Benadryl vs. Cyproheptadine vs. Famotadine vs. ketotifen

cardochav

what dose, brand and frequency of famotidine do you use for this relief?
I've been using 10mg of over the counter Pepcid dissolved in distilled water and run through a rinsed coffee filter, as needed during acute cedar sinus attack no more than twice a day. 5mg didn't seem to relieve symptoms of hayfever forme. However after almost a week of taking it am noticing some stomach discomfort, so I haven't taken in a couple days and still feel the discomfort.

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

I am seeing posts on the forum referencing combining antihistamines- can cyproheptadine and ketotefin be taken together? what about dyphenidramine and famitodine? What combos are ok and which are not ?

Smelly5

I am seeing posts on the forum referencing combining antihistamines- can cyproheptadine and ketotefin be taken together? what about dyphenidramine and famitodine? What combos are ok and which are not ?
I don't think there are issues if it's low dose, but if the dose is too high or too long term, there is concern of anti-seritonin compounds causing fibrosis of the heart.

Olmec

so guess we cant get excipients out of pepcid by dissolving in warm water arghhh: Famotidine is a white to pale yellow crystalline compound that is freely soluble in glacial acetic acid, slightly soluble in methanol, very slightly soluble in water, and practically insoluble in ethanol.
How about using warm water to dissolve and remove the excipients? They tend to be soluble in water, but it depends.

[Edit]
Just checked the ingredients...okay seems that idea won't work for these excipients...
...and the following inactive ingredients: hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, iron oxides, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, corn starch, talc, titanium dioxide, carnauba wax.

apr

I don't think there are issues if it's low dose, but if the dose is too high or too long term, there is concern of anti-seritonin compounds causing fibrosis of the heart.

I have been taking 6.14 mg (1/4th pill) of Seroquel for 3 years to combat insomnia. I have tried many times to get off and sleep is still impossible.

Would there be any harm in adding .5 cypro (ideal labs 1 drop) for a while to see if I can eventually be able to drop the seroquel?

I read above Peat said it would be dangerous to take Famotidine with Cypro so am wondering if that danger would apply here as well, since this dosage of seroquel is acting as an antihistamine.

My interest in cypro is to lower stress hormones as I am experiencing high blood pressure surges in the early evenings. I would like to take cypro at this time to see if they stave off these events.

thanks

TucsonJJ

Cyproheptadine, (Idealabs') even at just half a milligram, leaves me feeling like a zombie and really depressed the next day. Like crying over nothing 😭.....

I will occasionally take a 25 mg pink Benadryl pill in the middle of the night when I wake up to go to the bathroom. I really like it and I noticed that my ring is much looser in the morning when I take Benadryl.

Currently no experience with the other two...
I have read that the cypro zombie effects might last for a few days, then they do not. IF taken daily for a while...

VitoScaletta

I have been taking 6.14 mg (1/4th pill) of Seroquel for 3 years to combat insomnia. I have tried many times to get off and sleep is still impossible.

Would there be any harm in adding .5 cypro (ideal labs 1 drop) for a while to see if I can eventually be able to drop the seroquel?

I read above Peat said it would be dangerous to take Famotidine with Cypro so am wondering if that danger would apply here as well, since this dosage of seroquel is acting as an antihistamine.

My interest in cypro is to lower stress hormones as I am experiencing high blood pressure surges in the early evenings. I would like to take cypro at this time to see if they stave off these events.

thanks
Occasional low dose mirtazapine (1mg-10mg) and occasional Lorazepam (0.5mg-2mg) work for my insomnia

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals