Anyone Struggle With Knee Issues, But Avoiding Surgery?

David PS

Maybe take a look at Ben Patrick ATG routine. Hi is known as kneesovertoes guy. Many people claim to have avoided knee surgeries thanks to several simple exercises. He offers different levels, both for seniors and athletes.
ATG is an excellent suggestion. If the ankles, knees and hips are not strong and flexible, your knees may suffer. Years of sitting at a desk eventually resulted in knee issues for me. I tried different chair and different shoes. ATG worked for me. The 'zero level' knees over toes (KoT) routine is easy. Ben Patrick's mother does it as well as higher levels.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhnnfLZGLwU

00:00 Intro
00:11 Walking Backwards
00:25 Toe Raises
00:59 Straight Calf Raises
01:46 Toe Raises
01:54 KoT Calf Raises
02:20 Patrick Step
03:14 KoT Lunge
04:39 KoT Squat

just to say that my work with the Dr. Dennis PEMF device continues being amazing and works for all aches and pains, even jaw pain. Everything. micro-pulse.com

shanny

Forum Supporter
Walking, up and down hills and stairs, but what did him in for the injury was walking in snow after a heavy snowfall last December. He was fine until then.
It very well could be suprapatellar bursitis and this would be accompanied with a puffiness above the knee cap, but in my experience quadriceps tendonitis is much more common given this mechanism of injury. It's always an alignment issue and can be from poor motor patterns (that's what the ATG activities above will address) but is also commonly caused by types of footwear (which in turn cause poor alignment.). I would start with "posterior chain" strengthening exercises. If you need help with this feel free to PM me.

sphenoid

Red light and PEMF therapies topically will probably be the most effective at healing the tissue in the region. As for movement mechanics, the simplest and most comprehensive school of thought focuses around the spine's role as an engine. Here's an intro video:

sunny

It very well could be suprapatellar bursitis and this would be accompanied with a puffiness above the knee cap, but in my experience quadriceps tendonitis is much more common given this mechanism of injury. It's always an alignment issue and can be from poor motor patterns (that's what the ATG activities above will address) but is also commonly caused by types of footwear (which in turn cause poor alignment.). I would start with "posterior chain" strengthening exercises. If you need help with this feel free to PM me.
Thank you for the info. I will share this with him.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals