"A hypothyroid person wastes sugar at a terrible rate" -RP

Apple

1699013327691.png

Can we do something to make liver produce more T3 instead of directly supplementing ?

OP
EnergeticLeo

EnergeticLeo

Yep in addition to the above, you can do things that activate the bile acid receptor, which signal to the liver to increase T4 to T3 conversion

View: https://youtu.be/K9MIiN7nzWc?si=MnJSuJwGePEsi2bL&t=5815

So things like taurine, glycine, and TUDCA might work

I did not know this, thanks.
Haidut did a post about this aswell:

OP
EnergeticLeo

EnergeticLeo

I did not know this, thanks.
Haidut did a post about this aswell:
Cool, thanks for the link

Apple

Of course. The conversion of T4 to T3 relies on the health of your liver, and DHEA, Pregnenolone, Progesterone, Androsterone, etc, all increase the conversion.
Yep in addition to the above, you can do things that activate the bile acid receptor, which signal to the liver to increase T4 to T3 conversion
So things like taurine, glycine, and TUDCA might work
1699013327691.png

I may pose the question differently . Does that mean that so called hypothyroidism ( or Wilson's (temperature) syndrome or Broda Barnes definition of low thyroid) has more to do with the liver than thyroid gland per se ? I mean... for an average person, surely there are people with thyroid gland malfunctioning but an average RP forum reader may think ... - Doctor, I think my temperature is too low and heart rate below 60, something is wrong with my thyroid glando_O

As a side note, a key mineral for convertion T4 to T3 is Selenium. But I don't know if supplementing Se can really help. People usually supplement iodine which is no good without Se. Still it is advised to get your Se from foods because supplemeting Se directly is sort of an uncharted territory.

Last edited:
View attachment 57855

I may pose the question differently . Does that mean that so called hypothyroidism ( or Wilson's (temperature) syndrome or Broda Barnes definition of low thyroid) has more to do with the liver than thyroid gland per se ? I mean... for an average person, surely there are people with thyroid gland malfunctioning but an average RP forum reader may think ... - Doctor, I think my temperature is too low and heart rate below 60, something is wrong with my thyroid glando_O

As a side note, a key mineral for convertion T4 to T3 is Selenium. But I don't know if supplementing Se can really help. People usually supplement iodine which is probably no good Se. Still it is advised to get your Se from foods because supplemeting Se directly is sort of an uncharted territory.
They are both equally as important, but if I was forced to give an answer, I would say the liver is more important, as the reason, that T4 does not work for a lot of people, is that it doesn't get turned into T3 enough - so even with enough T4 being made in the thyroid gland, the liver still give hypothyroid symptoms. Furthermore, if your liver is working, then you will be excreting anti thryoid substances and hormones, even more.

And yeah, I haven't read that supplementing extra selenium (if you have a sufficient amount of it), will help, increase the conversion

mgrabs

They are both equally as important, but if I was forced to give an answer, I would say the liver is more important, as the reason, that T4 does not work for a lot of people, is that it doesn't get turned into T3 enough - so even with enough T4 being made in the thyroid gland, the liver still give hypothyroid symptoms. Furthermore, if your liver is working, then you will be excreting anti thryoid substances and hormones, even more.

And yeah, I haven't read that supplementing extra selenium (if you have a sufficient amount of it), will help, increase the conversion
If the liver is working the anti thyroid will release because of what? Giving too much thyroid hormone? What would that mean? Im a little confused sorry

If the liver is working the anti thyroid will release because of what? Giving too much thyroid hormone? What would that mean? Im a little confused sorry
The liver is in charge of excreting toxins in your body, so any things that reduce thyroid functions, like microplastics, will be excreted, at a faster rate.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals