Concussions

DaveFoster

I recently had a mild TBI (traumatic brain injury) about three days ago, specifically a concussion. I've had a persistent headache, but the effects are somewhat mild. I've been taking a lot of cyproheptadine and taking it easy.

Anyone know how to treat concussions? I feel pretty miserable at the moment.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Permissive hypercapnia is often used in the ICU in severe head injury cases to keep brain swelling down so perhaps some bag breathing would help in your situation? Peat wrote about this in one of his articles on CO2. I can't imagine it would hurt anything. It might be worth a shot to try it a few times a day for a couple minutes and stopping at the point when it becomes uncomfortable. Perhaps others will have additional suggestions. I hope you feel better soon.

kaybb

I helped my friend during her recooperation from having a brain tumor surgically removed. The doctor told us any brain trama takes a lot of time to heal and sleeping a lot both night and day aids the healing.

shartwell

I recently had a mild TBI (traumatic brain injury) about three days ago, specifically a concussion. I've had a persistent headache, but the effects are somewhat mild. I've been taking a lot of cyproheptadine and taking it easy.

Anyone know how to treat concussions? I feel pretty miserable at the moment.
homeopathic arnica 200c every hour depending on severity. Back off remedy when feeling better and get to an AK chiropractor who does cranial adj. Do not take this lightly.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Bag breathing helps a bit. Cyproheptadine seems to be keeping inflammation down. I've been taking around 32 mg/day, which is too much, and I'll drop it down when I recover. I ordered some arnica even though I don't put any value in homeopathy.

EDIT: I'll be trying very high doses of niacinamide, as Peat says it specifically helps in this kind of situation. I'm aiming for 15 g spread throughout the day.

Last edited:

Astolfo

@DaveFoster

How is your concussion? Which symptoms you were having and how long it took to recover completely?

Also, if you don’t mind, can I ask how severe the impact was?

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster

How is your concussion? Which symptoms you were having and how long it took to recover completely?

Also, if you don’t mind, can I ask how severe the impact was?
It was probably a concussion but never confirmed. While on a university campus, I rode my bike across a sidewalk about five feet across. I was going probably four or five miles per hour. About 300 feet away, another student faced me walking in the middle of the sidewalk. Without looking up, he texted until we met each other, so I swerved around him but my tires lost traction on the wet grass adjacent to the sidewalk. I fell and bashed my head against the pavement. He looked back and saw me curled on the ground but kept walking. After the accident, I do remember another person later coming and asking me if I was alright. I also remember light-headedness and a dazed state, almost dreamlike and not in pain. The lack of pain suggested a concussion with the release of endorphins.

A local university research team actually reached out to me afterwards, and I underwent testing for any improvements in cognition and reflexes. If I recall, over a period of about a few weeks, all of my tests showed improvement. I believe I took hydergine around the same time to help with the healing, as well as arnica. The hydergine increases cerebral bloodflow, whereas TBI decreases the same.

Last edited:

Astolfo

It was probably a concussion but never confirmed. While on a university campus, I rode my bike across a sidewalk about five feet across. I was going probably four or five miles per hour. About 300 feet away, another student faced me walking in the middle of the sidewalk. Without looking up, he texted until we met each other, so I swerved around him but my tires lost traction on the wet grass adjacent to the sidewalk. I fell and bashed my head against the pavement. He looked back and saw me curled on the ground but kept walking. After the accident, I do remember another person later coming and asking me if I was alright. I also remember light-headedness and a dazed state, almost dreamlike and not in pain. The lack of pain suggested a concussion with the release of endorphins.

A local university research team actually reached out to me afterwards, and I underwent testing for any improvements in cognition and reflexes. If I recall, over a period of about a few weeks, all of my tests showed improvement. I believe I took hydergine around the same time to help with the healing, as well as arnica. The hydergine increases cerebral bloodflow, whereas TBI decreases the same.

Too bad, I don’t have access to hydergine or arnica. Do you have any idea to increase cerebral blood flow other than using these meds?

Also, did you mean an improvement or a complete recovery?

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Too bad, I don’t have access to hydergine or arnica. Do you have any idea to increase cerebral blood flow other than using these meds?

Also, did you mean an improvement or a complete recovery?
I don't know if I've recovered fully, as my brain's still developing and has been constantly growing since the event. We constantly change anyway, and the brain can regenerate and degenerate over time, but the damage from a concussion isn't reversible with our current medical knowledge.

Astolfo

I don't know if I've recovered fully, as my brain's still developing and has been constantly growing since the event. We constantly change anyway, and the brain can regenerate and degenerate over time, but the damage from a concussion isn't reversible with our current medical knowledge.

Damn.

Thanks for replies, dave.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals