Anyone know a solid low cost source for NMN?

Am a huge fan of NMN have noticed better results from NMN vs. Niacinamide alone. Anyone know of any good sources for this?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Am a huge fan of NMN have noticed better results from NMN vs. Niacinamide alone. Anyone know of any good sources for this?
NMN is fairly unstable and a lot of supps tested had low to no NMN in them. Beta-NMN is a more stable form, but as far as I know, regardless of the form, it's still expensive.

OP
BestSinceDAYONE
NMN is fairly unstable and a lot of supps tested had low to no NMN in them. Beta-NMN is a more stable form, but as far as I know, regardless of the form, it's still expensive.
I wonder if they spiked my NMN then with something else...I looked it up and apparently it has 0 NMN detected!

So much fraud within the supplement industry it's unreal

Kram

Not sure your budget but Prohealth longevity, renue by science, donotage, and double wood supplements all have high quality nmn powder that has been confirmed with testing.

OP
BestSinceDAYONE
Not sure your budget but Prohealth longevity, renue by science, donotage, and double wood supplements all have high quality nmn powder that has been confirmed with testing.
Thanks! I assume NR is the same vendors too?

sugarisgreat

I've been taking plain niacin for over a year 1,500-3,000 a day. I just bought some powdered NMN from Pure Bulk. I also bought Apigen at Alive by Science. I was going to buy the NMN there too, but it was 100 dollars and I figured I'd try Pure Bulk first.
I am not sure if I notice anything different, but plain niacin has really helped my metabolism/ability to eat more.

mevcit

I think niacin (nicotinic acid, not niacinamide) is the best NAD+ precursor. At nights on empty stomach (at least 6 hours after the last meal), I use 1000 mg nicotinic acid once daily (5 days a week) along with 1000 mg TMG, 5 g D-ribose, 400 mg quercetin, 200 mg trans-resveratrol, 500 mg ascorbic acid, 200 mg grape seed extract, 1.5 g MSM, 10 g collagen peptides. Nicotinic acid itself has made my skin much younger-looking and beautiful. I'm 31 but people think I'm 24-25. It boosts my energy smoothly without causing any side effects like fatigue or insomnia seen with other NAD+ precursors. It also improves my mood as it plays a role in serotonin production. Most importantly, only nicotinic acid improves serum lipids profiles while the other NAD+ precursors has zero effect. I have seen significant reductions in my LDL cholesterol, total cholesterol and triglycerides and a significant increase in my HDL cholesterol (because I'm a heavy cigarette smoker, HDL was always too low and nicotinic acid has dramatically increased it). No other NAD+ precursor comes close to the benefits of nicotinic acid. I pity those who pay tons of money on those precursors other than nicotinic acid.

Ingenol

I think niacin (nicotinic acid, not niacinamide) is the best NAD+ precursor. At nights on empty stomach (at least 6 hours after the last meal), I use 1000 mg nicotinic acid once daily (5 days a week) along with 1000 mg TMG, 5 g D-ribose, 400 mg quercetin, 200 mg trans-resveratrol, 500 mg ascorbic acid, 200 mg grape seed extract, 1.5 g MSM, 10 g collagen peptides. Nicotinic acid itself has made my skin much younger-looking and beautiful. I'm 31 but people think I'm 24-25. It boosts my energy smoothly without causing any side effects like fatigue or insomnia seen with other NAD+ precursors. It also improves my mood as it plays a role in serotonin production. Most importantly, only nicotinic acid improves serum lipids profiles while the other NAD+ precursors has zero effect. I have seen significant reductions in my LDL cholesterol, total cholesterol and triglycerides and a significant increase in my HDL cholesterol (because I'm a heavy cigarette smoker, HDL was always too low and nicotinic acid has dramatically increased it). No other NAD+ precursor comes close to the benefits of nicotinic acid. I pity those who pay tons of money on those precursors other than nicotinic acid.
Do you worry about adverse liver effects of long-term high-dose niacin supplementation?

mevcit

Do you worry about adverse liver effects of long-term high-dose niacin supplementation?
No. That's only a concern when you use slow-release forms of nicotinic acid or when you use very high doses (more than 3-6 grams a day). The liver damage is most likely due to depletion of methyl groups, which is why I supplement with an equimolar amount of TMG. And I use 1000 mg only, 5 days in a week. I buy nicotinic acid as a pure powder, which I dissolve in a glass of water to achieve the most immediate delivery. My liver enzymes have always been on the very low side.

imcoconut

Have you tried niaciamide? And if so, noticed similar effects?

mevcit

Have you tried niaciamide? And if so, noticed similar effects?
I tried niacinamide as well. It sometimes gave a sense of energy when I used at up to 250 mg. But when I used at 500 mg or above, it just knocked me down, caused extreme fatigue. Nicotinamide riboside (NR) was better than niacinamide in that regard but it also caused some fatigue from time to time (much milder than niacinamide) and sometimes insomnia. I tried niacinamide and NR (from Thorne's Resveracel) long enough but they never changed my serum lipid profile. Only nicotinic acid did it (in just 3 months). I have not seen any single side effect with my usage of nicotinic acid so far.

Note 1: Niacinamide changed my skin in a good way like nicotinic acid did, but I couldn't handle the fatigue caused by niacinamide. I didn't see a noticeable change in my skin with NR. Neither niacinamide nor NR improved my mood as they are not involved in serotonin production. And they didn't improve serum lipid profile as I've already mentioned.

Note 2: In addition to its positive effect on atherosclerosis by improving serum lipids, it has also been demonstrated that nicotinic acid inhibits atherosclerosis progression in mice independently of its lipid-modifying effect by preventing recruitment of macrophages to atherosclerotic plaques. It has a strong anti-inflammatory effect.

Last edited:

Ingenol

No. That's only a concern when you use slow-release forms of nicotinic acid or when you use very high doses (more than 3-6 grams a day). The liver damage is most likely due to depletion of methyl groups, which is why I supplement with an equimolar amount of TMG. And I use 1000 mg only, 5 days in a week. I buy nicotinic acid as a pure powder, which I dissolve in a glass of water to achieve the most immediate delivery. My liver enzymes have always been on the very low side.
Awesome, thanks. What brand would you recommend? From reading Amazon reviews it seems like both BulkSupplements and Nutricost may have changed their formula recently; people are reporting it does not fully dissolve, which niacinamide should.

mevcit

Awesome, thanks. What brand would you recommend? From reading Amazon reviews it seems like both BulkSupplements and Nutricost may have changed their formula recently; people are reporting it does not fully dissolve, which niacinamide should.
I currently live in Istanbul, therefore order my nicotinic acid (not niacinamide) powder from Europe. I guess you live in the US. I will move to the US next month and am planning to buy the product below:
Amazon product ASIN B0844MKD5HView: https://www.amazon.com/Niacin-Vitamin-Nicotinic-Acid-Powder/dp/B0844MKD5H/?th=1

Nicotinic acid has been reported to have a solubility of 18 g/L in water at room temperature. But, from my experience, it always remains in an equilibrium state with a little bit of solid particles at the bottom regardless of the source of nicotinic acid (see the article below, you can use sci-hub to access the full text). The majority of the powder still goes into solution. When I add 4-5 g of D-ribose, however, most of the remaining particles at the bottom go into solution. So, you shouldn't really worry about this. As a test, I added some cigarette ash, which is quite alkaline. All particles at the bottom fully dissolved :))

Below I list the sources of the other products I use along with nicotinic acid:

TMG: NOW Foods, TMG, 1,000 mg, 100 Tablets
D-ribose: Doctor's Best, Pure D-Ribose Powder with BioEnergy Ribose, 8.8 oz (250 g)
Quercetin: Nature's Life, Quercetin, 400 mg, 100 Vegetarian Capsules
Trans-resveratrol: California Gold Nutrition, Trans-Resveratrol, Italian Sourced, 200 mg, 60 Veggie Capsules
Vitamin C: Doctor's Best, High Absorption Vitamin C with PureWay-C, 500 mg, 60 Tablets
Grape seed extract: California Gold Nutrition, French Grape Seed Extract, VitaFlavan, 100 mg, 360 Veggie Capsules
MSM: Doctor's Best, MSM Powder with OptiMSM, 8.8 oz (250 g)
Collagen peptides: Doctor's Best, Pure Collagen Types 1 and 3 Powder, 7.1 oz (200 g)
Choline-silica complex: https://www.iherb.com/pr/california-gold-nutrition-choline-silica-complex-2-fl-oz-59-ml/96259
L-arginine alpha-ketoglutarate: https://www.iherb.com/pr/primaforce-aakg-unflavored-8-8-oz-250-g/58649
L-ornithine: https://www.iherb.com/pr/now-foods-sports-l-ornithine-powder-8-oz-227-g/725
L-lysine: https://www.iherb.com/pr/now-foods-l-lysine-pure-powder-1-lb-454-g/653

Nicotinic acid boosts human growth hormone when used in fasted state, therefore I combine it with arginine+ornitine+lysine.

During the day, you should use a decent B-complex with active forms and a bone complex with clinical dose of menatetrenone for a more comprehensive anti-aging support. The products below are very good:

Motorneuron

Easy: nicinamide plus ribose ;)

Good luck

Beastmode

Relative email on the subject. @Hans is correct about the nmn products, as most don't have any detectable nmn in them.

ME:
Is there a direct or indirect way to measure NAD levels?

Do you think taking 500 mg of B3 per day, with a big carb meal, be a safe daily dose to ensure maximal levels of NAD similar to our youth years? I'm a 43 year old male.

A lot of NAD specific tests are coming out lately I notice.

PEAT:
I think 3 daily doses of niacinamide will usually optimize it.

ME:
What amount would qualify as a daily dose in your opinion?:

PEAT:
About 100 to 150 mg. per dose, total of 300 to 450 mg.

OP
BestSinceDAYONE
Look at how many don't even contain it at all..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 11.21.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 11.21.16 AM.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

MC_55

I'd recommend the Toniiq brand of NMN. Our analytical assays indicate a high purity of NMN without the price gouge of ProHealth.

Vinny

Hi, are you still taking niacin and if yes, how do you avoid (if you do) the niacin flush? I get it after only 500mg and I don`t like it. Thanks.

@sugarisgreat same question for you, bro.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals