Are people actually getting better following Dr. Peat's ideas?

Thalgo

Or: If Peating works, where are all the testimonials?

I'm listening to the new book called "brain energy" where he argues that metabolic problems are at the root of human suffering.

He doesn't mentioned Dr. Peat, but it seems to me that what he has unearthed is what Dr. Peat as been speaking about

So my question is: as anyone been able to radically improve their well-being by Peating?

Edit: by "he" I mean the author of the book. I was going to add a link but forgot. Here it is:Brain Energy: A Revolutionary Breakthrough in Understanding Mental Health--and Improving Treatment for Anxiety, Depression, OCD, PTSD, and More: Palmer MD, Christopher M.: 9781637741580: Amazon.com: Books

Last edited:

PeskyPeater

Or: If Peating works, where are all the testimonials?

I'm listening to the new book called "brain energy" where he argues that metabolic problems are at the root of human suffering.

He doesn't mentioned Dr. Peat, but it seems to me that what he has unearthed is what Dr. Peat as been speaking about

So my question is: as anyone been able to radically improve their well-being by Peating?
absolutely mega bigtime hellyeah

avoiding PUFA and using niacinamide-aspirin-vitamin-e fix my chronic inflammation and hairloss and depression and improve sleep.

Sugar over starches and bacillus subtilus sporebiotics and carrots and bran -edit- +cascara, fixed my digestion, IBS, constipationa while improving mood and cognitive function and energy.

etc etc

Advocate2021

Dr Peat and his wisdom saved my life twice- once at 28 and again at 38. Since that last episode 14 years ago ive attained the best health and vitality of my life thus far. I felt like an old woman in my twenties and feel like a girl in her twenties most of the time now. My only remaining health challenge is hypersensitivity to chemicals which began when i was estrogen poisoned close to 18 and thanks to the amazing and kind members here, I may have just found an answer in PEA- cant wait to get it!!! So, yes this information is life altering and transforms health incredibly. It is the TRUTH in my experience on this planet for 52 years.

BrianF

You can have my testimonial - I'm in ungodly good health at the moment.

mrchibbs

Yes

Energizer

Yes and no. Still have depression/ADHD symptoms and lack of motivation though the depression/ADHD has improved. On the plus side I used to have insomnia and constipation and no longer do.

mrsuomi

I never see testimonials of people curing chronic disease with peats way of eating.
But testimonials from people with chronic diseases being cured from the carnivore diet there are like thousands now, and the gaps diet even more. Maybe if you are already healthy you can follow peats advise and thrive

P

Peatness

I would be dead if I hadn't discovered Dr Peat. I wish I found him sooner.

Advocate2021

I never see testimonials of people curing chronic disease with peats way of eating.
But testimonials from people with chronic diseases being cured from the carnivore diet there are like thousands now, and the gaps diet even more. Maybe if you are already healthy you can follow peats advise and thrive
I was a walking train wreck and almost died and this information definitely cured me so I don't think that's true and the carnivore diet has many pitfalls it might have some short-term benefit for some people but many people get very sick on that diet I don't think it's a good diet for long-term Health Danny Roddy talks a lot about that too I have many many experiences of people being cured from all kinds of things with Dr Pete's wisdom I've also had first-hand contact with Dr Pete for 25 years so I'm very fortunate and he's shared many stories with me I've seen many many miracles over the last 25 years I can tell you for sure and pardon the lack of punctuation and misspellings I'm dictating

Sunny Jack

Contrast the zen Danny Roddy with the angry and small-headed Shawn Baker or the angry cohort of New Zealand carnivores headed by that bald guy who argues from appeals to authority.

PeskyPeater

Dairy and especially milk is bottlenecking the success rate of this diet.
of course it isnt'. dairy digestability of a person is an indicator of health, not a bottleneck.

of course too, several forms of dairy can be chosen from, like greek yogurt and cheeses with a beter tollerance for the predigestion of the protein induces changes to it's structure and imporves the absorption.

the rate limiting factor of the succes to the 'diet' or approved foods is at the user.

Advocate2021

of course it isnt'. dairy digestability of a person is an indicator of health, not a bottleneck.

of course too, several forms of dairy can be chosen from, like greek yogurt and cheeses with a beter tollerance for the predigestion of the protein induces changes to it's structure and imporves the absorption.

the rate limiting factor of the succes to the 'diet' or approved foods is at the user.
Exactly. for many years i did only cheese for dairy due to milk intolerance. however once i addressed my intestine more and corrected imbalance there, i have been able to drink milk in addition to cheese. i prefer lactose free as do better, But its all very individual and the milk intolerance indicates an imbalance that if corrected may allow milk without issue.

Vanset

@PeskyPeater If a person needs a higher level of health to 'tolerate' certain food then it's not a good healing food, period, and therefore why is it recommended to sick people?
I have noticed on this forum over the years that there's a certain pattern where people can't tolerate dairy at all for years and years and they need to achieve a certain level of health to be able to tolerate it. They achieve it through methods that do not include dairy. Once they get to that point they can indeed maybe include dairy and achieve even better health, but many never get there and just give up on dairy (and this whole nutritional approach) and leave the forum. Some are stuck in a perpetual wrestling match between their own n=1 and Ray's view of dairy.
There's also the problem that there's a lot of healthy people coming here who seek to 'optimize' and frankly I don't really care about their opinion and which foods they tolerate. A lot of people also need various hormonal supplements to be able to include dairy in their diet . It's a highly problematic food in general.
I urge you to do a search around the forum and see for yourelf; how many people with serious crippling health issues can include lots of dairy in their diet and heal that way? People with hypothyroidism, male/female hypogonadism, PCOS etc.
The rate limiting factor of every diet is the health of the participants so I'm not sure what the point is here. The healthier people trying the diet the better the outcome. The trick is to include severly sick people and have them reclaim their health.

EDIT: also another point is that there are people on this forum who have perfect health if they exclude dairy.

Last edited:

Ben.

Cured or just gotten rid of symptoms as long as the carnivore diet is kept up? There are quite some carnivore people coming here after years of eating like that because it eventually led to its own host of issues.

artist

@PeskyPeater If a person needs a higher level of health to 'tolerate' certain food then it's not a good healing food, period, and therefore why is it recommended to sick people?
I have noticed on this forum over the years that there's a certain pattern where people can't tolerate dairy at all for years and years and they need to achieve a certain level of health to be able to tolerate it. They achieve it through methods that do not include dairy. Once they get to that point they can indeed maybe include dairy and achieve even better health, but many never get there and just give up on dairy (and this whole nutritional approach) and leave the forum. Some are stuck in a perpetual wrestling match between their own n=1 and Ray's view of dairy.
There's also the problem that there's a lot of healthy people coming here who seek to 'optimize' and frankly I don't really care about their opinion and which foods they tolerate. A lot of people also need various hormonal supplements to be able to include dairy in their diet . It's a highly problematic food in general.
I urge you to do a search around the forum and see for yourelf; how many people with serious crippling health issues can include lots of dairy in their diet and heal that way? People with hypothyroidism, male/female hypogonadism, PCOS etc.
The rate limiting factor of every diet is the health of the participants so I'm not sure what the point is here. The healthier people trying the diet the better the outcome. The trick is to put severly sick people and have them reclaim their health.
I completely agree. I like to believe I will be able to tolerate milk one day but the dismissive attitudes and hostility that goes on on here, like it’s a moral failing if you can’t tolerate milk, is completely counterproductive. (I was able to definitively pin down a casein intolerance in my case. Yes I tried raw, Ultrapasteurized, A2, organic, goat, cheese, yogurt, kefir, and on and on.).

Advocate2021

I completely agree. I like to believe I will be able to tolerate milk one day but the dismissive attitudes and hostility that goes on on here, like it’s a moral failing if you can’t tolerate milk, is completely counterproductive. (I was able to definitively pin down a casein intolerance in my case. Yes I tried raw, Ultrapasteurized, A2, organic, goat, cheese, yogurt, kefir, and on and on.).
The rate limiting factor of every diet is the health of the participants so I'm not sure what the point is here. The healthier people trying the diet the better the outcome. The trick is to include severly sick people and have them reclaim their health.

EDIT: also another point is that there are people on this forum who have perfect health if they exclude dairy.
Far more important that Dr. Peat's dietary teachings is his seminal teaching that "the intrinsic knowledge within the individual far transcends any external knowledge or person". he wrote me these very words many years ago. When i shared many years ago that milk did not work with me he told me to stick with cheese. I feel his true teachings are a bit distorted here at times. He first and foremost advises each individual to tap into his or her intrinsic knowledge to determine what is best. there are no black and white rules here and Dr. Peat himself does not stand for that at all.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals