoritarian control structure to deal with the menace of CO2, here on RPF. You'll be fine.

Attachments

• laughing guy.gif
    laughing guy.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
OP
Peatful

Peatful

Id like to propose Bjorn Lomborg as an anti-dote.
If he’s the
It’s real because they did it guy

Yes
I agree

Chemtrails
Weather manipulation
Blah blah blah

If they had the technology to put a hurricane in NYC on 9/10/2001
Imagine what they can do now

Don

Climate change and global warming is only about taxes and control, please dont be so naive. "Science" is the new religion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals