What Is The Best Human Dosage For The Longevity And Rejuvenation Pill NMN?

WayneSmith

I've been following the studies since 2014 when 3 different university studies reported aging was reversed in mice by transplanting old mice with the blood of young mice. They tried heating the young blood first and it had no effect so researchers assumed it was a blood protein. GDF11 was looked at for a time. But that proved a dead end. Then they realised it was co-enzyme NAD. They tried giving it to mice orally in their water supply but it had no effect. The molecule was too big to get through cell walls.

It interacts with mitochondria and sirtuin proteins to increase blood flow. We make it naturally but less so as we age. So our vascular system shrinks reducing blood flow to muscles, brain and other organs. Then our muscles begin to waste away. Muscle and bone are interconnected so bones lose density too. Basically what we call aging. Then they tried a precursor enzyme. There are a few and Niagen (NR) had some positive effects but NMN seems to work better. It is the immediate precursor and gets through cell walls because its a smaller molecule. Then it joins with another NMN molecule to become NAD. They added it to the water supply and it worked.

An effective dosage seems to be 100mg/kg/day in mice from what I've read. I also read that the HED (Human Equivalent Dosage) is 560mg/day for a 70kg human. But I hear that the government organisation which calculates this gives a downward figure with clinical trials to play it safe. I want the ACTUAL HED for humans. Not some wishy washy play it safe exaggerated figure. Much higher dosages have already been tried on humans with no negative effects. The conversion calculation is a bit complex and based on body surface area. The figure of 8mg/kg/day for humans was given which seems very low.

OP
WayneSmith

WayneSmith

Hi Pizza guy.

I got a reply from Bryan at AliveByNature dot com. I've ordered 5 bottles of 60 X 125mg NMN Pure capsules from them in two separate orders. Getting first order tomorrow.
I don't know if any links will work here yet as I'm a newbie.
Hi Bryan,
Why do the NMN Pure bottles say 2 pills per day? Do you guys have some research I don't know about? From what I can tell the human equivalent dosage for a 70 kg human is 560mg/day. Calculated at 8mg/kg/day which is converted from the lowest effective dosage described in mouse studies of 100mg/kg/day. The same study also trialled 300mg/kg/day. I'm confused. David Sinclair takes 500mg a day I read at your own site. Will get first shipment on tuesday and just ordered 3 more bottles. Want to try and take the most effective dose. Human trials indicate high doses are harmless.
Thanks,
Wayne Smith.

Wayne,
You are right about dosages. Its just the legal people that wanted us to put a lower recommended dosage on the bottle, but we do recommend at least 500 mg per day.
The label on future runs will recommend a higher dosage, but it is still being debated what that will be.
I am going to try 5 pills a day I think. That's 625mg which should be ok. Need to accurately weigh myself still but I believe I'm about 80kg. The conversion rate is 8mg/kg/day which comes to 640mg for my estimated weight but I don't want to start dissecting pills. 625mg should be close enough. I'll start at 2 pills a day and gradually increase to 5. Hence the second order. I'll be going through them faster than the bottle recommends.

Hope that helps dude.