Bladder Dysfunction And Incontinence Likely Due To Endotoxin (TLR4)

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ray has mentioned a few times over email to people that bladder irritation or even kidney problems are likely due to increased endotoxin load. My urologists friends laugh so hard when I mention this in our discussions, but lately they seem more gloomy than amused. I suspect that this new study is one of the reasons, and one of them has actually even recommended ketotifen (a TLR4 antagonist) to his father with chronic incontinence and another one has started drinking Cascara tea to get some emodin (also a TLR4 antagonist).

Immune receptor that's typically activated by bacteria is a major contributor to bladder dysfunction in diabetes

"...In the face of diabetes, scientists have shown for the first time that contents released by dying cells activate Toll-like receptor 4, or TLR4, a driver of inflammation, on the muscular bladder wall, resulting in a thicker, less compliant organ that soon struggles to carry out its basic functions of storing and excreting urine, said Dr. Theodora Szasz, postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Physiology at the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University. In patients, that eventually translates to having to excrete a greater volume of urine more frequently and ultimately possible incontinence if basic bladder function is lost. Now scientists show in an animal model that preventing activation of TLR4 enables the wall to remain strong but elastic even in the face of high glucose, a diabetes hallmark that also inflames. Szasz, who works in the lab of MCG physiology chairman, Dr. R. Clinton Webb, is corresponding author of the study in the journal Diabetes."

ReSTART

What are the best ways to cure excessive endotoxin load?

Carrot salad, raw bamboo shoots and mushroom soup?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What are the best ways to cure excessive endotoxin load?

Carrot salad, raw bamboo shoots and mushroom soup?

I would charcoal and emodin to that list. Some people find antibiotics reduce the overall endotoxin production so that could help as well.

Dante

I would charcoal and emodin to that list. Some people find antibiotics reduce the overall endotoxin production so that could help as well.
stupid question- does charcoal get absorbed in bloodstream and reach the liver? (if it does, is there a danger of adsorbing trace nutrients in plasma)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
stupid question- does charcoal get absorbed in bloodstream and reach the liver? (if it does, is there a danger of adsorbing trace nutrients in plasma)

It should not, but I think Peat said in some of his articles he is worried that with some products it does actually absorb into the blood. Don't know how to test if does, so if somebody finds something on that topic please post here.

ddjd

Ray has mentioned a few times over email to people that bladder irritation or even kidney problems are likely due to increased endotoxin load. My urologists friends laugh so hard when I mention this in our discussions, but lately they seem more gloomy than amused. I suspect that this new study is one of the reasons, and one of them has actually even recommended ketotifen (a TLR4 antagonist) to his father with chronic incontinence and another one has started drinking Cascara tea to get some emodin (also a TLR4 antagonist).

Immune receptor that's typically activated by bacteria is a major contributor to bladder dysfunction in diabetes

"...In the face of diabetes, scientists have shown for the first time that contents released by dying cells activate Toll-like receptor 4, or TLR4, a driver of inflammation, on the muscular bladder wall, resulting in a thicker, less compliant organ that soon struggles to carry out its basic functions of storing and excreting urine, said Dr. Theodora Szasz, postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Physiology at the Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University. In patients, that eventually translates to having to excrete a greater volume of urine more frequently and ultimately possible incontinence if basic bladder function is lost. Now scientists show in an animal model that preventing activation of TLR4 enables the wall to remain strong but elastic even in the face of high glucose, a diabetes hallmark that also inflames. Szasz, who works in the lab of MCG physiology chairman, Dr. R. Clinton Webb, is corresponding author of the study in the journal Diabetes."
This study shows that cascara sagrada's laxative effect works through inducing production of nitric oxide in the colon. More specifically, cascara induced 12 percent of nitric oxide synthase. The laxative affects of cascara were eliminated with an anti-nitric oxide agent. Should we be concerned about this?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals