Blood test results...

Discussion in 'Blood Work, Labs' started by asajulian, Jan 18, 2013.

1. asajulian

asajulian Member

I figured I might as well share my test results that were taken about 3 weeks ago in December.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My concerns are high triglycerides and low cholesterol. Having low cholesterol I have heard is why a person can be unresponsive to thyroid because of not making enough of the steroids. Anyone have any experience with low cholesterol and high triglycerides? Usually the problem people have is high cholesterol! Does anyone have any resources where I can read up on this (its hard to know what web sites to trust...)? I have lots of sugar from various sources, so its not a lack of that. For some reason, the sugar is forming triglycerides instead of cholesterol...

Low phosphate and high calcium, according to Peat, is evidence of increased parathyroid hormone (which I should have got tested as well), which would explain why prolactin is really high.

Vitamin D is still low, I upped my intake to about 6000IU/day.

Anyone have recommendations?

2. j.

j. Guest

Nothing about thyroid?

3. OP
    asajulian

asajulian Member

I didn't get the comprehensive panel. I didn't have much money to spend on these labs. My TSH was .007. Oh, and I'm taking about 3 grains of nature-throid per day, but I'm not entirely sure how effective it is.

4. j.

j. Guest

Haha, did your doctor go crazy about it?

5. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

I would say its highly effective seeing what your TSH is, and low total cholesterol.

And if I remember correctly, I read somewhere if the cholesterol is too low, that maybe you are taking too much thyroid.

Doesn't the rest of the numbers look really good though? Myself I would be pretty happy with that, might just need to back off the thyroid a little bit cause it's definitely doing its job.

Dang, I need to get some naturethroid. Obviously it works.

6. OP
    asajulian

asajulian Member

I'm currently trying dropping down to 1 grain with 25mcg of cytomel (usually half a pill with meals). We'll see if that works. You think the rest of the numbers look good? Prolactin is really high (should be <4) as well as serotonin (should be <25)...

I do wish I got the full thyroid panel with reverse t3 and parathyroid levels. Maybe next time. I used walkinlab.com, they had a december special of 20% off, so I got a really good deal. Their prices are unbeatable by all the self labs I've seen.

7. charlie

Sorry, I did not see the serotonin and prolactin. I was looking at the calcium, sodium, etc.

8. OP
    asajulian

asajulian Member

Even the calcium is at the higher end and phosphate is really low. The following is from email correspondence:

9. nwo2012

nwo2012 Member

Your cholesterol is most likely low because you have good conversion of it into steroid hormones due to good thyroid function (probably due to NDT and Peatarianism). Triglycerides are a little high but nothing too worrying. Eating fructose does tend to raise triglycerides but as Peatarians we do not believe this is harmful.
    I think your Prolactin is a little high. Also Vitamin D is way too low. Might want to supplement some and get more sun too.

Oh yes and serotonin is a bit high but so many factors can raise that, just the stress of having bloods taken so a one off result is probably not too reliable. How long had you fasted before the bloods were taken?

10. charlie

Oh, my bad. :(

Yeh, I probably should not comment on blood tests because I do not know enough yet. Thank you for clearing all that up. Lesson learned today.

11. OP
    asajulian

asajulian Member

I didn't fast at all because it wasn't required. :?

12. OP
    asajulian

asajulian Member

We're all learning. :D

13. charlie

:rockout

14. nwo2012

nwo2012 Member

That in itself(eating) can show high triglycerides so I wouldnt worry about them at all.

15. Rachel

Rachel Member

If you aren't averse to popping another pill for a spell, a run of bromocriptine might be in order to lower prolactin and serotonin.

16. OP
    asajulian

asajulian Member

I have bromocriptine, but I don't take it. I have no idea what he means in the above statement, but this is part of our email correspondence.

17. OP
    asajulian

asajulian Member

If anyone is interested in more of his wisdom on calcium/vitamin D/PTH. Here is a study he gave me,

18. Rachel

Rachel Member

Wow, that's interesting. I wonder why bromocriptine "could make" your phospate lower... :think:

19. kettlebell

kettlebell Member

Welcome to the twilight zone [​IMG]

20. Rachel

Rachel Member

Why do I just wanna throw knives at that smiley? :eek