Is Swelling Necessary For Brain Repair?

achillea

Yesterday I talked to a young woman who was helping me with my land line phone. Of course she wanted to sell me on a cell phone. Cell phones do not interest me because we have investigated their health effects especially to the brain and DNA and proteins.
She was aware of the dangers but only superficially. She said she would not let her child use it but even though she was aware of the detrimental effects, she said" Oh well, I could never live without my cell phone. I will never give it up."

We have a feeling that most if not all of the Ray Peat forum has a cell phone and/or wi fi and will not admit that they may be effecting their health. Please tell us we are wrong.

Not all of life is totally controlled by bio-chemical that can be controlled by food. It is hard to admit but our modern conveniences could be the very source of our demise. Never forget the Georgia guide stones. If their messaget doesn't give you a headache nothing will!

Our society is out of control. I see a lot of threads on loss of libido, ED, hair loss all of which environment is directly responsible. Sperm count in men has plummeted to 50% of the total which existed in 1970. Today the average 25 year old has the sperm count of a 70 year old in 1970.

Yes the food is different but so is the EMF around us and in us.

OP
T

tara

HI @achillea,
It wouldn't surprise me if excessive EMF could be a stress factor along with various others.

I know I've had some vicious migraines when I've been many miles from civilisation, before cellphones or wifi routers were ubiquitous and before I or my hiking companions had them, and when I've been camping in areas where i think the EMF intensity would have been much lower (outside cellphone coverage, cook hut with electricity serving a wide area, and a few caravans with solar cells etc.)
But it seems common for migraines and headaches to be multi-factorial - when the cumulative burden crosses some threshold, it tips over. So this could be one of the factors. I'd not come across the idea of the skull itself being tuned to vibrate to the EMF (not discounting the possibility). I think some frequencies can likely affect the cells in the softer tissues too.

Personally, I'd like to have the opportunity to run a personal experiment of a decent length of time - like 3 months or so - where I get to actually apply all the things that I think would be helpful. Meet basic needs every day and have a decent break from difficult life stresses.

achillea

I am wondering if the brain becomes entrained somehow. Can the fear or expectation of a frequent headache produce the conditions for one to happen. Is the brain trained to do certain things? Of course. Like my wife can wake up in the middle of the night at the same time expecting she will have her nightly headache. Sometimes when she wakes up there is no headache but the expectation of the headache then sometimes causes her to get one,

Anthoney Peak is a British writer who is a migrainer and is trying to see if there is something his brain is doing at the time of a migraine that he can utilize. It is quite fascinating. He always wanted to write a book and when he and his wife felt comfortable enough he took a year off to write a book, the only thing is he did not know what he wanted to write. He sat down at the computer and felt the aura of a migraine coming on and he just went with it. From this his brain informed him to write about de se vu. Which when he started to do his migraine went away. Strange indeed. For your info William Blake was a migrainer according to Anthoney Peak.

Granted EMF is a factor and could be a causative factor. It is huge the way it is effecting us all. A friend of mine is a brain surgeon and he said the number of brain problems is going up and he blames it on the EMF. microwave etc, especially the people who hold their phones to their ear. Barry Trower another Englishman retired physicist who specialized in microwave weaponry said the cell phone is so dangerous he doesn't even like being near a person using one. He f=says it may not show this year or next year but in twenty years when a girl is having her first baby the chances of malformations are incredibly high.

OP
T

tara

I am wondering if the brain becomes entrained somehow. Can the fear or expectation of a frequent headache produce the conditions for one to happen. Is the brain trained to do certain things?
I was told by a physio when I was getting treatment for a different injury that nerves can develop and become accustomed to transmitting pain even after the original cause has recovered.

achillea

I would advise to go to sophiahealthclinic.com then resources and videos 2 and 3 where Dr Klinghardt is talking about brain lymphatic drainage and the advantages for headaches, dementia and other maladies. It is easy and used all the time in Germany. Take a look, it is another advantage to add on.

Hugh Johnson

Yesterday I talked to a young woman who was helping me with my land line phone. Of course she wanted to sell me on a cell phone. Cell phones do not interest me because we have investigated their health effects especially to the brain and DNA and proteins.
She was aware of the dangers but only superficially. She said she would not let her child use it but even though she was aware of the detrimental effects, she said" Oh well, I could never live without my cell phone. I will never give it up."

We have a feeling that most if not all of the Ray Peat forum has a cell phone and/or wi fi and will not admit that they may be effecting their health. Please tell us we are wrong.

Not all of life is totally controlled by bio-chemical that can be controlled by food. It is hard to admit but our modern conveniences could be the very source of our demise. Never forget the Georgia guide stones. If their messaget doesn't give you a headache nothing will!

Our society is out of control. I see a lot of threads on loss of libido, ED, hair loss all of which environment is directly responsible. Sperm count in men has plummeted to 50% of the total which existed in 1970. Today the average 25 year old has the sperm count of a 70 year old in 1970.

Yes the food is different but so is the EMF around us and in us.
Most of us just want to live life. I am not going to become a hermit without a smartphone because of a little radiation.

achillea

Most of us just want to live life. I am not going to become a hermit without a smartphone because of a little radiation.

Have you ever listened to Dr. Peat on how a little radiation effects the body? How about a little radiation for hours a day at the orifice to your head.
As I said earlier it may not be for years you feel the effects. To paraphrase Wilbur Wright " the man who works only for the present and for the benefits of the present is a fool"

Hugh Johnson

Have you ever listened to Dr. Peat on how a little radiation effects the body? How about a little radiation for hours a day at the orifice to your head.
As I said earlier it may not be for years you feel the effects. To paraphrase Wilbur Wright " the man who works only for the present and for the benefits of the present is a fool"
I'll still die. It makes little sense to overinvest in a body that will breakdown no matter what. It is a self-absorbed quest for immortality rather than spendin that health and energy to do something meaningful.

Besides, the orifices I spend time in are probably not too highly irradiated.

achillea

I'll still die. It makes little sense to overinvest in a body that will breakdown no matter what. It is a self-absorbed quest for immortality rather than spendin that health and energy to do something meaningful.

Besides, the orifices I spend time in are probably not too highly irradiated.

Far be it for me to try to convince anyone of the path they should take.

Your words remind me of my thoughts when I was a younger man. Now that I am an older man I am glad I took care when I was a younger man . Age and aging does play a part in how you relate to life and feel about life. People of my generation are as you say breaking down before our eyes. It is very disconcerting to watch this in their older age. My idea of a good conversation is not about doctor visits and their next surgery but that is how it is.

I understand the addictive convenience of the cell phone, Wi-Fi world but the facts are it is dangerous, proven to be dangerous and why be in danger if you do not need to?

Life goes by. We live in a resort area and people come here from all over the world to behold the beauty. It amazes me to see them not looking at the mountains and waterfalls and fresh air but looking at their palms and texting. When we walk down a path next to a river with splendor all about, and someone approaches, more times than not they are on their phone talking to the people where they live. They do not even see us.

The Japanese did a study on the brain with electrodes and electronic recording devices. When a person looked into another persons eye it took 1/10 second to illicit a response of endorphins and pleasure, yet if they ignored the other person and passed like trains in the night there was nothing.

Methinks that now that you know the cell phone radiation, w ifi and microwaves effect your brain you can ignore me but it will never be the same.

Hugh Johnson

Far be it for me to try to convince anyone of the path they should take.

Your words remind me of my thoughts when I was a younger man. Now that I am an older man I am glad I took care when I was a younger man . Age and aging does play a part in how you relate to life and feel about life. People of my generation are as you say breaking down before our eyes. It is very disconcerting to watch this in their older age. My idea of a good conversation is not about doctor visits and their next surgery but that is how it is.

I understand the addictive convenience of the cell phone, Wi-Fi world but the facts are it is dangerous, proven to be dangerous and why be in danger if you do not need to?

Life goes by. We live in a resort area and people come here from all over the world to behold the beauty. It amazes me to see them not looking at the mountains and waterfalls and fresh air but looking at their palms and texting. When we walk down a path next to a river with splendor all about, and someone approaches, more times than not they are on their phone talking to the people where they live. They do not even see us.

The Japanese did a study on the brain with electrodes and electronic recording devices. When a person looked into another persons eye it took 1/10 second to illicit a response of endorphins and pleasure, yet if they ignored the other person and passed like trains in the night there was nothing.

Methinks that now that you know the cell phone radiation, w ifi and microwaves effect your brain you can ignore me but it will never be the same.
You are an arrogant and self-absorbed person. I know plenty, and have known for a long time. I just have things in life beyond my own selfish pleasures.

achillea

To get back to migraines/headaches and working together on them...........

It appears thatt he same lack of understanding in research about pain is also in headaches/migraines. The idea of brain entrainment is considered fringe yet has been extensively studied but the USA's so called security agencies as far back as the late 1940's.

Their research of course was involved with control, ie Manchurian candidate, or confusion or infliction of pain. The first time brain entrainment came out publically was when President Nixon complained of wanting to cry when he stayed in the Embassy in USSR. Ir appears the KGB was hitting him with some emotional EMF brain entrainment waves causing the crying. Recently it was done by the military during the Iraq war when over a hundred Iraqi soldiers were hit with EMF weapons and as they have described just felt like they wanted to give up all at once.

The simplist example of brain entrainment is the story of the grandfather pendulum clocks that will eventually all be ticking at the same time.

In the case of migraines or recurrent headaches it could be that the brain for some reason, be it bio chemical or EMF or vibration or smell is compartmentally entrained to respond in a physical manner that being headache. So if that clicking clock in the brain can be modulated to another frequency then could it alleviate the migraine?

Just an idea

achillea

You are an arrogant and self-absorbed person. I know plenty, and have known for a long time. I just have things in life beyond my own selfish pleasures.

You and everyone else might want to do this. It takes little time and works.

achillea

Start about 1 hour 55 minutes if you do not want to hear the whole talk. This is the proof of the dangers of EMF.
He shows albumin deposits on the brain that never disappear, ie the change is permanent

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals