Can serotonin in food lower testosterone?

Hans

Forum Supporter

Peat has previously mentioned that it's best to avoid foods high in serotonin, such as bananas, pineapples and tomatoes. I wanted to see if this was really an issue, so did an article on this. In short, it's very unlikely that serotonin in food is a problem at all since all the serotonin is broken down to 5-HIAA before it's even absorbed. Thus it doesn't even increase blood serotonin 1 bit.

If someone does get some form of side effect of these foods, I'd rather say it's something else that's the issue and not serotonin.

xeliex

Forum Supporter

Peat has previously mentioned that it's best to avoid foods high in serotonin, such as bananas, pineapples and tomatoes. I wanted to see if this was really an issue, so did an article on this. In short, it's very unlikely that serotonin in food is a problem at all since all the serotonin is broken down to 5-HIAA before it's even absorbed. Thus it doesn't even increase blood serotonin 1 bit.

If someone does get some form of side effect of these foods, I'd rather say it's something else that's the issue and not serotonin.

Spoiler alert!

No!
Thank you Hans. We need more of this that makes us less fearful of food.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Spoiler alert!

No!
Thank you Hans. We need more of this that makes us less fearful of food.
💪
Going crazy over food isn't healthy. Eat what makes you feel good and avoid what doesn't.

Ashs

How come you have time to post here regularly, yet you don't bother to reply to people on "instagram"?. I asked you for some clarification re "Phenergan " on 17 Feb and yet to get a response. Looks like yr here not to genuinely help folks like you portray BUT to me "TO BAIT AND SWITCH" like others hv said recently.

dukesbobby777

How come you have time to post here regularly, yet you don't bother to reply to people on "instagram"?. I asked you for some clarification re "Phenergan " on 17 Feb and yet to get a response. Looks like yr here not to genuinely help folks like you portray BUT to me "TO BAIT AND SWITCH" like others hv said recently.

Maybe your message was so boring he fell asleep half way through reading it.

Ashs

Maybe your message was so boring he fell asleep half way through reading it.
Well if reading 30 words is boring, then u hv a very short attention span = dumb arse, and Hans messages are in excess of 300 words, go figure. U his bobby boy aye.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals