Any Suggestions For My High TSH/Cholesterol/triglycerides

yourke

Hi

I just got my lab test back, any suggestions? am 34, living in Asia (am from europe). On my father side everybody is a heart patient, seeing the results make total sense. Am thinking about trying thyroid supplementing ( Broda Barnes his books impressed me a lot)? niacinamide for high tryglyciderids?

At least prolactin is not that high. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks

Total Cholesterol * 273 mg/dL (< 200)

HDL Cholesterol ( ) 46 mg/dL (> 40)

LDL Cholesterol ( ) * 166 mg/dL (< 130)

Cholesterol/HDL Ratio / * 5.9 (< 4.51) Triglycerides * 308 mg/dL (< 200)

THYROID FUNCTION RESULT UNIT REF.RANGE

Free T3 5.2 pmol/L (3.5-6.5)

Free T4 19.6 pmol/L (9.0-25.0)

TSH * 6.44 mIU/L (0.40-4.70)

HORMONE TEST RESULT UNIT REF.RANGE

Cortisol 170 nmol/L AM (119-618)

PM (85-460)

Prolactin ( ) 6.5 ug/L (2.1-17.7)

tara

Hi yourke, I'm no expert at reading labs or using thyroid supps, but my hunch is that with a TSH over 6, some cautious experimentation with thyroid supplementation seems reasonable, providing you have a basis in good nutrition in place first.
If you monitor body temps and resting heartrate, that can allow you to see the effects of the supplement more quickly and easily than repeated thyroid lab tests.
Peat says most people do better if they get some T3 with their T4 - ratios vary but most likely T3: T4 in the range 1:4 - 1:2.
I'd start very small (eg 1/4 grain NDT, or if using synthetics, no more than 1-2 mcg T3 at a time), with small increments after 2 weeks if warranted.

DaveFoster

You pretty much fit the criteria for thyroid supplementation. Talk to your doctor.

Elevated cholesterol is a good thing in this case. TSH below 0.4 is ideal. Below 1 is acceptable. Over 6 is far, far too high.

If you had higher T4, then only T3 might be warranted, but follow tara's suggestions. Also, consider adding in other supplements like A,D,E, and K; B-vitamins; quinones (Lapodin); and aspirin.

tara

You pretty much fit the criteria for thyroid supplementation. Talk to your doctor.
+1.
But most drs, even if they will prescribe thyroid supps, will only prescribe T4. If so, you may benefit from looking up T3 sources here yourself. Also, if you take time and pay attention, you can probably figure out a good dosage for yourself more accurately than a dr can. So whatever they give you, I'd suggest starting small and increment slowly and monitor your own signs (temps and heartrate). It seems to be easier to increase the dose than decrease it if you get too much.

DaveFoster

@tara

True. With my doctor, I tell him things. "I'm going to take this drug, so make sure to do some labs for me if I go to the ER." He likes me, or at least he always does my labs. Fantastic guy.

tara

OP
Y

yourke

Hi yourke, I'm no expert at reading labs or using thyroid supps, but my hunch is that with a TSH over 6, some cautious experimentation with thyroid supplementation seems reasonable, providing you have a basis in good nutrition in place first.
If you monitor body temps and resting heartrate, that can allow you to see the effects of the supplement more quickly and easily than repeated thyroid lab tests.
Peat says most people do better if they get some T3 with their T4 - ratios vary but most likely T3: T4 in the range 1:4 - 1:2.
I'd start very small (eg 1/4 grain NDT, or if using synthetics, no more than 1-2 mcg T3 at a time), with small increments after 2 weeks if warranted.
Thanks a lot, really helpfull

OP
Y

yourke

Elevated cholesterol is a good thing in this case. TSH below 0.4 is ideal. Below 1 is acceptable. Over 6 is far, far too high.

If you had higher T4, then only T3 might be warranted, but follow tara's suggestions. Also, consider adding in other supplements like A,D,E, and K; B-vitamins; quinones (Lapodin); and aspirin.

Thanks am taking temp and pulse.

Talked to Dr. he was OK with dissected thyroid.

OP
Y

yourke

+1.
But most drs, even if they will prescribe thyroid supps, will only prescribe T4. If so, you may benefit from looking up T3 sources here yourself. Also, if you take time and pay attention, you can probably figure out a good dosage for yourself more accurately than a dr can. So whatever they give you, I'd suggest starting small and increment slowly and monitor your own signs (temps and heartrate). It seems to be easier to increase the dose than decrease it if you get too much.
Thanks

DaveFoster

@yourke

Haidut's supplements are high-quality. I haven't had personal experience with his thyroid supplement, TyroMax, but I've heard good things. You can find these here: IdeaLabs Online Store - Worldwide Ordering And Delivery

Also, synthetic thyroid will be more potent than most others, namely natural dessicated thyroid. You can find synthetic T3 here: http://www.blueskypeptide.com/t3-liothyronine-100-mcg-per-ml-x-30ml.html

You can find synthetic T4 here: T4 (Levothyroxine) 400 mcg x 30ml

Always start at minuscule dosages, and do you research. Talk to your doctor, as well. Good luck. Make sure your gut and liver is in good shape, as well. Make sure you consume plenty of carbs and adequate protein. Saturated fat has some benefits as well.

tara

OP
Y

yourke

@yourke

Haidut's supplements are high-quality. I haven't had personal experience with his thyroid supplement, TyroMax, but I've heard good things. You can find these here: IdeaLabs Online Store - Worldwide Ordering And Delivery

Also, synthetic thyroid will be more potent than most others, namely natural dessicated thyroid. You can find synthetic T3 here: http://www.blueskypeptide.com/t3-liothyronine-100-mcg-per-ml-x-30ml.html

You can find synthetic T4 here: T4 (Levothyroxine) 400 mcg x 30ml

Always start at minuscule dosages, and do you research. Talk to your doctor, as well. Good luck. Make sure your gut and liver is in good shape, as well. Make sure you consume plenty of carbs and adequate protein. Saturated fat has some benefits as well.
Thanks Dave, I was thinking about Haiduts products, am currently consuming 100 gram protein per day (shellfish, milk, egg, cheese) and about 200-300 gram of carbs (fruits vegetables and potatoes. only use coconut oil, sometimes chocolate, when I need it.

Thanks again

ddjd

I just got my lab test back, any suggestions? am 34, living in Asia (am from europe). On my father side everybody is a heart patient, seeing the results make total sense. Am thinking about trying thyroid supplementing ( Broda Barnes his books impressed me a lot)? niacinamide for high tryglyciderids?

Just wondering how you're getting on a year later. I'm basically in your situation now and I'm not sure what the best thing to do is

OP
Y

yourke

Hi Joeyd,

I am actually getting better, my thyroid improved after taking 64 mg of thyroid daily(desiccated thyroid). improved thinking, conditioning, less sick. elevated temp levels. my father is also taking it, he noticed improved circulation, energy, better emotional state, i am also making more money.

any further questions, please let me know.

ddjd

Hi Joeyd,

I am actually getting better, my thyroid improved after taking 64 mg of thyroid daily(desiccated thyroid). improved thinking, conditioning, less sick. elevated temp levels. my father is also taking it, he noticed improved circulation, energy, better emotional state, i am also making more money.

any further questions, please let me know.

so the dessicated thyroid thats same as NDT? and its in a ratio of roughly 4:1 t4 to t3?

tara