Anyone Here Tried Or Considered Gene Testing? It Can Maybe Help With Diet, Health, Etc

There are multiple services -- like some have probably heard of with DNA/gene testing or etc. -- that can look in to your genetics and try and make more sense of what foods would be most suited to you based on those genes, among some other stuff.

I doubt it's 100% exact and you'd still need to do your own homework and stuff; but these things you can find out could still help put you in the right direction at least.

I post this here because I see talking about struggling with finding good foods that they handle well; exercises/exercise types; and other info about genes that could help you pinpoint some genetic issues or such that spell out what you might be have.

With gene testing specific to this, you can do a sort of test like those ancestry/DNA tests, but some tailored to your genes correlated with food intake, metabolic processes, various genes coming in to play, etc.

I'm not saying these tests are perfect or anything near it, but my guess is they could help people find out some more in-depth info about their bodies and how they might better fuel them/work with them. Most people have absolutely no idea where to begin with what foods, diet, exercise, or etc. they should do. Plus it would be kind of cool and uplifting to have your genes looked in to as part of maximizing health and understand your strong/weak points overall and working from there.

I'm definitely interested in doing it just to know all I can about myself and how I can keep improving. One place I like and follow on Instagram is Bioviva Sciences.

inurendotoxin

I'd be interested in this as an intellectual exercise.

I think in practice, one's intuition is the best arbiter of optimal diet and behaviours for the individual. I would give less weight necessarily to genetic origins, and perhaps more to the intake and output of energy in developmental years.

That is subjective, of course. But for myself, the more I have tuned in to cravings and hunger levels while Peating, the more I notice my dietery choices trending in the direction of the one I was raised on as a kid.

redsun

There are multiple services -- like some have probably heard of with DNA/gene testing or etc. -- that can look in to your genetics and try and make more sense of what foods would be most suited to you based on those genes, among some other stuff.

I doubt it's 100% exact and you'd still need to do your own homework and stuff; but these things you can find out could still help put you in the right direction at least.

I post this here because I see talking about struggling with finding good foods that they handle well; exercises/exercise types; and other info about genes that could help you pinpoint some genetic issues or such that spell out what you might be have.

With gene testing specific to this, you can do a sort of test like those ancestry/DNA tests, but some tailored to your genes correlated with food intake, metabolic processes, various genes coming in to play, etc.

I'm not saying these tests are perfect or anything near it, but my guess is they could help people find out some more in-depth info about their bodies and how they might better fuel them/work with them. Most people have absolutely no idea where to begin with what foods, diet, exercise, or etc. they should do. Plus it would be kind of cool and uplifting to have your genes looked in to as part of maximizing health and understand your strong/weak points overall and working from there.

I'm definitely interested in doing it just to know all I can about myself and how I can keep improving. One place I like and follow on Instagram is Bioviva Sciences.

Problem is food tolerance has more to do with serotonin levels in the gut and T3 levels. GI problems such as indigestion, excessive burping, food coming up(indigestion), GERD, bloating, nausea, can quickly go away just by supplementing T3, this happened to me exactly like on the spot once I raised T3 high enough. This alone proves many food intolerances or poor digestion are caused by low T3, high serotonin(which T3 lowers). T3 increases stomach acid production and improves digestion. Low stomach acid means digestion will never be optimal and severely limits one's foods.

There are a few foods all humans tolerate and can digest and should probably be the main bulk of one's diet if they have poor digestion until digestion is sorted out. Meat and meat fat(not dairy or egg fat) such as muscle meats and organ meats, simple sugars in the form of fruit juices, granulated sugar, and certain fruits that are low fiber and mostly sugar... it could just take a little bit of experimentation to figure out which whole fruits one tolerates. There is almost always a better tolerance for juices because fruit juices are basically sugar and water with little else. White rice is probably the most tolerated starch but someone who has digestive issues may not tolerate any starch and should avoid it completely until digestion is improved.

Eggs and dairy can be allergenic for some, dairy being problematic for most everyone with certain European ethnicities being able to tolerate generally as well as some other isolated cultures around the world such as the Masai. Meat is not allergenic, no human is allergic to meat nor is there an "intolerance" to it such like there is no such thing as an intolerance or allergy to pure granulated sugar or glucose(at least that I have ever heard of). That should tell you something about how important flesh is for human consumption.

You have quite a few people here trying to make dairy and eggs work as proteins as well as subsisting off of harder to digest foods and avoiding meats, when simply dropping dairy fixes many problems and if necessary dropping eggs and relying on a variety of meat, preferably organs or organ-based foods incorporated as well. A lot of Peaters here, especially the one's who are reluctant to drop "Peaty" dairy and eggs, underestimate the power of minimalism when it comes to health. Those following the beef and rice diet who experience insanely good results from just 2 foods inspired by Grant Genereux are a literal perfect example of this.

OP
MetabolicTrash
Problem is food tolerance has more to do with serotonin levels in the gut and T3 levels. GI problems such as indigestion, excessive burping, food coming up(indigestion), GERD, bloating, nausea, can quickly go away just by supplementing T3, this happened to me exactly like on the spot once I raised T3 high enough. This alone proves many food intolerances or poor digestion are caused by low T3, high serotonin(which T3 lowers). T3 increases stomach acid production and improves digestion. Low stomach acid means digestion will never be optimal and severely limits one's foods.

There are a few foods all humans tolerate and can digest and should probably be the main bulk of one's diet if they have poor digestion until digestion is sorted out. Meat and meat fat(not dairy or egg fat) such as muscle meats and organ meats, simple sugars in the form of fruit juices, granulated sugar, and certain fruits that are low fiber and mostly sugar... it could just take a little bit of experimentation to figure out which whole fruits one tolerates. There is almost always a better tolerance for juices because fruit juices are basically sugar and water with little else. White rice is probably the most tolerated starch but someone who has digestive issues may not tolerate any starch and should avoid it completely until digestion is improved.

Eggs and dairy can be allergenic for some, dairy being problematic for most everyone with certain European ethnicities being able to tolerate generally as well as some other isolated cultures around the world such as the Masai. Meat is not allergenic, no human is allergic to meat nor is there an "intolerance" to it such like there is no such thing as an intolerance or allergy to pure granulated sugar or glucose(at least that I have ever heard of). That should tell you something about how important flesh is for human consumption.

You have quite a few people here trying to make dairy and eggs work as proteins as well as subsisting off of harder to digest foods and avoiding meats, when simply dropping dairy fixes many problems and if necessary dropping eggs and relying on a variety of meat, preferably organs or organ-based foods incorporated as well. A lot of Peaters here, especially the one's who are reluctant to drop "Peaty" dairy and eggs, underestimate the power of minimalism when it comes to health. Those following the beef and rice diet who experience insanely good results from just 2 foods inspired by Grant Genereux are a literal perfect example of this.

Good input. My post wasn't directed only at diet but other possible health markers genes could tell you. But you are right and make good points.

I personally seem to have an issue with lots of burping and feeling like I have to clear my throat sometimes -- it is bothersome at times and sometimes appears randomly. I have no idea if any foods specifically trigger this or if it is just all. On top of this there is also some possible indigestion as I don't quite feel "right" sometimes like with growling stomach and the feeling that you're not digesting properly (if that makes sense) or food or air stuck in the throat/like it isn't going down right always.

You think I could benefit from T3 supplements? Seen some but don't know where to go from here. I just know I have some digestive woes at times and have had heartburn/stomach growling a lot more/belching more recently. I'm even thinking that some of this process is even triggering heart palpitations as I seem to get them sometimes when I notice the subtle symptoms of gut-like issues.

Since there is a nerve that can be triggered by gastric distress/stomach issues/etc. it makes sense that some stomach-like woes can trigger palpitations at times in some people.

Last edited:

Herbie

Is the cause of these mutations in the first place basically malnourishment + stress?

redsun

Good input. My post wasn't directed only at diet but other possible health markers genes could tell you. But you are right and make good points.

I personally seem to have an issue with lots of burping and feeling like I have to clear my throat sometimes -- it is bothersome at times and sometimes appears randomly. I have no idea if any foods specifically trigger this or if it is just all. On top of this there is also some possible indigestion as I don't quite feel "right" sometimes like with growling stomach and the feeling that you're not digesting properly (if that makes sense) or food or air stuck in the throat/like it isn't going down right always.

You think I could benefit from T3 supplements? Seen some but don't know where to go from here. I just know I have some digestive woes at times and have had heartburn/stomach growling a lot more/belching more recently. I'm even thinking that some of this process is even triggering heart palpitations as I seem to get them sometimes when I notice the subtle symptoms of gut-like issues.

Since there is a nerve that can be triggered by gastric distress/stomach issues/etc. it makes sense that some stomach-like woes can trigger palpitations at times in some people.

Trust me everyone knows the feeling of something not digesting right, thats the low stomach acid not finishing the job. T3 is one of most powerful supplements you can use, very helpful, it is thyroid after. Thyroid fixes basically everything, and stomach acid and T3 are closely linked, more T3 means better stomach acid production. It should quiet down digestion and reduced burping and bloating and indigestion if you try supplementing it. It just works, there's few things that just work with little fuss, T3 being one of them. Of course dont go overboard, you likely dont need more then 75mcg T3 daily to achieve those effects. I use Tyronene orally 6 drops for 48mcg every morning, does the trick. Did use 9 drops, but 6 was more then enough for me.

EDIT: Also built up daily, 1st day 3 drops, then 2nd 6 drops. So whatever you use whether its tyronene or pill forms, dont dive in to a dose on the first day.

inurendotoxin

Trust me everyone knows the feeling of something not digesting right, thats the low stomach acid not finishing the job. T3 is one of most powerful supplements you can use, very helpful, it is thyroid after. Thyroid fixes basically everything, and stomach acid and T3 are closely linked, more T3 means better stomach acid production. It should quiet down digestion and reduced burping and bloating and indigestion if you try supplementing it. It just works, there's few things that just work with little fuss, T3 being one of them. Of course dont go overboard, you likely dont need more then 75mcg T3 daily to achieve those effects. I use Tyronene orally 6 drops for 48mcg every morning, does the trick. Did use 9 drops, but 6 was more then enough for me.

EDIT: Also built up daily, 1st day 3 drops, then 2nd 6 drops. So whatever you use whether its tyronene or pill forms, dont dive in to a dose on the first day.

Coffee may also have the same effect. Raises stomach acidity in general.

Some sources suggest it may also relax the esophagus, but the jury appears to be out on that.

Anecdotally, I can only speak to the acidity effects, and general improvements on metabolism.

Best way is to try and see what works for you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals