JUST CANT GET NIACINAMIDE TO WORK FOR ME

A.R

No one can deny all the solid research and studies done on the positive effects of niacinamide, but unfortunately I’m just not able to personally get any positive effects from it.

I know a person needs to increase sugars whilst using it, but even that doesn’t stop me from getting muscle twitches/tremors/shakiness/wiry feelings from it.

Anyone have any ideas to help?

TheCedar1

No one can deny all the solid research and studies done on the positive effects of niacinamide, but unfortunately I’m just not able to personally get any positive effects from it.

I know a person needs to increase sugars whilst using it, but even that doesn’t stop me from getting muscle twitches/tremors/shakiness/wiry feelings from it.

For me, taking niacinamide after eating a fatty meal made the effect more pronounced for me, I tried taking it on an empty stomach but it wasn't effective at all.

Angel45

Niacinamide depletes methyl groups if taken in high dosage.

OP
A.R

A.R

Niacinamide depletes methyl groups if taken in high dosage.
I only take it in low doses below 100mg

What effects on the body does depleting methyl groups have?

sunny

OP
A.R

A.R

For me, taking niacinamide after eating a fatty meal made the effect more pronounced for me, I tried taking it on an empty stomach but it wasn't effective at all.
Ok, so you only take it after having a good meal. What is your usual dosage?

Tim Lundeen

This study with niacinamide show a "significant increase" in methylated niacinamide with 100mg, and reduction in clearance of adrenaline/noradrenalin. So that size dose will lower methyl groups.
...the study was conducted in 19 normotensives and 27 hypertensives, using a nicotinamide-loading test (100 mg orally). Plasma nicotinamide, N1-methylnicotinamide, homocysteine (Hcy), betaine, norepinephrine, epinephrine, normetanephrine and metanephrine levels before and 5 h after nicotinamide loading were measured. Compared with normotensives, hypertensives had higher baseline (fasting) levels of plasma nicotinamide, Hcy and norepinephrine, but lower levels of plasma normetanephrine, a methylated norepinephrine derivative. Nicotinamide loading induced a significant increase in the levels of plasma N1-methylnicotinamide and norepinephrine, and a significant decrease in the levels of O-methylated epinephrine (metanephrine) and betaine, a major methyl donor, in both hypertensives and normotensives. Excess nicotinamide inhibits methylation-mediated degradation of catecholamines in normotensives and hypertensives - PubMed

OP
A.R

A.R

This study with niacinamide show a "significant increase" in methylated niacinamide with 100mg, and reduction in clearance of adrenaline/noradrenalin. So that size dose will lower methyl groups.
Sorry the study seems a bit complex to understand. What points should I be taking away this?

Angel45

What effects on the body does depleting methyl groups have?
Lots. Without proper methylation you can't clear toxins or hormones, you can't break down neurotransmitters, and you can't turn off cancer genes or silence viruses. Even 20mg could be a lot for some people.

OP
A.R

A.R

Lots. Without proper methylation you can't clear toxins or hormones, you can't break down neurotransmitters, and you can't turn off cancer genes or silence viruses. Even 20mg could be a lot for some people.
Do you personally supplement with niacinamide? If so, at what dosage?

OP
A.R

A.R

Do you have any links to any information I can read more about methylation?

Tim Lundeen

Do you have any links to any information I can read more about methylation?
Walsh's book might be helpful: Nutrient Power: Heal Your Biochemistry and Heal Your Brain

Methylation is part of what is called "one-carbon metabolism" because a methyl group has one carbon. But I haven't been able to find any simple, easy-to-follow overview, and I'm still trying to understand it myself :):

Sorry the study seems a bit complex to understand. What points should I be taking away this?
The study shows that 100mg of niacinamide uses up a significant amount of methyl groups. This is good if you have too many methyl groups and the niacinamide reduces them down to a better level, or bad if you don't have enough after clearing the excess niacinamide, or neutral if your body can copy with the niacinamide and you are still in a good range. One of the concerns with reducing methylation too much is that negative effects might not show up for months or years.

There is some evidence that taking niacinamide along with d-ribose prevents the clearance of excess niacinamide via methylation, but it's not clear exactly how the ribose affects everything. A Combination of Nicotinamide and D-Ribose (RiaGev) Is Safe and Effective to Increase NAD+ Metabolome in Healthy Middle-Aged Adults: A Randomized, Triple-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Cross-Over Pilot Clinical Trial (I think Haidut posted the link originally.) I personally take ~130mg/day along with 2g of d-ribose, and that seems to be helpful, but I've only been doing it about 2 months now. (Split doses, 33mg NAM+1g d-ribose first thing, 100mg NAM+1g d-ribose before bed.)

OP
A.R

A.R

My dose is 160 mg in the morning and in the night after my last meal.
I’m happy for you that it’s working for you.

After reading couple of threads I’ve realised I might have a histamine problem, which is why I’m not able to benefit from niacinamide.

TheCedar1

After reading couple of threads I’ve realised I might have a histamine problem, which is why I’m not able to benefit from niacinamide.
At least you found the problem, hope you solve it and get the benefits of this vitamin

OP
A.R

A.R

At least you found the problem, hope you solve it and get the benefits of this vitamin
I hope so I’ve found the problem. There’s so many different things to consider with the body being such a complex system.

InChristAlone

These are the questions Dr Carl Pfeiffer would use to diagnose histadelia:
Histadelics are driven, high-energy people who get things done in the world. They frequently suffer from allergies, headaches and depression.
Do you have any known allergies? Would be Y
Do you rarely have headaches? Would be no
Do you feel driven to achieve without deadlines? would be Y
Do you have many head colds? would be Y
Do you have no trouble putting on weight? would be no
Do you have many abnormal fears? would be Y
Are you inwardly driven to have sex? would be Y

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals